Wednesday, December 23, 2020

If it Brings you Joy.


On my last trip to the Wildlife Refuge, I took Rd 8,  Normally that gate is locked but now it's open so I decided to check  it out,  Glad I did it has some high points  literally.  



The best I can tell I think Im on Mary's Hill!!  I never got to take Mom up on her hill that area has been closed for years, but then I realize it's open certain times of the year...and I rarely took her out in winter months she did not do well breathing in cold air.  But this is the view from there... 


It's not too often I get an elevated view around here...the elevation at my home is 282 ft..that distant couple peaks is Sugar Loaf Mountain Recreation Area.  I will have to go there and show you guys around, haven't been there in a while. 


The road took me to Pool K...





Visitors Drive


had the entire place to myself..I did not see another person for the 4 hours I was there. 
Exactly what the Dr ordered...had my lunch time stop at the Twin Lakes area that I discovered on my last exploration attempt. 


It's always wonderful to see the Red Cockaded Woodpecker this close to my home 

  it's 15 miles as the crow flies...

red cockaded wp
Play

also had the Red Bellied Woodpecker digging an insect out of a tree.  


P1170023
Play




At Martin's Lake I spotted a Belted Kingfisher resting in a tree...




The Eastern Bluebird seems to love the seeds of this plant the name of which I have forgotten...



I hope all of you have a good holiday weekend..,Im hoping for the best,,,


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

14 comments:

  1. Hello,Sondra
    The views are beautiful. It is nice you had the place to yourself. The Red-cockaded Woodpecker is an awesome sighting. Great videos. I love the Kingfisher and the Bluebird. Great sightings and photos. Take care, enjoy your day! Merry Chrismtas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. It looks like your weather is good and perfect for walking and seeing those views! Have a good Christmas Sondra and stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam the weather is on a pattern or sun, cold, wind, then rain, rinse and repeat...today its sun tomorrow wind n rain followed by Cold for Christmas day our high will be 39 and windy. Good day for watching movies under my favorite warm blanket!

      Delete
  3. What great views from up on the mountain and of course some great bird pictures as well. Canceled all holiday visits sending the food and gifts with my daughter that will be left out in the carport when I know she is on her way. Virus is so bad here and we have one family member with it and one who was exposed my a co worker but so far has tested negative. I don't mind being alone one bit. Our weather isn't going to be much better than yours on Christmas day so maybe a good movie and a nice warm blanket sounds pretty good to me too. Enjoy you day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo sorry your plans got cancelled...maybe you can skype or zoom, I noticed Facebook as a new thing called rooms where more than one person can be involved...it will just be me and son if he doesn't cancel on me, Im not doing anything traditional food wise since we did that on Thanksgiving,

      Delete
  4. Thats a wonderful blue on the Eastern Bluebird. Good weather there as it is here today. Yesterday was dreadful, wall to wall rain, so today its a bike ride. Have a good Christmas .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, we have tons of rain coming today then COLD behind it. Hope you have a great ride today...this refuge is a favorite spot for cyclists, as the roads have little traffic, and there's some good hills too. Have a fun weekend.

      Delete
  5. My My My, Talk About Done Dry - WoW - Stoked You Were Out And About - Very Peaceful Location For Sure - Cute Little Video As Well - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Travis, Im ready for the new year and look forward to reading your fun posts....happy new year,

      Delete
  6. A very nice post, so nice to see your photographs and videos, those views are wonderful.

    Sending my good wishes for the holiday season and happy new year too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, hope your New Year gets off to a good start.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful birds and pretty “mountain” drive (LOL). We are missing flatland Florida this year! But our mountains are beautiful here in Oregon. I am enjoying catching up here and wish you a Hopeful New Year (the real celebration will be January 20!]. I didn’t blog or visit for the past couple of weeks because I was suffering from the blahs. I’m better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the Blahs, I pretty much have the same just waiting for liberty to be resumed on the 20th and tomorrow to go as well as it can with all the BS that is planned. Yes I don't know the elevation of where I was should of Plugged Wilma (my GPS) in and checked it. Maybe 500 to 800 ft? Happy New yr.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!