Friday, December 10, 2021

Observations of the week...

At this point Im just trying to get to the new year 


Hovering over a photo with your cursor will give you the caption....this is something new Im trying to remember to do...so try it out and see if you like it.



The landscape is mostly brown now..
We had some cold damp rainy weather and so I didn't get out much with my camera...I tried to find some seasonal color to share...


Taking my walk by one of the ponds sadly I had seen a dead fish floating...and then I saw this immature Bald Eagle cruising by and he circled and spied the fish...


I could not see the pond surface at this time cause some vegetation blocked my view but I enjoyed watching him as he... 


 maneuvered around the cell tower...and into position to go for it...



he was moving swiftly all this time, he disappeared and when he reappeared, rising up, he had the fish in his talons, too bad I missed the grab action, it all happened really fast..


Can you see the fish? I don't know what kind it was...


Its good to see any type flower this time of year.


Lots of texture in this 




I enjoyed these leaves from gold, orange, maroon, to bronze!

Around home my Christmas cacti have only a couple flowers on them I have kept them small because they can be very fragile...




The girls and I are enjoying a nightly fire to stay warm when we relax at night.  



NOW its on to the 3rd week of December...This weekend is the Free Christmas Concert, covid is on the rise I may or may not go...will decide last minute....I've been doing a lot of reminiscing of  Christmas's past...I purchased Home Alone 1 & 2 hope to watch on Christmas Eve...time to embrace new traditions. I think I am channeling my Mom this year as she never was a fan of the whole affair. BUT she did love to bake Magik Cookies! 





PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

10 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the photo of your Mom holding the cookie tin! Nice memory! Great captures of the Red-tailed hawk and the Eagle. It is nice to see the colorful berries, the color does pop. Your Christmas Cactus blooms are pretty. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Eileen, it's hard to not be thinking of Mom this time of year because we did a lot of holiday things together baking, gift wrapping, shopping, and of course the 25th. I was only out one day for photos since it's been gloomy most of the week so I had only a few worth sharing. I was happy to see some birds of prey out and about. TC

      Delete
  2. Great photo of your dear mom and her cookie tin. You shots of the eagle is fabulous. I bought a Christmas Cactus a couple of weeks ago, it was loaded with buds and not one has bloomed and most have fallen off. Oh well it is still alive so maybe there is still hope. Nice fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Christmas cactus can be very hard to grow I h ad a huge beautiful one that was actually a mother's day one and one day a squirrel sneaked in the porch via the doggie door and destroyed it...so the ones I have now I never bring outside and I keep them in small pots. Hope your new one lives on. TC

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed seeing your photographs and yes by hovering over each one with my cursor worked well.

    That is such a lovely photograph of your dear mom.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I like the hover thing, Many times I visit other bird blogs and with no caption if its a bird from another country I have no clue what it is...I just hope I can remember to do it each time I post...We have each tried to create mom's recipe but always fall short.

      Delete
  4. You found quite a bit of Christmas color! It's all about new traditions for us too this year. I like hovering over the pictures -- it works really well, I don't think Typepad (my platform) offers that option, but I sure would try it if I could. .... The Eagle shots are great! I love it when I see a bird being successful at getting lunch! ...I don't bake much any more at all, but somehow I really want your Mom's Magik cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, I will send you the recipe! I am enjoying the hover thing it's kinda fun and interactive. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  5. I found the email with the recipe and I will try it one of these days (we don't need the calories, but sometimes you've just gotta' have a little magic and it might as well be cookies! I'll think of you and your mom! It was very sweet of you to send it. Thanks again too for the bird ID -- I am eager to go back to Six Mile just so I can see the ghatcatcher again and think "I know that bird." I hope you have an OK Christmas -- it is different nowadays isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you're welcome, yep its full of sweet....hope you can put it in your recipe box. We don't have the Gnat Catcher this time of year but I sure enjoy them all summer...tc.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!