Friday, January 22, 2021

New Beginnings...

As mentioned in my last post Im going back thru old posts replacing photos when I can find them...but the  years, 2013-15 seem to be the hardest hit area...so MANY of those posts will remain like the frame  of a house burned down...thank you greedy YAHOO. 
 This digital world; easy come easy go eh?   

                                                    saw this in the mechanics junk yard

So my van's in the hospital and won't be let out till I pay the ransom That's why I don't like dropping off a vehicle to a mechanic at an end of a week, but that is how it goes.  So I went nowhere.  Its been gone a week today...It took 4 days just to tell me, it needs some work and he has  to order the parts and Monday was a holiday so that slowed the process. 

Im currently working on a Florida 2016 post  It was good to remember that trip with Casey riding shotgun with me...I sure miss him.   Every single time I walked him in FL someone would warm me about small dogs and alligators.  I guess I looked stupid to them...lol So I've been jumping around in the old posts...found a few old photos in Facebook..,here is one. 

                                                        
                         he was so small and vulnerable...but he had the heart of a lion
                                           and the soul of  an ancient gentle butterfly.



Around the Homestead

Annie yesterday 

Annie today

Thank you Annie, but you keep it...

She chews up stix for fun

and bark sometimes

The sun brings out the cold blooded herps...

Spring is not far off the Plants are ready 

Daffs creeping up thru the leaves


Flossie

 I have more photos of Annie than Flossie, because she follows me around, Flossie has mobility issues so she stays put more..
Her chronic leg troubles from the old ACL tear and now even a front leg seems gimpy and gives her pain. They are in their senior years now and they are happy to just lay around out in the yard and bark at the occasional things going by on the road, sometimes it's a horse and rider, sometimes its a walker with a dog off leash and sometimes its the UPS man they always bark at his truck whether he stops or not...Fed Ex too,  Dogs are so smart. 
                                                                   
                                                                            Flossa-rator last spring 

I nicknamed her Flossarator cause she is like the terminator when it comes to stubbornness, She never gives in...she just defiantly grins and walks away.  

The yard is a buzz with birds getting ready to hi tail it in a couple months...I'm going to miss these little Red Breasted Nuthatches and the little squeaky call...the sunny day brought them all out to the feeders.  



It's good to have them around.  I've started getting the yard cleaned up for Spring... my fruit trees are all setting buds, I guess I should fertilize them now, Give a boost to hopefully bloom...If the deer don't come to browse on them all will be good.  


Peach tree Sapling

The Purple Finch female still looking gorgeous

The last time I went to what I call the Sparrow Fields, they had put in a sign in book in a mailbox here's what I found when I opened it,,,


                                         
                                                                 Click middle to play


The inauguration went very well I thought, I hope all learned a lesson, when someone is obviously lying, NO One should agree with that, IT has to be called out for what it is, this includes the news media.  Extremists from both sides need to realize we live in a bubble, it will never be perfect; harmony is the one thing we can hope to achieve.  A call to action that harms one over the other is NOT the way. We dodged the Fascists bullet this time.  We got a taste of what a Dictatorship would feel and look like, LIES and half the voting population actually fell for it.  I hope there is a reckoning for them to come out from under that veil of lies. 

there she goes again..




PEACE


Every day is a new Adventure.

21 comments:

  1. Memories are a wonderful thing to have. Sorry about the van, its always something.
    I love the nuthatchers all of them and the little titmouse. The girls look like little bears this time of year in their fur coats.

    And what a relief that the Inauguration went off peacefully. That ignorant fool is finally gone and most rudely of course. Been reading some remarks left by folks on twitter. I won't join but at least I can see what people think of that bunch and nothing nice is being said about them but that isn't any surprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jo, you're right the girls have thick coats they both have some chow in them and I think the thickness comes from that,,,IM so happy to have A real leader for a change.

      Delete
  2. I must have missed your last post Sondra about the van getting fixed, hope its not too expensive. Just think of how many more years you will get out of it.
    Its always uplifting to see the signs of Spring, daffs are nearly out here and snowdrops and primroses are out, such a welcome sight.
    You have got me hooked on Forest, his vids are very watchable and he has such an easy going manner.
    Good luck on the van front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, I knew you'd enjoy Forest his adventurous spirit is just so Inspiring, even if we never get to do what he has done, it's fun to go along for the ride, I cant wait to see his van build all done. He is like me, he dove in with no plan...a real DIY'r

      Delete
    2. OH forgot Im picking van up today hopefully..

      Delete
    3. You follow Foresty Forest? Love that kid, always has me on the edge of my seat with his climbing.

      Delete
    4. Yes I have a crush on Forest, he is amazing.

      Delete
  3. What a shame about the van, everything seems to take twice as long to do these days! The shot of the Purple Finch is lovely as the pics of the dogs :)

    I watched the inaugaration and must admit got a little emotional, such a difference already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, yes old van means it's always gonna be something I just hope this solves the problem.

      Delete
    2. IM hit the publish button before I was done, I too am sleeping better at night already...I know the Right will continue to Stew they have nothing to fear they only want to control the entire population instead of allowing everyone a chance, they are afraid of immigrants, minorities, they are a fearful bunch of rats.

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you're sleeping better, I should imagine many people are!

      Delete
  4. Hello,

    I love all your cute dogs. I hope you get you can back soon. We had to pay $600 to have the gas line fixed, it was eaten by some critter. It is great that you are seeing signs of Spring. We may have some snow Monday-Tuesday. Cute shots of the Nuthatch and Purple Finch. I am so happy the Inauguration went smoothly, we have to start preparing for 2022 now. McConnell is already being a jerk. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes McConnell can not be trusted. Hopefully as a little time passes he will see he is no longer the Voice of the Senate, Ive been watching my yard wildlife and they never disappoint, and my girls are the love in my life.

      Delete
  5. Love all the dog pics! Hope you were able to pick up your van and that it's running well for ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, the girls are such a treasure, and the van seems to be running as well as it can at 20 yrs of age. I hate to think I would have to change vehicles, it's like my second home.

      Delete
  6. At least you have some beautiful backyard birds and the dogs to amuse you while the van is in hospital...hope you get it back better than ever without too big a dent in the budget. ... Cyndi and
    Jeff’s dog chews huge logs, I worry about him, but they don’t. ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, so far it's seems fixed its 20 yrs old sooooo anything is possible. Annie snaps the pieces off the wood then just leaves it on the ground, however she has gotten a small twig wedged between her teeth not once but twice it can be a hazard.

      Delete
  7. Forgot to say of course I was elated we got safely thru Inaguration Day and it was beautiful. Wonderful to have a real human being in charge for a change and I think he will do the best anyone can. ... also, forgot to day that there sure were a LOT of ladybugs signing in at that mailbox. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes I am already letting go of that feeling of dread when I think of our nation, its going to get better...the Ladybugs were a complete surprise...
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  8. Aww so nice to see all of your dog photographs ...
    I'm hoping that your van is working well now.

    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, so far its going good, till the next thing...and it has more issues that I hope to address as money allows...if possible.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!