Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tid Bits

I took this photo of a train on a recent trip out of town. Its a pano 3 frames stitched and I like the curve effect. I used HDR filters to process it and I like 3D look it gives the photo. - Photo Missing Satisfied with the results.

                                                 



 Spring is here and its official today is our frost date, so I finished planting my veggie garden..I have lettuce, tomato, onions, cucumbers, snow peas, green beans, yellow squash, green squash, butternut squash, green peppers, banana peppers, radish, and beets!...and a few white potatoes. It happens to be tax day also for us in the USA.

 I did mine already and e-filed and got my refund direct deposit. It was not so bad this year...not so for my son. I did his taxes and I think this will be the last time, I just cant get myself involved in his affairs, its too distressing to me as he had to pay last year and this year. It upsets me terribly. I have no art projects ongoing currently..so Ive been playing with some photographs.



I love photography and creative editing. Most of my photos are of nature, birds, landscapes, trees, flowers, insects such as that, or anything I see outside. Today the Blue Grosbeak came to the feeder the first time this year...very good to see that stunning fellow again, of course I had no time to get his photo..if he hangs around I'll give it a try..but its hard to sneak up on a bird!...







The hummingbirds have also arrived as have the Summer Tanagers, and the Purple Martins. They checked out my martin condos but chose the neighbors pasture...I have no horses in mine now. The blue birds will nest there probably and the Great Crested Flycatchers as well so Im not bothered. A small flock of cattle egrets showed up in the corn field nearby, they landed in the pine tops before deciding to glide down to the ground.

Photo missing.
                                                          


  Last night we saw bats swooping in the front yard, probably gobbling up mosquitoes since we have had a fair bit of rain as late. Last year when I visited Utah, we took an evening dip in the pool and the bats began to swoop just over the surface of the pool with us in it!..Kinda freaky~they came very close. That was a new experience. It reminded me of when I went to the Bahamas, a lizard climbed up on my pool chair and was waiting on my towel when I got out of the pool...Gave me a quick startle for sure...Im cool with everything except SPIDERS, so no harm done.

1 comment:

  1. What a great picture of the train Dixxie. Would grace anyones wall for sure. Really good processing too.
    Interesting birds you have visiting too. I bet the hummingbirds are quite spectacular to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!