Friday, April 29, 2022

May?

Summer is trying to break into spring, as the daytime humidity creeps up but the over nights are still nice and cool...as we used to and still do say "good sleeping weather."  
Do you realize this year is NEARLY half over???

The Iris in the my yard are giving me lots of bloom...





Wish I had something for scale, the Rhododendron is huge this year each flower is easily 8 inches across...



The Dutch Iris's are also blooming in the ponds and even ditches that have water...


I checked the nest of the Gnatcatcher pair that I videoed the nest building of and they have added what looks to be some fluff from cattails maybe, but I didn't see any activity...I was not able to get a shot down into the nest...


But I did find a different nest across the road with a bird sitting in it...no cattail fluff...




So could be a second pair or the same pair with a second brood...they hatch in only 10 days and it's been 10 days easily since I was there...



Not much else was happening at the Newsome Mill Pond...So I went down to the second area about 3/4 Mile down the road where I heard the loud ruckus of Prothonotary Warblers!  Three darted back n forth across the bridge to both sides of the little creek there...


Then one went to hopping around on the lily pads looking for an getting little worms 



There was an Eastern Kingbird hunting from this creek also...



At Bramblewood more Painted Bunting are around...I've yet to see a female come out in the open but I can hear more than one bird calling, they are very tough to spot with their lime green coloring...the males are however pretty easy to spot with all the blue, red, and orange..



And a little Downy Woodpecker at Goodale park had some luck  finding a snack...


This photo below is a freshly fledged Eastern Phoebe...


And I also got an open shot of the Great Crested Flycatcher...


Around home the yard birds are busy....

Tufted Titmouse...

And in the back the Black and White Warbler snakes his way along looking for insects..


And the Prairie Warbler leans down so I can see him or he can see me not sure which...


And to end this post a video of the Prothonotary Warbler hopping around on the lily pads hunting...I hope  you enjoy! 

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Awesome photo and video on the Prothonotary Warbler. I love the Painted Bunting, he is a beauty. The Great Crested Flycatcher is a favorite too. Great sightings and outing. Pretty flowers, love the iris. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Eileen...its good to have the beautiful migrants to spice up local birding! Enjoy the weekend.

      Delete
  2. More great bird shots and I really love the black n white Warbler, but then all the warblers have great markings. Enjoyed the video.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks again, I appreciate your comments always....my sis said the video had ads in it? I don't see any ads so I wonder if anyone else is seeing ads...hope not. I am enjoying all the migrants arriving it's the highlight of my time currently! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Very Colorful Post - Just What I Was In Need For - Peaceful As Always - Thank You

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Travis, summer is fast approaching so I gotta get those birds while they are still willing to be photo'd...in a couple weeks they will be worn to a frazzle feeding young one.

      Delete
  4. Your garden flowers are stunning, how lucky you are. I love this. And the birds, all those warblers are fantastic. Love this joyful bit of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, thanks a bunch....the Iris have been soooo lovely this year some years none bloomed, adding the ash from winter fires has helped them to prosper!! TC

      Delete
  5. Wow! Fantastic photos of our feathered friends ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days ~

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I appreciate your comment!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!