Friday, December 24, 2021

Winter!!


Tuesday was the shortest day of the year less than 8 hrs of daylight...unless you live in Fairbanks Alaska, where it was only 3 hours and 42 minutes. 

 Hello fellow bloggers, this blog will post on the eve of the holiday so I wanted to get it written up a little early so I could just chill and enjoy my eve with nothing pending, it has been an easy week but I will share some bits of my week with you all...

(dont forget to hover for more captions)

I have been cutting some of my home grown salad greens here and there although winter is not my favorite time of year for greens, but I grew all this so I need to start eating it, so I made up a salad...the Arugula is very hot so it has be tempered with some other green like Spinach, Simpson, and Romaine.



The pot of Cilantro is also an added benefit, I add it to soups, chili, and sometimes in the salad as well it provides a nice punch for the pallet.  I enjoy having a little food growing around my place even if its only greens.  



A sunny days brings every one out to warm up...



I'm over run by these chubby critters...this is why you see wire cages around all my pots




Sweet Annie




One day I drove out to one of my favorite fields...Its full of dried Sunflower heads, 


I picked one up off the ground...


I see various birds but it's private property so I normally can't get much of a look at the birds just distant views, 



this come came home with me...


Didn't take long....



And I keep hoping some Goldfinch will come by...

One dirt road goes through the field area so I can bird from the van window This is part of my 5 mile radius 



Back at home...



A window shot of the Hermit Thrush 



The Wise One


You can always count on finding some beautiful flowers at the cemetery  



Not to mention some fun birds hanging out 

This cemetery is a rural one and the land next to it, the AG fields back up to, and on this day I found a bright spot in the brown drab....


The Little Palm Warbler...even tho this is not the State bird of Florida it should be..they are so plentiful there and I'm glad to see them increasing in numbers here also. 


This photo has two kinglets in it, hope you can find them....hover to discover



And a curious Eastern Bluebird ....

One of my very favorite Sparrows can you guess what it is? 


Hover for the answer. 

We expect a high of 70 on Christmas day sooo that sounds perfect to me. 

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

8 comments:

  1. That Field Sparrow is very attractive but the Cardinal is still one of my favourites. I remember seeing a picture of one when I was young and I was fascinated by its colour.
    Have a good time Sondra, chill and enjoy your pizza and beer and maybe the fire pit. All the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, I have the pizza ready to bake and my movies are queued to play...
      I hope you are well and than you for all the comments all the year long so much appreciated and always encouraging. Best Wishes to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Sondra
    Great variety of birds and pretty photos. Annie looks very sweet, cute doggie.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. We are expecting warm temps for Christmas day, maybe some rain too. Take care, have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, we expect a 70 degree day hope the sun will be out but not sure on that one, tonight it may sprinkle..
      I hope you enjoy the holiday weekend and thanks for all your great comments always look forward to your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Sondra!
    So wonderful to have that little garden at your place. So many wonderful bird pictures, fun to see the little House Finch at the sunflower head you brought home. pictures are so crystal clear and the colors are perfect. We are at 63 for the high today and cloudy but I'm loving this weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thank you kindly....I had a very simple Christmas and it was just right It is sunny and warm so I plan to get out and enjoy the day today maybe do a little birding. Now we are entering 2022...Oh My that sounds so impossible!!

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy your selection of photographs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, I hope your New Years was peaceful and full of plans.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!