Friday, August 21, 2020

Goldenrod Says Fall

Canada has not opened the border and I don't think it will open this  year.  If you have any knowledge of sustainable living I suggest you put a plan together.

still trying to learn how to make a good biscuit. I put too much soda in these but other than that okay..

I
edible? Maybe...


This blog is supposed to be about my life my art my journey and lately my journey has come to a halt my life  has changed, and my art is not  happening, and my attention is scattered in many directions. My view into nature is mainly on my little acreage here...what comes to me is what I'm sharing.  This is always a sign of fall to me, the Goldenrod is blooming...



and big swallowtails are trying out their newly opened wings..

eastern tiger swallowtail

The weather has been better for 2 days this morning I got up and it was 69 degrees F. With 83% humidity must not leave that out but compared to what I been getting up to 78F with 83% humidity much better...I actually took my longest walk in 4 weeks on Monday...And it was not easy.  BUT I did it and I feel a little better mentally.

I read herd immunity is getting close in India...in order to have herd immunity 2/3 the population has  been exposed to and lived thru the virus...some researchers say it could be lowered to 50% or 1/2. The population of the planet is 7.8 Billion sooooo 
We have a long way to go. Globally currently we have had 21,915,143 cases, with only  14.5 million recovered.  In the US population is 332 Million give or take a few...in the USA nearly 3 million recovered...this is a good site for the numbers..

Birds in the yard are going through a molt and some look really weird. They are very busy at the feeders and the birdbath and in the grass gobbling up insects...with very few exceptions none of the birds Im seeing in my yard will leave.  They will  soon be joined by some visitors and there will be more competition.

Once again there's deer in the field I put some corn out for them and 7 showed up to eat it including the fawn, this group had a couple doe's a couple young bucks in velvet and the fawn he is so adorable..



These photos are taken thru the glass door and the storm door so a bit distorted but if I open the door they run away in a flash...

Here is a video that brings them to life...

the deer family
press play in the middle of the video

I took one short walk in my attempt to gain back some stamina at Goodale, saw the Great Blue Heron sitting in the flat top tree...it's good to see him 



One of my toes still has a red spot on it, I hope once that is fully gone I will begin to feel much better...I have been doing a little seed planting in garden pots thinking some fresh lettuce and carrot will taste nice and I plan to look for other fall loving food plants to get in the dirt...

Next week on Thursday Jimmy will be having his eye surgery to correct blindness due to cataracts...so many thanks to those of you who helped by donating to his go fund me page, it is so appreciated...and a huge help.  Due to the fires in the area they will have to make a LONG 3 hr detour to get to Denver...I hope all of you will be keeping Jimmy in your hearts and thoughts. And I will let you know how he is doing in my next post. 




Jimmy enjoys the spray from one of the waterfall hikes we did...

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    It is good you are getting out for the walks. Even if you go slow, you are getting out there and moving. I love seeing the deer, they are so cute. It is hard to believe hunting season will be starting here in Sept, our deer have to run and hide. Great capture of the Heron.. Sending prayers for Jimmy. Have a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Hunting Season begins here Oct 30 I think I don't like it...I hope the deer will stay on my land it's safe here but I have no way of letting them know that, We have rain today...we have rain everyday but today it was already at it when I woke up. Bummer we don't need it right now.

      Delete
  2. Yo Go Jimmy, You Go - Pleased You were Out And About - Ease Into It And Feel Alive - Enjoy Your Weekend

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Travis, thanks so much Jimmy has a whole slew of cheerleaders and I'm so excited to know what his reaction will be to regaining his sight!!

      Delete
  3. Hope Jimmy's surgery goes well and he can see much better.

    Good to hear you are feeling better and able to get out and do some walking. I wish I had deer in my yard to watch. I wish I had a better yard. Been trying to get pots ready to do small plantings for the winter. It is still so nasty hot here. But we did have that rain yesterday.Continue to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo we have had a lot of rain which means humidity! I look forward to drier weather but it won't come till Spring! I am currently looking for some fruit trees to plant this time I will plant in the yard area to keep the deer from destroying them like they did the last time ONE Kieffer pear survived but it's buddy died so they need a buddy to set to fruit. Hope you get success with your patio garden. Got my fingers crossed for Jimmy I think he will come through with flying colors!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you've been able to get out for a walk, it sounds like you'll need to build yourself up to strength again. I think i've missed your post about Jimmy (I took a week off and rarely looked at the internet so i'm behind!) I hope the operation goes well and he's much improved afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam...I am very hopeful that Jimmy will do well and his life will be greatly improved. If the rain would go away I think my recovery could amp up a little I have not been able to take a walk in 4 days but did get in some garden work yesterday for an hour so that helped a little. we have 2 storms in the Gulf of Mexico influencing our weather at the present..so all clouds and drizzle.

      Delete
  5. All the best to Jimmy.
    Yes I think the last 2 weeks of August is the beginning of Autumn as for us the overall temperatures start to drop especially in the evenings.
    You will have to post your biscuit recipe.
    I have read that it will take 2 years for this virus to become "controlled" as the Spanish Flu pandemic in 1918 lasted 2 years. India doesnt really have much choice other than herd immunity because people live so close together and its the same in Brazil with the Flavellas. I also think the vaccine is still a long way off. We have booked in for an early flu jab this year as we will be in a mess if there is a flu epidemic as well as Covid.
    Nice pictures of the grazing deer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dave! You are right the 1918 Pandemic did take 2 yrs to finally reach herd immunity, and with the plans to make children go back to school I think the virus will really pick up now less people are dying as I think the most susceptible are finally being more protected. NOW Trump is demanding the FDA approve "something" anything so he can claim some sort of victory, the plasma treatment is only effective to ones who have the virus and only 35% saw a quicker recovery. This does not stop the infections which to me is the more important aspect. However I believe we passed that threshold back in Jan, when it was not contained in China. A twindemic is very possible, and there is no cure for either. The flu vaccine's have done very little last year 35.5 million people had the flu, and nearly 35, 000 deaths. We actually have a Pandemic every single flu season! In 2017 80,000 died of flu in the USA. It just didn't make the news!

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you’re doing a little bit better and am in awe of your stamina and determination and the research you’ve done in order to take care of yourself. You’ve got Brains and courage lady! Your backyard” isn’t a bad place to recuperate ...some pretty nice nature there. Keep on getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie and thank you for your words of encouragement...Im getting excited about planting some fruit trees in my yard. I've tried before but didn't have the time to devote to caring for them that I do now so Im very hopeful! Soon the cooler weather will arrive and I really think I will speed up my recovery since it's too MUGGY to do much walking right now. I am taking a simpler approach to life right now!

      Delete
  7. Glad you're improving! The deer family is super cute. We've had a couple families coming through and I love watching them drink out of the bird bath. Best of luck to Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jen Im anxiously awaiting any news from Jimmy's operation, with the time difference Im not sure when it will be done takes 2 hrs or prep and then 2 hrs in the operating room...The deer are so fun to watch!

      Delete
    2. Aww Jen just saw your post about Jake, Im so very sorry I know you must be in agony...Why are the best parts of life gone so quickly...

      Delete
  8. So pleased you are doing a little better.
    Continue to take care ... thinking of you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, my energy level is getting back up Im about 1/2 way there one month later now...thank you!!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!