Friday, March 18, 2022

Warbler Neck

Weird weather continues to plague us, wind storms, late freezes, heavy rain, thunder storms, and in the mountains, snow! So anything goes but my favorite weather has been scarce, Warm and Sunny! ;o)  I took these photo  on Sunday when it was sunny but COLD...

Red Bellied Woodpecker 


The Yellow Rumped Warbler the first Warblers to arrive and the last ones to leave!

Tuesday I headed over to Lee State Park, because more rain is on the way so I went to see if I could find some more Warblers...



The Pine Warbler, lives here year round...and they nest in PINE TREES! 




the Black and White Warbler...

In Winter this warbler migrates to Mexico, Central America and the Northwest areas of South America Along with Cuba and the Islands....some winter in Florida and the Gulf Coast of the USA.  But they Nest Here and the oldest one recorded was over 11 yrs old. 


How many turtles on one perch? 


Hover your cursor for my guess...


A Red Headed Woodpecker hiding behind some Spanish Moss...



This tiny turtle is about the size of Silver Dollar...A Wood Turtle?


The Northern Parula is back...they over winter in Central American and Cuba!  They Breed Here!


I also saw the White Eyed and Blue Headed Vireo's  almost got shots of them..



Peek-a-boo



 along with Yellow Throated Warbler. 


 the Hermit Thrush allowed a photo of all 3 sides of him...they breed mostly up in the Canadian Provinces. 






And A bird I see daily is the female Northern Cardinal She will be laying her eggs soon...they live here year round. 




I had a quick snack lunch...then headed to the boardwalk...




Before I knew it the sky had clouded over....


So time to head home....

And this  has to be the worst wildlife photo ever taken, but can you just make out in the blurry background the shape of a Bob Cat?


It crossed the road quickly and then slinked into the deep brush by the time I had my camera up it was pretty well hidden.  

Since the time change my day is almost over before it gets going....It's gonna take me some time to catch up with the clock...Here is a new plant based breakfast "sausage" Im trying.  Its the Beyond Meat brand, and I really like it as well as their veggie burger,  It was pretty good AND the packaging is perfect, Cardboard!! 



I was able to find a lot of early Warblers, I'd like to find more but it's tough they are most always UP high in the tree tops...thus the title of this blog. 
-----

Please keep our friend Dave in you thoughts as he is facing some health issues...we want you back in our circle Dave so our thoughts of well wishes are with you!


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Warbler neck feels awful but I do enjoy seeing the warblers. You have some beautiful photos of your birds and sightings. I have been hearing lots of Pine Warblers here, they nest in the forest around our house. It is neat seeing the Bobcat. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I do love chasing Warblers, but it can be frustrating, they are so fresh and spunky in their task! Since "away" birding is not in the cards for me at this time...Im making the best of trying to find new arrivals...soon the hummers will be here! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Blessing to Dave for a speedy recovery.
    The turtles remind me of how many people fit in a VW in this case on a log! So many wonderful birds in the area right now. That black and white warbler is really attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks so much I know Dave appreciates the Blessing...I counted 7 in that one little spot of about 10 inches...it reminds me of riding the subway in NYC .,,lol Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. I haven't been sleeping very well lately and counting turtles made me start nodding my head... turtles, they're the new sheep! Great photos of birds (I would be happy to claim any of them, but I know you always want better!) . I know what you mean about your neck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year the birds are way up there especially the new arrivals...
      Don't you love turtles....they are so laid back.

      Delete
  4. WOW!!! Warblers! SO EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its that time of year and soon the hummers will arrive!!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!