Friday, August 28, 2020

Last Try


Been hearing a lot of bad things about Blogger lately hope it doesn't begin to give us issues we have enough going on in the world right now to keep us irritated without adding Blog Anxiety to the mix.  I can't barely go near Facebook right now...It's so toxic Id have to unfriend all 29 on my list to not see a political meme, including ME! It's so hard when you  want peace and balance to see our system being abused and misused in the way it currently is, it makes me crazy. I have a feeling this year is going to get much worse before it's all said and done.   

Notice second set of numbers.. 75F with humidity @ 95% and it was not raining when I snapped this shot...with all the tropical unrest going on, the unbearable gulf of Mexico air is being pumped up here by the truckloads as these fronts all 3 of them come in at once..ugh..you literally sweat just standing in one spot.

My left foot still has a redness and some bruising this happened when I was sick with the virus...and it has not completely gone away...it hurts at night more so than when I'm up walking on it..it's not in the joint of the toe its on the side of and the tip of the toe, and the bruise that keeps recurring is on the top of my instep it's so strange...it makes me think  the 'Return of the Jedi'? No please...


female Ruby Throated Hummingbird's are always a blur!

Alberta Peach 
Moving  forward I purchased some Fruit Trees I'm trying for the last time to plant an "orchard" here...I have done this before but honestly you saw how many deer call my little place home...I love them and would never do anything to deter them coming by but I do wish they would stop attacking the trees I plant!  So this time I'm planting the trees in the YARD close to the house...and not out on the acreage ...hopefully even tho they do come in the yard sometimes, Maybe between me and the girls we can keep them from destroying the trees,  they normally do their damage at night! The antler scraping is the trouble. So I will attempt to put guards on the trunks or some caging around the tree so they can't get to the trunk..




I got Peach, Apple, Pear, and Fig Trees...I have one Kieffer Pear that has survived Mom and I planted those only one survived the deer assault....but is not making any fruit because it needs a buddy to get pollination so this new Asian Pear will hopefully do that trick...don't think I got a shot of the Asian Pear...oh well...The Peach is the only one I got in the ground so far...Maybe one per day....Im trying to chart the sunlight they all need 6 hrs of direct sun...


Northern Cardinal



This tomato is one of the heirlooms I grew OMG it tastes like Sunlight so delicious I made myself a tomato sandwich for lunch...And have enough for another one for tomorrow's lunch! Simple things to look forward to..

Carolina Chickadee

Two Brown Headed Nuthatches enjoy some black oil sunflower seed they snagged off the feeder...
One was really hammering that seed open!
...one House Finch in my yard flock has the  conjunctivitis...I won't say whether I caught her or not I will  leave that for you figure out for  yourself, because I saw some people go bat shitz crazy when a lady helped a robin survive...and posted on a Facebook Bird Group page. 
But in the meanwhile I cleaned all my feeders and watering areas with a bleach solution...


In other News Jimmy was taken to Denver on Wednesday, his Surgery was Thursday, my last report was he was very out of it due to the anesthesia, but the vet said he did really well during the surgery, and tomorrow he goes back for a check before  the 3+ hr drive to home.  He has to stay quiet for 5 days and follow up with a local vet...so it's the first big step to a lengthy process to a better life.  I will put an update in the comments section on Friday after I get word on what the Surgical Vet had to say.  The will measure his ocular pressure etc. They shaved his face! And he has to wear this cone for quite some time so he won't try to scratch his face...Hopefully his next photo he will be his old happy self. đź’“đź’“
And:

I'd like to point you to something new I added This week to my Right Side Bar, It's đź’ťCasey's Find a Grave Memorial Page, please stop by and maybe leave him a flower...I just found out thanks to my sis how to create this memorial page and if you want to do one for your pet and can't figure it out send me a message and I will help you if I can. And this shout out: The day after I created that Memorial my friend ((Jen)) (I Used to Hate Birds)  posted about the loss of her little buddy Jakeđź’•, so sorry Jen, I know how much you loved him and all the fun you had together are memories  you will forever cherish..




PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

10 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I hope all your fruit trees do well, it will be great to go out and pick your own fresh fruits. I wish I had the Brown-headed Nuthatches here, they are so cute. We may see the Red-breasted Nuthatch every couple of years. I hope your foot feels better. The hot and humid weather makes me want to stay inside. I have to keep clicking on the I am not a robot button again. What is with blogger? Take care! Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen...I really don't see any reason's for the new development to Blogger, it's fine the way it is...I think once they get in there and start playing with the HTML of the program it develops bugs! It is very hot and humid and we expect winds in excess of 20 mph tomorrow due to Laura.

      Delete
  2. I sure hope the deer leave the trees alone so they can take off and grow some great fruits for you. The little birds trying to break open the sunflower seeds are just to cute. But OH that tomatoes sandwich is making me drool. Poor Jim looks exhausted and I do wish the best results for him. Hope you foot heals up soon. Try and stay cool with the humidity so high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo the humidity this year has been horrible. Our temperatures never got that high but the humidity is unbearable, it's like standing over a pot of boiling water. If the trees are destroyed this time I give up!! Im gonna do my best to defend them!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the fruit trees, with all those deer maybe you'll have to construct a barrier to protect them.
    Good news about Jimmy, they get used to those cones and I think i causes the owner more problems than it does the dog.
    Your tomatoes do look good and those beef tomatoes when they are ripe are delicious. I would have tomato sandwiches too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Dave, so far Jimmy is doing good the drops on the eyes is a challenge but it's getting done. There has been one thing tho he has to go back to Denver for his check ups..thats 3 hrs one way...so it's going to be a lot of work on the humans. I hope since I planted them in the yard this time I will be able to better defend the trees against critter attacks..
      Im enjoying a second tomato now and it is just as delicious!
      Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Facebook is a bit of a nightmare at times isn't it! Good luck with the fruit trees, hopefully they'll do better in the yard. I would love to see a Hummingbird, I can't imagine the joy of having them visit your garden!

    I hope Jimmy is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam...I check Facebook when Im really bored...and it's entertaining for about 10 mins lol...then it gets ugly. I am pretty good at throwing the first punch myself. I have 4 hummers at my feeder currently so 2 are this years nestlings I presume. It is a real treat to watch them. So far so good Jimmy has a recheck tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. Our next door neighbor when we lived on the Lake had a motion detector light and sprinkler system to keep the deer out of his fruit trees.., it seemed to work for him, but I don’t know how much trauma it caused the deer, we had raised flower and herb beds there and the deer would walk on them, every morning their footprints would be in the soil. I only wish I’d had a trail cam. I would rather have seen the deer jumping up into those beds than have fresh rosemary))). I hope Jimmys recovery keeps going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie, thank you! Tomorrow Jimmy goes for his first recheck he is being more tolerant of the eye drops so that helps with his recovery. I think a sprinkler system and movement light is out of budget So Im going with some caution tape as a scare crow they already ate some leaves off the Apples! Deer can jump and climb amazingly...lol those photos would of been good tho..

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!