Friday, September 18, 2020

Now and Then

 Blogger?? so on the new one how can I set my font so it stays to the one I want and the size I want? Anyone know? And I can't drag and drop photos in the new blogger..there's sliders all over I want only ONE slider or scroll bar...all that that makes it undesirable. So I switched back to legacy in order to make a post. I have a long list of dislikes.  But what's the use? 

Another slow week up to now...

ever get the feeling you're just tracks in the sand?




I took a walk this morning, but with the humidity up again due to the storms in the gulf... my lens was foggy, so I had to edit these photos to get any saturation to show up.


lots of beautiful butterflies finding the fall flowers that line the dirt road, I really enjoyed watching them, mostly they were Little Yellow, and Southern Dogface, Cloudless Sulfur, Buck Eye, and Gulf Fritillary.











The Golden rod is nice right now and many other flowers that I don't know the name of but it's so colorful along with various sedge and grasses.   








The blue herons were at the vernal pool it's sort of low right now but I guess that's how they like it...too far for a decent look but I was happy to see them. 











 Another wonderful thing about this time of year is all the seed heads ready for birds to eat and to reseed the area for next year. Like this tall dandelion...

More seed heads....




The American Crow is out every morning patrolling the area, making sure no hawks are around, these 3 chased away a Red Shouldered Hawk over by the tree line just after this shot was taken...


Still the fires burn, and here we have yet another hurricane breezing through giving us gallons of fresh water...2-5 inches of rain expected today and tomorrow...  



OH I dragged this photo in! Hello. 

I could not sleep last night...no matter how tired my eyes got they would not stay closed...so I brought out one of my old journals written during the Months of July- Sept of 2017.  Roughly 3 yrs ago...My Mom and I were staying at my little sis's empty house  in CO; she had not yet retired and the house sat empty so we enjoyed that time there together before I returned to SC and Mom stayed there with my big sis. 


My favorite tree on the Hill


Photo below taken on 9/6/2017 we were driving up to Maroon Bells, you can drive your own car up if you go after 5 or 6 pm and we had Mom who had be on Oxygen so this was taken on way into the Maroon Bells Wilderness...I looked up some photos of the space and time my journal covered and these are some of the events I had written about.

The Bells in the distance behind the smokey haze being blown in on the winds.


... fire seems to be a regular occurrence about this time of year, this was taken on Sept 7, 2017  Below, from the house on the hill, The setting sun with a smokey haze around it..

 
You can barely see the Hogbacks  on the horizon line 

So I looked for the 17th of Sept 2017, which is today I am wrapping up this post and getting it ready to post tomorrow and this is where I was  on the 17th, 3 yrs ago... Monument Rocks Kansas!




Earth, Wind, or Fire! 

Then on exactly 3 yrs ago today I was at Cheyenne Bottoms NWR in Great Bend Kansas...taking a  photo of this Peregrine Falcon. 9/18/2020  



One more week in September remains! Can you like get your head around that? I almost can not, time is slipping away. 


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

17 comments:

  1. Way Cool Throw Back Shots - Will Have To Investigate The New Look - Somehow I Clicked On My Photo And A Menu Dropped Down - Only Worked For Two Of My Photos - Its Going To Be A Real Learning Curve So I Guess I Will Be Stimulating Both Hemispheres Of My Poor Brain - But Together, We Will Prevail - Stay Strong

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Travis, I got completely lost with it yesterday while to schedule my post...even the little icons are different. I'm not an APP type person I like the old school stuff. I tried to do upload image didn't work, then I dragged one into the upload image thing and it worked. So I guess we just do anything that works...It's like driving a new car you can't even turn on the radio.

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    I love all the butterflies and flowers! Awesome scenic shots and the Peregrine Falcon shot is beautiful. I would love to see the Maroon Bells Wilderness area. Beautiful scene with your favorite tree and the arch is cool. I have been trying the new blogger too, the font and spacing drives me crazy. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, thank you! The MB Wilderness is awesome the world haft discovered it now so go in the afternoon less crowds...while we were there a big moose trotted right past visitors and pushed his way to the water..lol
      Oh yes the font and spacing is all over the place it's like a free for all.

      Delete
  3. I had the same problem with size of font on the old version and its still a problem on the new on. Its very annoying.
    You did a fantastic job fixing your photos. The butterflies are so pretty and all the wild flowers new and old. Hope you dry out and have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jo, its quite chilly this morning as Sally leaves and a cold front comes in tomorrow they say sunshine! The font thing make me crazy...I know there is a way to fix it using HTML but I can't remember the whole process..
      Have a good weekend yourself!

      Delete
  4. Yes the year is slipping away. Like for many its been a very frustrating year and whilst jobs have been done at home there are no exciting memories to look back on. I'm afraid we will all remember 2020 for one reason only.
    Good photos Sondra, and the van looks good in the natural arch.
    We have just returned from a couple of days away as the sites are fully booked with only a few vacancies, but still better than nothing. We returned to a local county lockdown so no more outings and no seeing my cycling friends who live outside the county. Solo rides for me for the forseeable future. As Monty Python sang "Always look on the bright side of life" All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dave! SO glad you were able to get away...hopefully with the cooler weather I will get to take some day trips at least..when it's hot the entire region is hot I'd have to drive 100's of miles to get out of the heat but now it's changing into fall. I heard about the spike in cases in Europe. So sorry it does not seem to be going away. Will the Brits have a mask ordinance now?..it seems to be the only answer but I wore a mask and still got it....so there is no 100% fix...and I don't think I trust this vaccine that so many companies are all coming up with something different!! The have nothing to cure the flu virus and they been trying on that for decades soo...Anyways I am looking for the bright side it's getting tougher to find now Justice Ginsburg has passed the political storm is about to blow UP. Check into What Else is Possible on my Blog roll he is also a solo rider with similar challenges.

      Delete
  5. Jeanie at The Marmalade Gypsy Blog has a very helpful post about the new blogger issues which you may find helpful.
    https://themarmeladegypsy.blogspot.com/2020/09/i-asked-you-answered-blogger-survey.html

    I enjoyed your photographs here today, lovely to see.

    Take care, my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan...I am going to check that out...I'm sure in time we will all assimilate and learn the new ropes...it's like the first time you try Brussel Sprouts...not sure but in the end it's not so bad.

      Delete
    2. I did check out this well done "forum" about Blogger, It seems we are all having the same issues across the board. The one of the "redirect page" if very annoying, I did find if you right click on the blog in your reading list and select open link in new tab it goes straight to the blog but even that is not user friendly. I was finally able to drag and drop my photos and find the size icon..as for the font, I think that is going to be a mystery forever.

      Delete
  6. Love the butterflies and the seed pods ... hate that you can’t sleep, I’ve been having that trouble too (we might both ail with the same thing here ... just too much awfulness going around)... although you also have the after effects of being actually sick with one of the awful. ...... I enjoyed your memories too; you made much better use of those long insomniac hours than I ever do. ... I might steal your idea of posting about where you were on the same day or week in years past. I am for sure gonna run out of new things to blog about if this crapola continues. .... take care of yourself and try to get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, there is way too much going on in the world it def robs me of my sleep. It seems there's way too much bad and not enough good to go around, we need some real life super heroes! I hope you got some clear air by this time...

      Delete
  7. Time does seem to be going quickly all of a sudden, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.....closer to some kind of vaccine for Covid-19 if nothing else... The butterfly photos are lovely and what a stunning photo of the Peregrine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, it seems one day is Monday and the next is Friday! There has been a lot of butterflies here this fall...so nice to see them Hope you have a good week!

      Delete
  8. Lovely butterflies for sure! I've been trying to get used to the blogger changes myself and it seems like it keeps changing even since the big change. My issues are mainly with weird spaces where I don't want spaces but I'm trying to breathe and let it go. Hope your weather wasn't/isn't too crazy and you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jen, yep gotta make friends with the new format now for sure, I think they ironed out some bugs with the photos...but the spacing is def still an issue. We have had so many butterflies. Now the weather has changed so I hope to get back to doing some close by day trips!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!