Saturday, September 10, 2022

Meanwhile back at the Homestead...

Things continue to trickle back into my life slowly...I was able to sit by Flossie's Grave side and have a heart to heart visit with her...and I was able to fill some bird feeders...and spent some quality time on both Porches one included a bowl of Ice cream!!
The weather is like fall, cool;  and today we have some rain so won't be going outside but maybe the Screen porch...not sure on that yet...we have plans to give Annie a shed groom and trim her nails she needs a spa day.
Still no word that the van is ready looks like a bad BUS or computer and honestly I worry the wiring harness may also need to be replaced...I hope he doesn't come back with any unfinished work...y'all know I prefer to do my onw car repairs when I am physically able so it's hard to fork out $$$ for something I could have done myself in about an hours time!!
I continue to walk a little bit better with the walker of course and I'm trying to visualize that hole in my bone re-growing, cant hurt to try...
I want to thank everyone who is making my life better, my sisters and my brother in law  for for his love and patience doing without his companion during this time!!  Life is harder on your own for sure, and all of you who are leaving me comments so much appreciated...in such a narrow window on the outside world.
Now the bird migration is beginning I had an email from Cornell Lab...so will be fun to listen and look for what may come our way.
And there is now Limpkin in Congaree Natl Park... I really hope the van gets back in time my sis needs that for her life list...
We change the guard on the 21st as my other sis arrives to relieve Little sis so she can get back to her life she has some upcoming Quilt shows and its very important...that she get back home...one in Denver and the other in Salt Lake!! So if your in the area look for her booth Fabric Corner Store.
Now its pouring down...so we have a sleepy easy day on tap...I plan to stay as far away as possible from any 911 memorials that bring back bad memories and PTSD for me.
I was so sad to hear of the Queens passing she was a grand lady!! I look forward to watching the Royal regroup with King Charles III it will be the first Crowning of a new King in my life time...












PEACE
Every day is a new Challenge!

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    What a great update. It is nice you are able to get around more, the walker will come in handy. You are blessed to have such a loving family to help take care of you. I hope you are not getting too much rain, I saw photos of flooding where my sister lives in Sunset Beach. Sept 11th 2001, will be a day I never forget. I hope you get to see some great birds in your yard during the migration. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen...We had no major rain most of it stayed on the coast hope your sis wasn't hit too bad....yep 9-11 will forever be imprinted on my brain since I was working EMS in NYC then...eye witnessing the tower a balze the people jumping and then the towers fell...no way to ever un-live that..

      Delete
  2. Thank you Eileen I enjoyed your comment..I am trying to focus more on the simple things rather than the cancer and how complicated navigating that creature of a broken Health system that does not work like a well oiled machine except when the billing is concerned....so birds...butterflies and Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you are getting around better and a little more. You have such wonderful sisters to come and give a hand. Nice to have the screened in porch as well as the open one for taking pictures of birds a they migrate. I bet waiting for the van to be fixed knowing you could have fixed it yourself and saved $80. or in this case a hole lot more for sure. Always sending blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JO...yep If only I was able Id already have that van purring!! The fact it broke down during Labor slowed everything down sooo I just have to be patient this time. I know it will be way more than $80 for dang sure!! Have a good Sunday!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so Much Travis....My sis is helping me with some visualizationsand its a time of relazing and guiding some healing...

      Delete
  5. Many thanks for the update.
    I am pleased to read that you are able to sit by Flossie's Grave side, I'm sure it is comforting.

    It certainly sounds that your sisters are looking after you.

    It was very sad when our Queen died, she was a very special lady and will be missed.

    My continued good thoughts and prayers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan...Yes the weayher has cooled and I was able to get to Floss's Grave...I purcjased this thing called a rollator? Its like for tougher terrian...Of corse I have to go slow and rest many times...but I made it! I wish my best to the new King!!

      Delete
  6. You are sounding a little bit more like yourself and I am glad! Ice cream on your porch has to help! And (more seriously) I am really really glad for your lovely sisters . I hope the van comes back whole and healthy and soon. And I hope you get to see the limpkins while your sis is there. We see them pretty easily in Florida, so if she misses there, get well soon enough to bring her down on her next visit during the winter). Of course get well anyway no matter what you see or don't see. Big virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, trying to switch my focus and its helping...THE van returned in good running condition..IT was then main computer or BUS that went kapoo.
      Today my son and sis are towing the trailer getting the yard debris taken away...Let me say sons are not good care givers but they can do yard work!! and say I love you!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!