Thursday, December 24, 2015

Lookin' back to the future...

                                

     
Well another year of blogging behind us, and 365 days to blog in front of us..wow!  As years go this one was a pretty good one I am *Knocking on Wood* as we speak, oak on my left, mahogany on my right, I've got it covered.  The highlight was of course the fall road trip where I drove an amazing 10,000 miles there and back journey.  My house project is creeping closer and closer to being "done" if that word even exists when speaking of home ownership...and Mom had NO hospital stays this yr!!  My x settled into the senior care facility very well and he even has a girlfriend...I am thrilled; I saw him at Thanksgiving he did not know me and asked me who I was I told him my name is Sondra, he replied, "you look a little bit like her".  I guess he remembers the 21 yr old gal he married not the 62 yr old golden girl I am now Relief is all I can say! My son is still going strong with his girl friend, he changed jobs and is happy, my sisters are walking their own path, the only thing I broke this year was my pinky finger it's a bit crooked but still works fine, and my extended family continues to grow as my Mom is a Great, Great, Aunt several times over and I am officially RETIRED...what more could a person ask for???



I hope all who read this blog look back at 2015 with your own approval and are looking forward with stars in your eyes, big plans in your mind, and headed in the direction of your dreams!



Happy Holidays from DixxeLand!



PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

8 comments:

  1. You had a great year Sondra; and here's to an even better 2016.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Keith...I hope you get to spend even more time exploring in Wales as I know that is special to you...Happy New Yr.

      Delete
  2. I look forwad to reading about your adventures and projects in 2016, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cetainly had a wonderful year and I enjoyed every bit of it following you.
    Can't wait to see what you pull off in 2016. Hope your Christmas was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo....I hope to pull off many great memories!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the good wishes and for sharing your joys ... I have to laugh at the only thing you broke .... All of us long time fans know xaxctly what you mean ... Only you would think of a broken finger as nothing ;)))! Glad your mom is doing well and everybody else is settling in as they should be at their various stages.

    (I am glad you are officially retired. And your lovely home ... While you are accomplishing miracles that leave me in awe of your talents, I am afraid you're probably right, it will never ever be truly finished! Just speaking from experience ( that I can still barely remember). Happy New Year!,,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to expand my horizons a bit this year, you guys are an inspiration to me.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!