Thursday, December 31, 2015

LIttle by Little....

It's becoming a bathroom again! 

Amazing how such a small room can take so much work to complete!! After the tile cured for a couple days I did the grouting and caulked around the tub I put 3 coats of tile sealer on...

    

I wish I could go with glass doors on this tub have to look into it...its not a "normal" tub with the extra length at the back....I put the handles on ....this is a Moen, and Im not too happy with it, everything is so crapily made these days! Where is the quality? Probably in the $300 faucets?  I really wish I could find some old ones made of all metal!  I don't think these will last long..

      Then I stained the floor 

           I nailed on the baseboards, then installed the toilet..



I got the tall oval in white...once again not top line I will eventually replace the seat; why do they put these floppy seats on a new toilet? There was one marked down because it had a cracked seat I thought of getting it but was afraid the bowl may have a hairline crack...so here is the Throne..*G*  the water is not turned on yet...so I'll fill it to check for leaks once the floor is dry.  And record that first flush!!




I put down one coat of Poly so far it needs 2 more...then start figuring out the vanity and the rest of the fixtures to finish it all off.

*    *     *

And I found 2 wood chairs for my dining room at the Habitat store I think they are maple, love the carved backs...Now I have enough seating to have a dinner party!! :0) They are quite sturdy for a simple chair.

       


     

   I  have ordered the 3 canvases for the living room wall  as I mentioned....and I expect them to arrive any day now..

PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

11 comments:

  1. It's all coming together so nicely! You've put in so much hard work and I'm totally amazed by you! Happy New Year! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and I hope you have a wonderful 2016!

      Delete
  2. I just love the way you say things like "I finished the grout" or I put in the toilet" etc the same way as I might say "lunch is ready" or some such ... Like it's all in a day's work... I am so in awe of all you get done! I mean, I've helped with projects (a lot), but there's a world of difference between that and what you do. It's a bummer you can't even depend on a so called top brand like Moen any more ... Hope it surprises you and lasts longer than it should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL, I don't mean to make light of what I'm trying to do trust me I wring my hands and lay awake at night wondering if its Gonna work..but in the end its almost never as hard as I think it will be. I do hope the Moen last longer than I think it will!

      Delete
  3. This is really looking fabulous. Those chairs are a total score!! Steve is back at our bathroom so we will get some photos to share soon. We totally agree on new things we can buy...what crap! So disappointing! You would think we would get better, not worse with materials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The greed at the top has stagnated the actual growth of this nation! A cheap piece of crap and even the more expensive ones I compared were cheap looking crap! I year for a junk yard of such things to dig through and I know I could find a good quality product. WISH I had the originals off my old house, but they were long gone.

      Delete
    2. OH and we used my 2 new to me chairs as extras for our Christmas meal!! Good sturdy chairs!

      Delete
  4. Its looking sooo good. Fixtures these days are junk all plastic yet not cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it JO! My gut told me to buy out door spigots they were all metal, and really if I painted them chrome they would have looked pretty good! Should of gone with my gut~

      Delete
  5. Yes, the lids are crappy plastic on our new toilets, but I love how you give them a nudge and they close slowly. It really doesn't take much to entertain me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the lids are crappy plastic on our new toilets, but I love how you give them a nudge and they close slowly. It really doesn't take much to entertain me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!