Friday, December 18, 2020

Just another week

Today I cut wood in order to keep my  stack as high as it can be.  My yard birds were happy Sunday as it was so warm...I had the windows open.


                              I said BIRDS!!  Everybody in the yard was eating..


OR waiting their turn to eat.


The Winter crops are hanging, not growing much tho.,I have a couple tiny cabbages in there and one broccoli forming,,,


brown headed nuthatch 

red breasted nuthatch

And some sunning was going on,.

Floss




GULP toss it up catch it


  I could  hear Pine Warblers all around me, and was able to find a couple...at the state park where I went to de-stress..





Yellow rump warblers also in the same tree, down in this  picnic area.  I had Red breasted Nuthatch, Brown Headed Nuthatch, Ruby Crowned, and Golden Crowned Kinglets,,,,



I checked the water and no waterfowl or waders present, it was cold on this day it may not look it but it sure was.

Eastern Bluebird

I had all these little guys chirping  at once,  So my head was turning around like the girl in the Exorcists.  I was making a mental list as I went. So then in came a Downy Woodpecker and he would not come out in the open so while I phished and hoped he would, out came a Blue Headed Vireo,  That was fine with me.,


None of them wanted to stand still so no sharp crisp photo...still I was happy to put my eyes on them.


the rest of the world seems so far away...

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

10 comments:

  1. for me it's just the pleasure of seeing the birds that's uplifting let alone being able to photograph them. In fact Ive given that up as my equipment is not really upto it. Hoowever I wish it was and that I had it with me as the other day I was cycling up a trail and spotted a Ring Ouzel. [https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/ring-ouzel/] I watched it for a while and am certain it was one, came home and checked books and the web, but I dont think anyone believes me. It may have been a leucistic blackbird but the bib marking was definite. I have been back to the area but no luck. They winter in France and Spain so it could have been migrating. But had I photographed it it would have been more credible.
    Locally the Covid cases are going through the roof and its now at the stage where the hospitals are at capacity. Not good. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave..what a great bird the Ouzel is, I have seen it on other people's blogs, have the Dipper which I think is related to the Water Ouzel...Splendid bird for your life list!!
      I don't get too worried about my bird photos since it's hit or miss every now and then I get a good shot but it's not my prime reason, just making that split second connection is more important to me,,,and it helps to have proof,,,lol
      Oh yes we had our worst day of cases today, so said the news and where is our fearless leader...UNSEEN and only tweeting "I won... wawawa"
      Biggest Horse's Ass ever.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Sondra
    You do have some great yard birds. I love your sweet Floss. I love both the cute Nuthatches, I miss my Pine Warbler. The Kinglets are so cute. I enjoyed your birds and photos. Take care, stay safe! Have a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eileen, I had some goldfinch in the yard for ONE day then they split,,,hope they aren't too far away,,,and when another cold snap hits they will return. You also have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love those moments when you just don't know where to look you're surrounded by so many different birds especially when there's no one else around! Plus you saw such cracking birds. A plane these days is a rare sight here and I live near an airport! Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Pam, it was a smorgasbord of birds for me to find that day. I totally enjoyed it. Lately planes have been over my house but wayyyy up high I had this shot fully zoomed in.

      Delete
  4. I love your pictures of so many birds, and OK even the squirrel was adorable. My favorites are the little guys and their little beaks all puffed up against the cold.
    Your little garden is doing great too. Never did get to plant a winter garden here, my Rosemary is doing good out there as long as I cover it up at night agains the freezing cold temps we are having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I used to have a huge Rosemary plant but one winter it up and died on me and I have yet to replant. Today we have rain AGAIN...it rains about every 3 days here in this new World Climate. Have a great Sunday.

      Delete
  5. Flossie is looking gorgeous in the sunshine. Ralph gets that same brown necklace like hers. Love all the birds but especially envious of the Brown-headed Nuthatch at your feeder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jen, Ralph and Flossie seem to have some of the same bloodline, she is so lame these days she slipped on the wood floor and disturbed her old acl injury, they are approaching 13 now. Yes we have the BHNU year round they are full of personality.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!