Friday, July 9, 2021

Half way to 2022

This week I did make a quick stop at Bramblewood, by the Wateree River, 


saw a few birds wading  and in the holding  ponds...




Sadly there was one goose that had died, but nature has that figured out...



 the fun thing was the pollinator plot, 


Lovely flowers, 


and the next fun thing was watching this Yellow Throated Warbler, feed a fledgling...





I wasn't fast enough to catch the actual feeding, but I enjoyed watching that part..
A quiet 4th was had around here I think I heard 4 firecrackers distantly and that was it.  Most of my original neighbors have either moved or died...sadly,  Im in that line. We had one of the coolest 4ths on record is what the tv weather man said it was amazing...I didn't even have my AC on if you can believe that.  It's back on today tho had to put it on about 1 pm. 




My Bee Balm had 2 blooms this year, I have been really treating it with Miracle Grow and spraying it with soapy water to keep the grasshoppers off it,  Only 2 blooms so far but sure is nice to see and the smell is amazing. 


The tiger lily is gonna have 4 flowers this year, 


and the tall phlox have been opened a long time already


The Wandering Jew is almost touching the ground...



This Camelia is outgrowing this space so it was either cut it down or cut it back so I chose to cut it back...I didn't take a before shot of course but now it has  a tall slender open weave look.  Should be pretty when it blooms in the late fall..

hard to get it to show up in a photo


The veggies are still producing Im on my 6th zukes now, the last batch I cooked was so fresh and delicious..




I have 2 big Butternut squash Im trying to keep the deer and squirrel off limits..wish me luck. 



And more peppers, I had one with my salad tonight...




I cooked 



But this is not for me, its for the Girls!




I now use Fresh Pet for their meat....I have tried to eliminate the dry and heavily processed food from their diets.  They're officially now 13 years old on the 4th! That's 91 in human years. 

so they do a lot of sleeping and taking things easy. 



All grey but still loving life..


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

20 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Love the view of the river. The Warbler is beautiful. Lovely variety of flowers.
    Your furbabies are adorable, I am sure they love their food. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Eileen, Thank you for the comment...I hope Elsa is not giving you any bad weather we got a lot of rain but that's all. The girls are always eager come meal time they eat twice a day and it's the highlight for them! TC

      Delete
  2. Awww I do like your dogs.

    I enjoyed seeing all of your photographs, especially the flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, the girls are enjoying their senior years they each have mobility issues from arthritic joints from their younger days of chasing squirrels and playing wrestle with each other...so now they sleep and eat and go on short plays in the yard. TC

      Delete
  3. Awesome pic of the dogs! Loved all the flower pictures. Looking forward to seeing the girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sis, they are both super seniors now...but Annie still runs and plays a little bit and Floss's run these days is a fast walk! HUGSS

      Delete
  4. Fabulous pictures! The flowers are wonderful and your veggies are fantastic looking. I had such bad veggies from the store today the zucchini skins were so tough I had to peel them and still they wouldn't cook right, same for the spears. Guess its time to shop somewhere else.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, the zucchini has done well for me, especially in a pot..I want to write down the variety and try it again next yr if Im still kicking, I did plant some vinna but the grasshopper ate it, I know Bramblewood has a tree company keeping up their grounds and they were spraying I guess that is how they keep theirs from being eaten up..Try a farmers market for some fresher veggies if there is one close to you. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  5. The garden looks good Sondra, and the food too. Your girls look contented. Is the van running ok now? All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, the girls are enjoying their new diet, I make bigger chunks to encourage them to chew up their food, better for the digestion..
      The van is doing much better since I replaced the ignition coil it had no misfires, so that must have been the cause...I do need to get the new 02 sensors installed I tried and failed..I dont have the right tool. So that's one my list of gotta get it done when my budget gets a little relief. And I may just order the tool and do it myself...lol TC

      Delete
    2. Sometimes you can hire a particular tool if its expensive to buy and you will only need it once. Owners clubs are often a good source of seldom used tools.

      Delete
    3. Oh yeah I forgot about that, some of the parts stores here do that I will look into it, thanks Dave!

      Delete
  6. That baby warbler is ridiculous!! Gorgeous flowers throughout, love the tiger lily especially. I might have to check out that dog food option as I think Ralph would like softer meals these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, thanks the little fluff ball was adorable for sure...They girls love this fresh pet, and I like it too. No preservatives is a good thing. Happy week.

      Delete
  7. The pollinator patch is great, we could do with more of those! I'm keeping my fingers crossed your veg doesn't get eaten before it's ready for you! I remember having to cook scrambled eggs for one of my cats in her old age, easier to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, flowers are so important to the planet and to US and they're just sooo beaitiful to look at. I figure the girls are deserving of a senior diet.
      They are both doing well Floss lost a little weight so I give her a little bit more Annie is like me she inhales and gains a pound. TC

      Delete
  8. What You Saw And What You Shared Was Just Lovely - And A Happy Happy - So Cute - I Hit The Milestone This Friday - YahooooOOOOOOO

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Travis, I Hope you have a wonderful Birthday...I've had these girls since age 4 months we know each other like the back of our paws. ;O)

      Delete
  9. Your last sentence could describe me! Your flowers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie, me too. I spent more time on the couch than in my work shed these days especially now in the heat of summer. TC

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!