Friday, November 13, 2020

What I Found Last Week..

Friday seems to be the day I have to get out and enjoy some nature.  Mon to Thursday the stress of life builds and then I gotta get a change of rhythm.  This time it's back to my usual place and I decided to do some  hiking so I picked 2 trails.  The Woodland Pond trail and a section of Tates' trail.  Both are woodlands trails, and the woods felt and looked great. 





















I had a little threat on the trail look who is hanging right across the trail...
 

A little late Halloween trick!





The Golden Crowned Kinglet has arrived back into the area..


The Forest Plants are all set for next year...


Even the Moss has put out seedspores


This trail is just a little over a mile long...


this is about the 3/4 point...






The trail circles the pond, but there is no good view of the pond from the woods, so once you exit the woods, the turtles are all surprised to see ya! 




Back at the van I need to drink some water and check the time...No worries about getting a call...



My Next Trail was a section of the Tates Trail...Unlike the other trail a loop this time Im doing an In and Out...this is about 3 miles total...


I pick the trail up where it crosses Wildlife Dr and hike toward Martin's lake.  



It's nice to hear the crunch of leaves underfoot...and then seeing the lake come into view...




when I get close to the lake I get a peek of what's out there...I've  heard the Geese as I walked so I know they are there but this was a surprise..




Closer view...


Tundra Swan...my first at Sandhills...I know its fuzzy very far away and he swam across the lake eventually...



So that was a treat, had some Wood Duck, some Mallard, and Ring Necked Duck too...





about 8 in total...






I took my lunch over to Lake Bee after the hike back and there was a nice breeze and I really enjoyed just listening to the wind talk through the trees...then I took a little walk around they have yet to allow Lake Bee to refill so it's just a little stream running through where the lake was, the Killdeer are still enjoying it there...





After  lunch, I drove up to the Oxpen Lakes...it's still very pretty there where it's more open up on Mary's Hill...




Some late flowers supplied food to the butterflies and skippers...





And the Yellow Rumped Warblers have arrived...and all berries beware...

P1160223
PLAY


It was a FAB day, I went home refreshed and ready to face the election count and was so Thrilled when the vote was called in favor of Joe Biden on the next day...we dodged the bullet here, I hope the 70 million who think Trump is an option will come to understand he was  fueling  hate...and now I hope without his fanning the flame all of us can jump on board and help get the issues we face solved.  Trump will stop at nothing to try and force his way back into office nothing he would do surprises me..

I can't wait for Jan 20th to arrive.


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

14 comments:

  1. Nice set of pictures Sondra, Autumn has so much to offer its a great season. It's only as I've got older that I really appreciate it. The Kinglet is the same as the European Goldcrest, striking little birds. That looks like a good day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the name Goldcrest, I think it fits better. Autumn is my favorite season but its so short. I had a great day out...now the rain has stopped and Im busy with a project!

      Delete
  2. Hello, Sondra
    Looks like a great day and outing to me! It feels good to get outdoors in nature. Love the turtle line up. The Kinglet is pretty, love the Autumn colors and the skipper on the flowers. Pretty views! Great collection of photos. I am so happy Biden/Harris have won, now to get the looser out of the WH. Take care, have a happy Friday and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, thank you. I had a super day and it's rained since then almost daily but now It's clear again finally. Yep the "loser" in more ways than one, he is such an embarrassment to this country. He is what my husband used to call "common".

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sightings and photographs you've shared.
    Great post, what a good day out :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan, it was the prefect day for me. I hope to get more of these type days in now BUT yet another Tropical disturbance is out there the 30th one this year.

      Delete
  4. You still have some wonderful Fall colors out there. The reds and deep oranges. Your pictures once again are fabulous. Always get such a kick out of the turtles all lined up on a log. You sure had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Yes there was barely standing room on the logs. Some trees are holding the color a little longer.

      Delete
  5. It looks delightful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you. It is a jewel that many around here just don't know about. I have noticed an uptick in cyclists making use of the paved roads, and mountain bikers making use of the dirt roads.

      Delete
  6. I Am Grateful For What You Have Found - Thanx For Sharing - Excellent Shadow Shot

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swan! And wonderful birds and Autumn scenery. We are kind of on your same weekly rhythm .. chores and appointments early in the week then get out and do something toward the end of it. There’s some kind of need to establish a routine amidst all this chaos. You know I shared your joy on that Saturday ... and your hopes that we survive to .January 20 in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, yes I know we both jumped for joy, and we've been saying "WHAT" everyday since. If people who voted for Trump don't see his desperate SCAM to hang onto an office he has NO interest in doing the job for...then I have lost my sympathy for and hope they can come out of the coma they are in. I haven't been out this week cause I have my van all torn up inside doing a project. Thanks for your visit.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!