So from the entrance to my campground was 48 more miles of driving.
The scenery is amazing.
The custom of taking a siesta is a good idea be active in the mornings, and then rest through the heat of the day say 3 to 6 then you can get active again once the sun begins to finally set. The desert dry air cools rapidly. You will sunburn then you will freeze at night.
The Audubon's Yellow Rump (+1 other taxa)?
Just barely got the dang hole in the frame...I tell you it was dark...they had flashlights with them but I was happy none of them tried to shine it on the tree...just used them to get back to their campsites! One of them told me he had hiked the day before to see the Colima Warbler, "was it there?"
- I'm 64 yrs old!! (in a couple months)
- I had no backpacking gear with me
- I had not been doing any recent hiking
- I have plantar's fascities in my right foot
- I don't want to do a long hike alone