Friday, September 25, 2020

A Time For Every Season

And this one happens to be FALL...
Well I guess you see I did not get a blog together for my 6 am posting plan...so this is late but as the old saying goes better late than never? 
 



This long tailed skipper is missing part of his tail looks like he had a tough summer!  Still he has not given up he is making do.  That is what I am the Queen of make do...


The American Beauty bushes have their fall berries, and it's cooled considerable and so fall is official here..





A Painted Lady graced my path this week...the Golden Rod is at peak now along with the other field wild flowers...









Brown headed nuthatch are plentiful at the feeders right now...











I've been very busy with some personal business this week...so can't say I've been very present in my own small world, sometimes you are forced out of it... and I've started trying to make my van look a little bit better, right now it looks like a tired old has been but I hope my improvements will make it look more like a badass adventure mobile...lol so we'll see. 



Yes it's time for ripe persimmon and the deer have been in the field looking for it...


Still hanging in there! This was the last one I saw I think they are gone for the season now..


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

12 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Cool sighting of the Long-tailed Skipper. The beautyberries are so pretty, I like their color. I wish I saw the Brown-headed Nuthatch here, I would have to go to Eastern Maryland to see them. Cute doggie! I still have hummers here today, so some may still be on the way south. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I hope a stray hummer will visit I think the rain sent them away! And the sudden drop in tempts didn't help them. That's my Annie asking for a little doggie love...Have a great Saturday!

      Delete
  2. I have never seen a long tailed Skipper or did I know they exsisted pretty cool. The brown headed nuthach is gorgeous and so is the Painted Lady but out the wild flowers are so beautiful. I'm happy your weather has cooled down it was 103 here today.
    Can't wait to see what you are doing to the van, I thought she looked pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, it's just simple things Im trying to improve on the van all cosmetic! The LT Skipper seems to only be around in the fall here I saw one last too about this time of year. I hope you get a well deserved cool down soon. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Persimmons are not a common fruit here but I like them. There are still a few butterflies around but although its sunny and fine the temperatures have dropped here, so I expect they will soon disappear. There are more local lock downs in Wales now, and our county is due to be reviewed on Thursday but I suspect we will be locked down for another week at least. What have you done to the van? All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave it's all cosmetic work Im in the process of doing and I'm recording it for youtube uploads...SIMPLE things that just requires a lot of elbow grease...I will take photos and such when Im done. Sorry about the lock down NO way they are locking things down here they are opening up more and more now Football games with 12,000 fans being allowed. Money takes precedence over the health and well being of people? Hope you have lots of things to keep you busy at home. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Your Hummingbirds have all left for Florida I guess. We’ve been busy with personal business too (otherwise known as medical appointments for us people of certain age). So far, so good. Those beauty berry are wonderful.. don’t remember ever seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, yep my birds flew the coop...some stragglers from farther north may stop for a day but the ones living here are MIA. I haven't seen a Dr in 5 yrs! But I did see a Nurse to get a refill on some meds about a yr ago. I hope the fire and smoke is gone from your area.

      Delete
  5. It always amazes me how butterflies and moths can fly with so little wings left, there's lots of well worn ones around at the end of summer and they're still fluttering about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pam Some of them have had a tough time and such a short life anyways but they don't give up...This time of year they put the dazzle in the razzle!

      Delete
  6. A Happy Dog, Nothing Better - Big Hugs

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Travis, Annie is always with me, she took over being my shadow after Casey passed in April...she is a super sweetie!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!