Friday, April 22, 2022

Happy Earth Day

As Promised the Bald Eagle video, it's a little shaky hand held and at a distance but the vocalizations to me is the special part.  


             

It was great fun watching them first they soared above then landed across the river...I saw an immature flying as well probably their chick for this year?

Saturday I went to Bramblewood again, it had rained in the morning so by noon time I was stir crazy and needed dog food so I decided to check it out again once the chore was out of the way before heading home...I could hear lots of birds but finding them is getting harder with the trees now fully leafed out.  

                   

A Cedar Waxwing snags a ripe berry off this bush..I like catching wildlife going about their business...Like the Eagles speaking to each other and having that moment, seeing this Waxwing enjoy that berry...that is what makes being out in Nature so special...

This is another video...from last week when I saw the Bachman's Sparrow...notice how he is singing so low he is actually not opening his beak to sing...lol he was interacting with me sort of..


Im trying out Instagram as a photo & video storage and sharing media...It's a little bit large but it seems to work, 

The Painted Bunting arrived this week...Such a brilliant bird every color of the rainbow is on this delicate bird...



Even from the back they are amazing...


One of the challenge birds from Badgerland Birders this month is the Yellow Rump Warbler...I see them all the time but getting a photo is not as easy as you would think...

 this one came out for viewing...


Another of the challenge birds for April is the White Throated Sparrow...I thought I had missed the chance although I heard one in my yard, I was not able to get him out in the open ...but today I went to the River Park, and I found 4 of the little tweeters but SHY they were so I got this sort of shot of a Female...Lots of leafy stuff in the way.  




And I  have no chance of seeing the Blue Winged Teal, our 3rd challenge bird for April, in my area this time of year...I have till the 30th to try to find one. Lately Im not really into the long drives.  

I found this cocoon, it could be a Polyphemus  Moth, but I am no expert...I didn't check to see if it's empty or in use...some hatch in early spring and some in late summer, so I would guess it's hatched maybe even last fall.


This is a Polyphemus Moth I found in my yard in May of 2019 


Such a beautiful creature...they only live in this stage about one week...


Got a chance to see a Belted Kingfisher sitting still for a few minutes...


Amazing the Carolina Wrens have already fledged their first batch of chicks...this one was trying to guide her brood to cover from me..





Time for Wildflowers 

A Grey Catbird shows me his red under tail! 



* * *

Remembering 
JOHN💓 April 22

and 

 CASEY💗 2 yrs
 4/17/2020

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Hello and Happy earth Day!
    Loved the Eagle video, I love hearing their calls. Beautiful captures of all the birds, the Painted Bunting and the Cedar Waxwing are favorites. The moth is a beauty, great find. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eileen, I hope your Earth Day is enjoyable as well, birds are frantic around here looking for mates and getting on with it! The Bluebird are already feeding chicks and the wrens are showing their hatchlings the ropes of finding food...The weather is perfect so life is good. Enjoy the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Happy Earth Day to you Sondra! I now had enjoyed the Eagle video twice that you posted it is wonderful that you got such great footage. Of course all the photos are fantastic. The painted bunting is gorgeous and the king fisher is something else also.
    Did do much but hunker down from the still crazy winds. If this keeps up by time the check comes to help cover some of the new roof they won't have to many shingles left to remove LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL,,,hope your roof hangs in there mine is so old it shines in the sunlight...thanks for watching the video...it was amazing to watch the interaction between as they were flying too...I didn't even try to video that they were way too fast for me. Have a good Weekend.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful birds -- the bunting is almost too beautiful to be believed! all just gorgeous. Beautiful portrait of the Kingfisher (my nemesis bird). "Our" eagles can be really noisy. I didn't get to see, but someone I read about was saying that one of the two young ones was "vocalizing" a lot yesterday while the other one seems to have left for good. They are actually hanging around home a lot longer than they usually do. Who can blame them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, Thank you kindly...it's kinda sad how the parents just fly off and leave them in the end...but it seems to work....I do think birds are great parents tho...

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!