Friday, May 27, 2022

Rains

 So sorry for those who lost loved ones in TX, and in every other state in this sick Union. 

GUNS are the ISSUE...You can walk into a gun store in any town....where are the free mental health clinics for all these afflicted people to walk into? OUR so called leaders have pointed out the problem, it's not guns it's lunatics, so where is the help for that?  A nation denied proper health care due to Corporate Greed, armed with weapons fueled by Corporate Greed, and led by Corrupt Politicians backed by Corporate Greed - how could we possible go wrong? If prayer is such a good thing to do then why is it not working??? A gun shop on every corner,  a church on every corner, and if there is any mental health care it's so well hidden NO ONE CAN FIND IT ON ANY CORNER!! Sell guns to everyone, preach to the soul, and offer good health care  only to those who can afford it, then  hope for the best? Your thoughts?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thankfully I am still alive, I have not been gunned down --YET!! 

It's been a very quiet week here in my shrinking world the one that gets smaller every single day as I withdraw more and more from this society...The days are humid and we're having afternoon storms daily which is the norm for this time of  year.  The dogs do not like it.  They really do think I control the Weather! LoL.

This is how Gods get created.

Somehow I control the Thunder, the Lightening and the Rain!  I trekked off to Bramblewood on Saturday, I saw quite a variety of birds, some waders, some warblers, and some>>> 


 female Painted Bunting.  I am happy to  know these colorful birds have expanded their range northward to our area. 


Its a pallet from the Primary color wheel.  


The river level is about average for this time of year,  it may get higher as the rains have started now...


A Cattle Egret looks small in comparison to these reeds and cattails...


The Goslings almost out of baby stage and moving into adult stage...they are well protected...



This is a Blue Winged Carpenter Bee..

Homestead Front:

 Eastern Bluebirds are out and about as they are learning to hunt but still nearby their nest site...and family


 Im picking a few Sugar Snap Peas and some Green Beans, I have pulled the last of the Spring Onions already and plucking leaves of fresh Basil to add to my cooking which is not really happening much these days.  I had a better crop of asparagus this year so far still it's a spear here and there...maybe 6 one day was my best...but the 3rd year is coming next season.  There is lots of Zucchini bloom so hope to get a few to pick and I have hot peppers, and a couple of Winter Squash.  The tomato got off to a slow start with the cool spring but now it has a few green ones coming on,  the Cherry 100.  I have an Heirloom Tomato  that I grew from seed it's tall and growing well.   


And a bunch  of my Oregano I've picked for drying....


On Crusty Italian Bread YUM! Basil, cherry tomato,
(The last of the store bought ones I hope) spring onion and olive oil. 


See ya next week, hopefully.  

People don't need guns to live their best life....Bullying in School seems to be in the background of many of these disturbed individuals...if we taught tolerance in our HOMES, Schools, Churches, while  pointing out that YES we are all different, BUT SO WHAT??? Wouldn't it be a better society? I think ONE student per day should have to live as another person just so they can see how it is be a bit different. 
 Bringing the light to the darkness is the answer..


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

6 comments:

  1. Hello, Sondra
    Beautiful captures of the Painted Buntings. I wish they were seen in my area. The Cattle Egret is beautiful and love the cute Bluebird. I wish they would ban the AR-15 weapons, buying guns is way too easy. Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, I am seeing a lot of young in the yard, Chickadees, Wrens, and the Blue Birds and hearing lots of Pewee in the woods....so babes are busting out all over...to me Automatic ANY kind of weapon should only be for Armies to use not Individuals! Guns are for cowards...who are afraid of their shadows...in my book..

      Delete
  2. You said it all perfectly Sondra, This killing must stop but as long as the money hungry politicians are around it will never stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I totally agree we must get our voting rights back so we can vote these conservatives out of office....if it means a one sided story then so be it.

      Delete
  3. Your dogs are funny -- they know you can do anything and everything. So why don't you fix their weather ;>) And oh Sondra, thanks for the perfect words about our (no longer the greatest) country right now -- I agree with all of it, but can't say it like you can. I don't know if it's a good thing for you to withdraw though -- you should be out there letting everybody know the truth although in this day and age that's a scary proposition I know. ... Your garden is coming along great and dinner looks delicious. I made Lentils Cacciatore and cornbread tonight -- it was all delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie, I vote every chance I get we just had a Primary and I think even some of the Democrats in this state are Red, We had a Democrat in our house introduce a bill to lower the drinking age to 18!! INSANE, so I had to write him a little anti-love letter...lol I know you look forward to getting back where it's cooler! Safe Journey,

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!