Friday, August 7, 2020

Who Knows?

I accidentally hit the publish on a post that is not completed and not ready to be published...so forgive all that. I was trying to type up a post Im very passionate about but I can't get it the way I want it to be. and Ive been too sick to try.  So maybe when Im well.  There's not much you can do when you're just hanging out...


waiting...to be you again. 


Since  27th of July I have been pretty much in bed or watching the world from my couch in between naps and bouts of fever.  I don't know but you tell me, there is  an out of control pandemic sweeping across the Country and I suddenly became ill with most of the symptoms..,so I just put 1 + 1 together.  So I have had no test to confirm it for a couple reasons...one: Im too sick to go wait in line to be tested...two: what difference does it make? Im still sick there is no cure.  No matter what it is I have to deal with it either way. 


AS long as I can treat and manage the symptoms Im having, that  is all one can do...according to health.net you should only go to your doctor if you consider yourself to be at risk or have a severe case.  I did not call a dr. I have not been off my place since I got sick that Monday at first I thought I had heat stress...and probably did..but then I did not recover. 


 In the beginning I was having  fevers come and go...a few hours a day I could sit up or stir around the house and do the little things I need to do, but then the fever and the headaches come back and I'd have to lay down and nights brings on more fever chills and night sweats so I was not resting well at all.

So my head got so hot...I put ice packs all over it, and it throbbed with each heartbeat, my pulse was high, my Blood pressure Low, I was completely dehydrated, I had muscle aches and joint pain, my vision was blurred, nausea, stomach issues, nose bleed, fever blisters on my lower lip, lost the rest of my sense of taste, mostly gone thanks to the dentist, the fever range was from 98.8 to 102. My normal temp is 97.7...a little below most people's norm. 


Then about 4 days ago these Splotches broke out on my entire body...pretty much all over not thick but everywhere.  They don't itch or have any eruptions...20% of Covid infected have skin blotches, and now I have what they refer to as Covid Toe, if you google it you will be surprised.  It's swelling of the feet and toes caused by the inflammation of blood vessels and possible tiny clots.  Even the bottom of my feet are affected, makes walking very difficult, and the blotches are now on my face too.  And I read it can affect the hands too so far my hands are ok.  When I began to move around a little more after putting ice packs on my feet, the swelling went down and the pain right now is not too bad in my feet. I had no breathing issues at all except I would get exhausted very quick and that would increase my respiratory. 

If it's not Covid then there's an another virus in town!! Because I've never had anything like this in my life.  I just want to get better and go on with life as best I am able.  Our state has had about 92,000 cases since March, 17% of people tested are positive.   I have been following the guidelines, so go figure.  The mask may slow it but its not gonna stop it 100% I was being very diligent but seems I got it anyways Like I say without a test I don't know but at this time It's more important I stay in, take care of myself and just try to get better, and  I don't want to pass on whatever it is I have to anyone else...And I hear it takes a week to get the results of a test. 
I hope to be well in a week. 


This raccoon and his mom were in the yard before I got sick...


I do not even have a primary care doctor..I always concentrated on Mom's health not on mine because I don't trust internal medicine pretty much witch doctors, case in point this virus! Internal medicine is like  playing a  guessing games, "lets try this"...anyway I the list of symptoms I did have are a page long! But not all happened at one time, and honestly I feel like a patient on the tv show HOUSE where there is a new symptom every hour.  Now that clots possibly developing in my feet, ?? WHO KNOWS? I can say at the time Im typing this I feel better, I am not going to jump right back into my routine when I begin to feel better, as I  read one lady relapsed on day 12, that is today for me.  I feel better today except for minor residual symptoms, than I have in 12 days. 

I plan to stay quarantined for as long I have to,  I wont be doing anything till I'm well, and honestly I can't do anything.  My strength is completely depleted. I will have to rehab myself and be very aware of how I feel when say a fever is starting to rise...being on top of the symptoms helps a lot.

A couple days have been better than others I sat up most the day read blogs, even made some posts for Writtin's...then there's those days when the head is just pounding so much you can't concentrate...I've been craving water melon, I have a water melon growing in my garden it had 2 melons so far very small...I hope I can get out to snap a photo before this posts on Friday but that may not happen since the covid-foot thing means I can barely put weight on my feet!!  I have no clue if the melons will actually mature, critters, and the heat may get it BUT I hope not.  

At least I have the dogwood tree to watch thru the window all sorts of birds move in and out of it all day long, and the hummingbird feeder hangs there so I still have my connection to the outside world I love..It took all the strength I could muster but I have dragged myself out to refill the feeders and then collapsed on the couch the rest of the day.



Im sure I will have some kind of post next week..hopefully announcing a full recovery.  I have not had a high fever for 2 full days now so I hope that means Im on the upside of getting better.

All this is my body's immune system's reaction to the viral invasion.  MY biggest fear is now it's IN ME does this mean it will flare up at will??? Re-activate? SO Far there is no data  of the post covid person and how it will affect your life moving forward.  Most virus's once you get one its for life.  How bad is the "outbreak" each time?  I don't think I could go thru this or want to go thru this again.  I read you must avoid people for at least 14 days AFTER your symptoms disappear. 


So now it's a wait and see how it will take me to get the rest of these symptoms under control and to able to start moving around more and developing strength again.  One thing was not mentioned on is how it affects your nervous system.  What I mean is like when I pick up an object and using fine motor skills there is a slight tremor, and a reluctance of that muscle to work...you get jitters like too much caffeine. 

So for anyone who says this is a hoax, I hope karma doesn't decide to show  you how wrong you are.  Im not out of the woods yet I have no idea whats next as far as how this virus will continue to wreck havoc on my system.  I am no spring chicken, Ive been very stressed and down and out since the death of my Mom followed closely by Casey's death and  those emotional stresses have left me in weaker state to handle something like this.
I do think I will recover but I also think I have a  ways to go...it's day by day.


EDIT: This article to me provides the best information on testing, contagion, and seems the most accurate based on what I now know I would recommend reading it and it gives a better understanding of how a healthy adult should can transmit or contract the virus and other important facts about it.

Meanwhile the weather continues to be the worst summer in history! Humidity has not been below 60% in weeks, heat indexes are over 100 every single day and we had a tropical storm on top of all that it rained buckets...

Hope things are going better in your world. 




PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

15 comments:

  1. Hello Sondra,
    I am so sorry you have this virus. All the symptoms sounds very scary to me. I can not imagine going through all this alone, is someone nearby to look in on you, do your shopping? I can't believe people were actually saying this virus was a hoax. It is good that your fever is going away, I hope you are better soon. The squirrel hanging in there and the raccoon are cute photos. Sending prayers and well wishes. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen for your well thoughts and your visits to my blog...one good thing is about 2 weeks ago I went on a pantry stocking binge and good thing...the one thing I did not stock up on was dry dog food my son dropped off a bag for me, and my sister's mail me care packages, but I don't want anyone to actually come inside my house..so Im going it alone. I can and am taking care of myself just the extra stuff like keep up the yard will have to be done when Im well....it's been too rainy to do it even if I wasn't sick this week so far, so we'll see. I am up out of bed and puttering around slowly getting things done and taking my vitamins, and staying well hydrated. I wasn't sure but when the issue with my feet happened that pretty much sealed the deal when I googled that and found it a symptom of covid, I accepted it. I cant think of anyone I had close contact with either, and I always wear a mask use hand sanitizer when I have to go into a store..so all the precautions in the world is not a 100% safeguard. So thanks to the ones who don't wear masks they put all of us at risk.

      Delete
  2. My Gosh, Had No Idea - Please Take Care Of Yourself - Eat Healthier Than You Ever Have Before As Your Immune System Will Love You For It - Lets Not Put The Cart Before The Horse And Consider The Re-Active And So On - Do You Now And Stay Strong - Wish I Lived Near By To Help Out - Stay Strong & Keep Me Posted - Sending Positive Vibes

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Travis, I am trying to do all the above, I eat a vegetarian diet, but Im out of produce of course that's the kind of thing I buy weekly normally so Im making do with a few things from my garden for fresh good and dipping into the pantry to make up the difference. It's been very trying on the mental for sure.

      Delete
  3. Well this sure has not been good for you. Do you think it was from the dentist? How long ago did you see that fool? I wish I was closer I would bring you your groceries at least at the door. As you mentioned in the e mail your doing all you can and I udnerstand there isn't much more any Dr. could give you. I sure hope you are at the climbing up point and the fever stays away. Just keep doing what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, my son is now in Mom's house so he is next door he brought me the things I needed and asked for but I don't want him to get the virus I had him leave the things on the porch..as far as food I have plenty! I did a doomsday shopping trip about 2 weeks before I got sick and I ran out of fresh produce but I think that is something only I can pick for myself Im very picky about that kind of thing but I have potato, tomato, still and my garden had a few things coming in...so I been creeping out between rains to get fresh basil and pepper, and asparagus it keeps putting out a few stalks here and there.. NOPE the dentist was over a month ago so I didn't pick it up there!

      Delete
  4. As you say Sondra there are so many viruses out there, it could be anything, and it may be be a reaction to something in food or even something picked up by brushing against foliage, who knows. Testing is the only answer and if you have to wait a week for the results so by then you will be on the mend. A friend had it and she was totally wiped out for two weeks. If your breathing or chest gets worse then thats the time to seek professional advice and help.
    Keep you vitamins and protein intake high as your body will be working hard to overcome whatever it is.
    All the best and take care and dont let it get out of hand before seeking help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave thanks...yes it's almost 2 weeks now since I got sick (in 2 days)I had been out working in the heat so at first I thought I had heat stress, but normally that will improve in 24 hrs and I thought I had become extremely dehydrated, because of all the sweating out in the humidity. But I had a fever spikes for 10 days straight. Im a pretty strong person I don't know what it would take to completely wipe me out, but this one came close a couple times..once my feet flared up and the blotches appeared Im pretty convinced it's Covid-19 as that's the only thing that popped up when I googled that, it said that in 20% of the people who have covid get that condition of the blotches on skin and the inflamed feet...its a strong immune system reaction..so my immune system did that to try and kill the virus. I still can barely putter around in the house and when I over putter my head begins to hurt...yesterday my vision was affected and I couldn't see well. I have a pair of reading glasses and I had to use those my prescription glasses were not helping me to read. I had some coughing one day after about 5 days in, but my ability to breath was not affected. I don't think the testing is accurate either I've heard so many reports from the local news they go down that long line of cars and the interview people..many say they got a negative test one day and so they came back and got a positive test on the next test! it used to take 3 days to get the result now it's much longer due to the high volume of tests going to the handfull of test labs. I haven't worn real clothes or shoes in a fortnight as you say. Take care and thank you for your donation to help Jimmy!!! You have a good heart.

      Delete
  5. Oh my lord Sondra. of course I never believed Covid was a hoax but it sounds even worse when somebody you know has it (and I feel like we are friends even if ever in person) ...I am so worried about you having to go through this alone (even though if I don’t feel well I don’t want to see or speak to anybody else) but I wish I was close enough to bring you soup and Kleenex, or whatever you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, today is day 16 for me so Im much better, in fact today I plan a small trip out I've had no fever for 5 days I will suit up and go take care of some things that I have to do. according to what I read I should not be contagious at this point...I appreciate your kindness and I know your soup would be awesome!! Today the USA has 5 million cases since March but how many others like me were unable to go be tested? Put me on the recovered list! I did some research and honestly eventually everyone will be exposed whether they get sick on or not depends on how their body reacts to the virus. At the current rate 22,000 new cases per day in the USA...

      Delete
  6. Oh Sondra, this all sounds awful, I hope you are starting to feel a little better? The way it affects people is so different and difficult to predict. I'm sending lots of good wishes your way. I can see your son is nearby if you need him, that must be a comfort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pam, I am feeling much better this week, now 17 days past the initial day when the fever hit me...I plan to slowly resume some normal activity too hot to be outside much but there is plenty to keep me busy inside since my energy level is still low. Yes my son is close by he works midnight to 8 am so he is going to bed when I get up so I don't bother him too much because of that schedule, but he has offered to help me if i need it...and he took care of getting the big bag of kibble for the dogs I made my first little trip for some supplies yesterday and it was hard to be around people again especially the ones without a mask I gave them a wide berth and the whole thing took me about 1 1/2 hr that includes the driving. I was exhausted when I got back. At least now I have some fruit and bread I was on my last bit of that. It does affect everyone in a different way one Article I read said it depends on your immune system as to the symptoms you will get. Thank you for your well wishes much appreciated. Since the numbers just keeping going up I do think anyone who is not immune in some way will get the virus some it will not affect much, 1.4% mortality rate. It is only logical since 1 case in March in the US now 1/2 million cases 5 months later, and the rate of infection seems to be increasing.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear it. It sounds like doing little things here and there is the way to go if they are exhausting you so much, it may take a while to recover fully especially with the heat!

      Delete
  7. So very sorry to read this, but it is good that your fever seems to be going away; I do hope you are better soon.

    I think the photograph of the squirrel hanging in there and the raccoon are really good, I enjoyed seeing them.

    Please take care, sending my good wishes and healing thoughts across the miles.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jan, thanks, Im on the road to recovery it's just one day at a time to get back to square one...the raccoon and his mom showed up to raid the feeders...but they moved on and didn't stay so I was happy since they can be quite a handful!!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!