Friday, January 1, 2021

2021 Finally!!

2020 had a curse on it, good riddance is how I see it. My highlights list would be the short list and yes I know all about looking at the bright side...so don't even. 
 
Our new weather pattern is steady holding, 3 days clear, 4 days gloom cold rain and repeat...so right now on second day of the 4 day rain cycle.  It brings with it,  THE FOG, wasn't there a Sci-Fi movie of that same name.

 'OK GOOGLE, the FOG', ?
"The Fog was a movie made in 1980 about a California coastal town that was besieged by a mysterious fog and with it came the spirits of shipwrecked sailors." 
I would love to change my google voice to Samuel L. Jackson's voice. My son told me there was a GPS that you could use his voice and, if you miss a turn it don't say Make a U turn, it says "YOU stupid MF turn around and pay attention." LOL...That would make life much more interesting. 

OK...glad Im not near the coast...funny I should think of that as I just redid my blog post about the Shipwreck Museum visit I did in the Whitefish Bay area of the UP of Michigan.  Im trying to replace the photos that Flickr deleted... Greedy Ba$t**d$  And I expect any time now Blogger will ask us to pay and hold our posts as ransom for payment same as Flickr did...

                    This is your brain in 2020


This little Chipping Sparrow seems to be saying when its this rain going to quit?


With our new climate of rain rain rain, my fence is rotting, moss is growing everywhere soon we will be the new  Eastern Rain Forest...My larger than life cacti, is growing pretty good still it's tripled in size..it breaks up the monotone grey and white with a little green. 


Although pale green; this was given to me by a complete stranger in town who was cutting one down and I inquired about it, he wanted to give me  a full wheelbarrow full, but I knew better and said ONE pad will do me, and it did...


The Purple Finches are back, took this shot through the screen of the porch so it's a little whacky looking as they are very spooked in the Fog...and fly off asa I open the door to go outside, but you still see the beauty of him, the female landed then took off quick so I didn't get her in the photo, there was 3 males.   The fog intensifies their color.  


     Lichen and fungi all over the place

it has one crack...I've had this since 1984.  

This old stained glass I brought back from one of my many trips to CO over the years  makes a bright spot on a dreary day.  It's a thrift store find. 

             do you see bird #two in the photo?

The Northern Cardinal is inquisitive enough to respond to the little sound I make and came out of hiding while I held the screen door open with my foot...they hang out in the holly bush I planted long ago.. 

 a Cardinal is supposed to be a symbol of good luck and good fortune, I can verify this is not true since I see one daily....yes this is a cynical post...lol

YIN<:0:>YANG

Im making a Zucchini Portabella  Quiche, first ever. 


Normally its Black Eyed Peas, Collard Greens, and Cornbread for New Years, but Im gonna stick with the "Redbird and Quiche" hope it works...I used a flour tortilla for my crust, and just regular cheddar, and free range eggs, it's vegetarian but not vegan.  
It's been 17 years since I stopped eating dead animals.   Just think of all the chicken, cow, and pig whose life was not  consumed by me, would you consider doing the better thing and join me?  I want to get back to my Vegan lifestyle and that is one of my resolutions...so once the eggs and cheese are gone----- back to Vegan Baby, 

I have an Auto Immune Disorder, it's called Hashimoto's Disease. 
(IF you right click this link select Incognito you wont be bothered by the ads)

This is completely new I'm almost thinking it was due to COVID that my immune system is now fubar...I have had thyroid issues since 1996 and I take medication for that, and my BP is a little high so Salt is out,  Flax Oil is in  if I can find it.  And some Foods have to go...like mushrooms, cheese, soy,  free range eggs, potatoes, most root crop veggies.  Doesn't leave much does it? Even Beans and Nuts a mainstay of my diet...and NO GRAINS....the staff of life hit me on the head.  My iron was good everything else good but a little high on the Triglycerides,.

Welcome to old age--->  2021

I prebaked the Zucchini so its not full of water. So the Tortilla, the mushrooms, the zuke, and the mixture of coconut milk, free range eggs, and cheddar, with a splash of Balsamic Vinegar,,,,

animals are not FOOD, 

It's all Uphill from here.  I am not worried, Im ready to go when my time comes...I still gotta get to Hawaii...and reach 500 birds on my life list.  NO Im not giving up but Im not gonna stress out over it either.  Taking things in stride is another resolution, and ask more questions and give less advise. 

 YUMMY it's really good just had a piece with a
cup of coffee to stave off the chill of this rainy foggy day

LOOKING FORWARD TO A BETTER YEAR  
January 20th can't come quick enough to please me.
Keep your eyes and ears open is all I gotta say. 

New Year new Font. 

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

11 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Sondra!
    I love your stained glass I have a love of that stuff and have a few that yes I got at thrift stores. I was so hoping to be able to incorporate them into my little cabin in the mountians well we know how that worked out. This new weather pattern is quite insane just like the rest of the world. It has been very cold here and I'm OK with that believe me. I don't ever make resolutions because I know darn well the next day I will already break them. I'm just going to go on with what I was doing health wise as it worked. Yes I saw the other bird can't miss those beauties. Like you I can't wait for the 20th to get that lunatic out of office. You meal looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, and the all the best to you in 2021..I will be right there reading what you share in this new year, yes I want Jan 20th to come before more damage than we can clean up is done. This time lets toss the baby out with the bath water.

      Delete
  2. I eat meat but not a lot, probably only a couple of times in a week, but I eat fish. My daughters is vegetarian and when she was home her and I ate the same meals. I would find it very very hard to go without cheese especially and eggs though. But vegetarian meals are always very attractive.
    Those Cardinal would cheer me up on a rainy day, they are so vivid. Happy New Year to you and so far at the moment there are some pleasant things to look forward to. It will be interesting to see how Trump behaves at the inauguration ceremony lets hope he can find one bit of dignity, although I have my doubts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dave, Honestly I hope Trump does not show up to spoil the day for us all we rejoice kicking him to the curb. The UN denounced him today, A sitting US president denounced by the United Nations...that is how low he has taken us.
      Yes I've been wavering back n forth between Vegan and Veggie, and it's hard I won't lie and say it's easy just a choice I need to make. ALL the best for you and your family in 2021...I look forward to reading all your posts and enjoying your friendship and comments.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    We are in a weather pattern with rain every few days, I guess it could be worse and we could be getting snow and or ice. I do see the second Cardinal, their color does pop even in the fog. That cactus is cool and I love the Purple Finch! Your stained glass window is beautiful. I have been to Hawaii, but I was not a "birder" at the time. Now I would like to go back and look for the birds. I will breathe a sigh of relief on Jan 20th, when the crazy man is really gone. I wish you all the best in 2021, a very happy and healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eileen, I wish we had a time machine and we could just zoom on up to Jan 20th...My sisters in CO have had lots of snow and I hear Kansas has Ice, so we are some of the luckier ones in this new world climate. I have been racking up as many sky miles as I can and what I'd like to do is fly in and rent an suv or minivan and camp in it and explore I don't have funds to Island hop or stay in fancy hotels... so I think Kauai, which has a highway all the way around, and more forest reserves would be my best choice. It's my daydream at least. ALl the very best to you in 2021 I will be following along.

      Delete
  4. I’d love to go to Hawaii... to bird and to see (if possible) the volcano. (Not to lie on the beach or to surf). And even if we couldn’t afford to go, it would be great to know it was open again , because that’s would mean this pandemic was over! .... Don’t let your health stuff get you down. You have too much to do, too many places to go, too much to teach the rest of us. ... I have never seen the movie, but I am afraid of fog (not really petrified afraid, I just don’t like it. I like light and knowing what’s ahead and behind me.).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of like the fog, it does make for good photos sometimes, like showing off the colours of the Finch. The stained glass if beautiful, I love the blues. It's going to take some doing to adjust your diet with so many things you can't have anymore, I've not head of Hasimoto disease before?

    Here's to a better year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, well Im just gonna do what I can about the foods, I chose not to eat the meats, and I now many of the foods I've turned too are gonna have to be eliminated too...but day by day. I like fog that eventually lifts to reveal a gorgeous day...lol it does change so much of our experience the saturation, the sounds, and the depth of field. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. Your Zucchini Portabella Quiche looks and sounds delicious.
    Sending my good wishes to you for 2021.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, it was really good the Tortilla worked great for the crust.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!