Friday, February 11, 2022

Yesterday and today...

I used to love to sing...I was never particularly good at it, but it sure did make me feel good to try.  So tonight I sang acapella, Memory, from the Broadway musical, CATS,  to my dogs...Im happy they didn't begin to howl...lol  I Love Barbara Streisand's version ...I just don't hear her music much anymore.  

If you're familiar with the play, Grizabella has been ostracized by the fellow cats, And she is lonely and in much sadness.  The play is actually very moving and the costumes are amazing.   I watched a DVD version of the play...If you have never seen it I recommend it.  



Lately I have been going way back in time digging up memories...one line in the song says... "When the dawn comes, tonight will be a memory too, and a new day will begin." Each day we are creating the past the future is only alive in our thoughts...Actually when you think about it there is only Then and now.  There is NO future!! Wow. 

We definitely had winter this year.  By northern standards it was a cake walk but nothing is colder than a damp cold, the type we had.  So I feel like I've been curled up in a blanket for nearly a month.  Time to uncurl!

First of the year Ring Necked Ducks seen on Monday in a pond by the highway...

Soon enough Im sure I will be complaining about the heat, such is life eh? 




This little White Throated Sparrow will soon be heading back to breeding grounds up north and the birds in the tropics will be moving in here to take their  place...I hope

"It's so easy to leave me all alone with my memories of my days in the sun."

Today it was nice and warm so I took a walk around I haven't been going very far these days, seems Im completely content to just be at home with my simple life.  There was a beautiful crow on the ground this morning..


Then later in the day I had to go out and so I stopped at the Sewage Ponds, one part has been restored to a natural area...So I walked one of the trails around, found this Swamp Sparrow..


Moving  by the cattails lots of Song Sparrow skittered around they don't fly far and sometimes one would perch up to see what all the disturbance is about...



These two birds look  very similar but if you look closely one has streaks and a strong dot on the chest and the other does not.  


When the Sparrows leave and the Summer Tanager and the Flycatchers arrive the heat comes with them...up from the tropics..

 I left the ponds and went by the river to see what was out, a Bald Eagle flew over headed North but too far for a photo so I concentrated on the Double Crested Cormorants swimming and diving in the water.


I'm keeping this short since I posted on Wednesday give you guys a break, and thank you all for your visits.
Have a Happy Valentine's day...eat chocolate, stop and smell the flowers, and feed the birds!


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the musical CATS, I certainly missed an interesting show.
    Your walks allow you to enjoy nature in a very special way.
    The crow is very beautiful.
    I read on a local newspaper that in a near city some s..t people killed a cormorant for fun. I am very angry!
    Of course I feed the birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stefano, if you can find the DvD or find Cats on YouTube, I think you would enjoy it...OH NO why would anyone kill a Cormorant? They harm no one...I agree some people I just can't understand and want nothing to do with them! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

      Delete
  2. I like corvids, they are very intelligent, lots of videos of clever crows on You tube. Nice sharp pictures of the Song Sparrow, what camera did you use? Cormorants always look prehistoric especially when drying their wings.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave I used my new to me Panasonic Lumix...I never could find an FZ82 so I got another FZ80 its a workhorse camera! I love to watch the crows they come to my yard and field twice a day and I always look forward to seeing them. Happy Weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I have never seen the musical Cats. I love your pretty Ruby-crowned Kinglet. The Song Sparrows are sweet. Pretty capture of the Crow. I do not think I could ever complain about heat, I prefer warm weather over the cold temperatures, snow and ice. Happy Valentine's Day to you! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I am not a fan of cold weather...and I don't like to move snow around I used to enjoy skiing but that is not something I do anymore. I no longer own a snow suit. I love 70's music and temperature!
      Hope your Sunday is peaceful.

      Delete
  4. It's nice that the weather is giving you a break, here to but I just can't get moving. So happy your stopped at the ponds and found some great birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, this week has been warmer, the nights still chilly but it warms up quickly...however it has not been sunny every day. I find it hard to stay motivated more and more. Another week on the way ready or not I guess...Have a good one!!

      Delete
  5. I have the Cats stage show DVD, i'd love to see it on the actual stage though, Memory is such a special song! The year already seems to be going quickly so definitely the warmer weather will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I bet it would be a thrill to see the Play on stage for sure. When I lived in NYC I went to some off Broadway play like Stomp they had they own theater, and Blue Man Group, also they had their own theater. Wicked was the big play when I was living there. Enjoy your week!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!