Friday, September 16, 2022

30 DAYS in



  • Finally the van is back....IM still experiencing sticker shock...since normally I do my own repairs...but unable to at this point in time...Glad I had a good mechanic to turn too wish he wasn't so expensive.
  • Issues I'm facing: So I cancelled that PET Scan,  Just putting myself thru that trauma was not in the cards for me I would have been Radioactive for 18 HRS and IM already suffering Radiation sickness due to the 20 treatments I had.  Sometimes the best word to use is NO.  AND now that opens up a sooner date to begin the  treatment for the lung tumor which I dread but hopefully its going to be immunotherapy...no chemo!!
  • I am continuing to improve my mobility which is a big thing...And my leg is not swelling to the degree that it was so I think healing is happening.
  • Physical Therapy: so this gal named Linda...OMG.  She has done all she can to make my PT not happen...First off she lied   she said she does not do her own schedule!  She would call me at 8PM tell me she is coming the next day and this has been going on awhile at first I had all those out patient visits to deal with and I was unavailable I cant be in two places at once!  I told her the days I was free,  She stalled.  Then one of the visiting nurses told me she is the PT intake supervisor that she does do her own schedule...and That did it..SO I called to complain...NO PT is gonna visit till she does the eval...so due to this ONE person...I am not getting the PT on my leg as promised...so I was told she will be here Thursday morning and if for any reason she is NOT...I am to report it...I'm just not in the mood for any BS!
  • NEW bird feeder: My sis got me a new bird feeder squirrel Proof (we hope) for my upcoming birthday...ITS sooo cool. I love it.
  • Speaking of Sis: What an Angel...she has worked so hard getting my yard back up to snuff along with helping with my day to day living she's got my back in every way...💓and soon my Big sis is arriving...so I look forward to time spent with her...I just want to Wish her safe Journey as she makes her way east, Big Road Trip!! 
  • So 30 days.  My D-Day was Aug 7...




PEACE
Every day is a new Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sondra,
    I am so glad your van is fixed and it is great news your mobility is improving. Maybe some short birding outings are in your future. Sorry you are having trouble with the PT person, I know there are exercises you could be shown to do on your own at home. The new bird feeder sounds nice! Safe travels for your sister. Have a great day and a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eileen,,,After I called the Amedisys Office and complained SHE finally did her job,,,which was just do the intake NOW the PT can begin...Yes i also have OT and Nurses Visit but only for a limited time...So I hope it starts next week SOME excellent people also...eek...we have met some incompetency as expected on every level of this Journey and some excellent ones as well...Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Well sure glad you van is back and he didn't rob you! PTist sounds like a winner. I see above that they finally showed up and you will start getting PT, you seem to be getting around better and the PT will help so much. Can't wait to see your new bird house! Wishing your sister safe travels. Keep up with your great outlook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo! Im supposed to get pT twice a week for 2 weeks then once a week when Chemo starts which is being held up due to the lab at Lexington Med Center dropping the ball. The biopsy was done Aug 10,,,and the Lab in Cambridge Mass. received it on Sept 9???? Somebody screwed up...I find the biggest hurdle in the medical field to be incompetency. Meanwhile there is a tumor in my lung going untreated!!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!