Friday, August 13, 2021

Slow lazy week...

So it's a new week...and it's getting into mid August...who knew time would speed up like it has?  I am  already thinking of my winter "crops" for the garden pots and I just planted some Cilantro seed  for early sprout while it's warm, and I need to find some Lettuce seed, Carrot, Onion, Broccoli will be other winter crops I'm planning to grow.  I actually have some onion I sprouted from seed that I need to transplant.

WHAT'S FOR DINNER


A good salad with some fresh home grown Banana pepper, and lots of pumpkin and sunflower seed, is a really easy no cook meal to close out a hot day.  A piece of toasted flat bread makes it extra special.  That Green Leaf lettuce is from the grocery store.  I'd like  to grow some green leaf.. 


One evening I cooked up a whole pan of Brussel Sprouts added them to some potato  and carrot and what a delicious meal that was.  It made 3 meals actually. 




with one homegrown red jalapeno tossed in for seasoning 

WHAT YOU BEEN UP TO

...you ask?  I know it looks like a pile of dryer lint...but it's actually
 


Annie's Undercoat that  is shedding, I just combed this much out in a matter of a couple minutes, she has lots more but she is not a huge fan of the shedding comb. 


In other news I sold the Nikon after  friend Dave spoke of the FZ82 Lumix, I want one of those,....So I listed and sold the Nikon in the same day it shipped out today so as soon as I get paid from Ebay I will be looking for a Lumix FZ82, its the newer model of my current camera, and I love the ease of use of it so much this will be my third Panasonic when I get it..


 Goodbye Nikon and hope your new owner falls in love with you...I tried but just didn't bond with this one..

WHATS IN THE SKY

I stopped at the race track because I saw a lot of Mississippi Kite flying around...



Here is a wide shot I tried to get as many Kites as I could in the shot, that's the Grand Stand of the race track in the background.  



There was 21 Kites in all....13 in this shot as far as I could see...


The clouds were nice that day...

BEES KNEES

and big eyes.,,,The Spice Bush has the sweetest smell if you ever get a chance to take a whiff you won't be disappointed, and that sweetness is not lost on Bees...I tried to get some clear shots but they won't BEE still 

Big Eyes



                   Lots of Pollen on those guys...Hope you all have a great weekend. 


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

12 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Your salad and veggies look delicious! Annie is a cutie, I would think she would like having all that loose hair removed. Neat photo of the Kites, there have been some seen in Maryland recently. The spice bush sounds nice with a sweet smell. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eileen, Annie is one of those "goosy" dogs, she is easy to tickle, I gave her a bit of a bath yesterday and combed out another big load of hair...she will sit still for like 5 minutes then she has had enough. Im happy Floss has already finished shedding and I clipped her early in Spring to make it easier to get that undercoat out. TC enjoy the weekend

      Delete
  2. The meals look good Sondra, do you make your own flatbreads?
    Thats good you sold your Nikon, I think I'll do that with my Canon and then go for the Lumix.
    You take better close ups than me, I can can never get the focus right, in fact my phone is easier top use.
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, I do not make my own flat bread but I don't think it's all that hard to do...maybe when it's cooler I will try that. I have never had any good photo with my phone it's not a name brand phone just run of the mill it's good for indoor photos. Yes I hope they buyer is happy and I should get paid for the camera on Aug 20th. Ebay has def changed the way they do business since I was a regular seller. Have a good weekend.

      Delete
    2. You selling your camera gave me the idea of part ex. my canon against a Lumix, so that is what I'm in the process of doing.

      Delete
    3. I figure a camera that we love is a special thing!

      Delete
  3. Hope you find the camera you want. If I can't figure out what microsoft did to my photo load I more than likely will give up taking pictures. I really hate windows 10 and microsoft period. I hear there is a 11 coming out very soon.
    Your pictures are wonderful as always.
    Your meals look so good. I can't do the potatoes but the rest is all a go!

    You have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Windows is def a challenge to deal with these days I recall how much I loved XP it gave US control over how we wanted it to behave. It's all spyware now...they want to control everything. The meal was good for sure. Today Im not cooking it's too hot. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. We love Brussels in our house, yours look delicious! How fantastic to see all the Kites, they are beautiful birds. I hope you fair better with your replacement camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, it was really tasty I always add a little Balsamic Vinegar, and they really brings up a sweet savory taste to the sprouts...in cooler weather I like to roast them in the oven. Hope your week is good!

      Delete
  5. Do your yardbirds use all that lovely dog fuzz for nesting material? I know somebody who puts out dryer lint and the birds use it. I'd think they would rather use the fur!! Brussels Sprouts are big favorites of ours -- I've been roasting them withi some Balsamic vinegar lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, I do find dog hair in nests, and my hair too....lol...I have a carpet sweeper I used on my porch and when I empty it I normally put it in the compost pile, so I think that is how they find my hair...this particular pile of fuzz came a little late for this years nesting but I tossed it out there in the woods so it could be used. I love B sprouts, I have never tried to grow them but I think I would like to try.
      TC

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!