Thursday, September 14, 2017

Grand Mesa Lakes II

The sun tried to come out after that hail strom....here is another video I made of the hail...


                                         

Sorry about my Southern twang it comes with the territory...So anyways we left Ward Lake and back to the highway ducked into Corbett Lake Campground it's the smallest of the campgrounds up there...very cozy tho...and here is the lake..




....after you check out this little immature white crowned sparrow is he not adorable??


Corbett Lake


It was not a long walk to get back to this lake...so back in the van we headed to Lands End road again...a creek is just off the road in this wonderful meadow with a creek tumbling through,,



A good place to let Annie and Flossie out to play in the water...




Annie likes the water more so than Flossie soooo I splashed Floss and got the dust off her coat...she seemed to enjoy it...well not really, lol 




Annie jumps right in...it's shallow


...and Casey is really starting to show his years he enjoyed some peaceful time in the van...I have moved the 3rd seat into a spot behind my seat for the trip back to give them more room...so now it's Casey's Car Seat.



... he can jump down for a drink but he can't get back up unless I give him a boost...


I pulled over when I heard some bird chatter in the Aspens...and Several Mountain Chickadees were flying in and out and all around and down...and I snapped this shot when one dropped down on the ground to investigate my phishing...



Oh such a cutie!  

The next lake I stopped to see was Carson Lake...it's a beautiful drive down to see it...


these trees are dropping leaves already....there's the lake down below in the distance...





 some of what we saw by the  lake....


 White Crowned Sparrow, Female 


Carson Lake Park area


Holly Hock in the park area



Half of Carson Lake 

I stitched this -- because I forgot to take a pano...


the flat light made poor lake shots....


back up on the highway this is Reservoir numbers six and nine.  






Then the distant thunder sent us hightailing toward Home,  what a great day me and the pups had, 



Here 's a little map snagged off the net showing many of the areas I have blogged about for those of you who enjoy putting everything into perspective!

Image result for grand mesa lakes map

You can pick out the areas where I've been adventuring 

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

8 comments:

  1. The little birds are just to cute but oh the changing leaves are just to beautiful. The land of lakes yep. It's so much of the life I want to live. Casey, looks comfy and knows where it's warmer. Little old man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a 2 fall year for me! The Aspens were awesome, and the Cottonwoods are just as awesome! If I had to guess I'd say he is 15 yrs old.

      Delete
  2. The Chickadees are lovely little things! You're surrounded by such beautiful views! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The views in Colorado never bore me there is soooo much to see the problem is there are too many choices.

      Delete
  3. Beyond beautiful. Are you sure you want to go home (it's still hurricane season you know).... of course you might get snowed in in CO I suppose .... always risks ;>) ... I thought Casey was a young dog -- he must have been older already when you rescued him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes Casey was an old boy when I found him he has really slowed this year but he is still game to try anything. I really considered NOT coming back, but I'm home now and there is a lot to be done here...Colorado is not going anyplace it will always be there for me...both my sisters have homes there one is there 33 years now and the other has bought her retirement home there...that is where I stayed for the most part while I was there...she plans to retire in Oct of 2018...so I may be able to spend Spring out there..once the snow melts!

      Delete
  4. I am so envious of your wander lust!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had another life to live right behind this one so I could start over again, 40 lifetimes would not be enough to see all this Planet has to offer us.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!