Friday, November 20, 2020

Home all week...

This week I went no where fun or interesting.  Lots of new birds arrived at my house...and that was fun...I have been involved in a project and it has keep me very busy.  

The Hermit Thrush teased me into stopping to go in for the camera.

take my picture

I'm replacing the interior ceiling in my van the old stuff which was put in when it became a conversion van is saggy, rattles, and keeps me from being able to stand up in the central area.  So Im changing that...took out the old, that was hard.  I will post some photos when Im all done...

 the Dark Eyed Junco's are here...



I shared the Golden Crowned Kinglet last post so this week it's the Ruby Crowned Kinglet 


This is one of the  oaks on the homestead..


the Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers, 



more Chipping Sparrow,  





Several Red Breasted Nuthatch visited  I was happy to catch one with the camera...I  had been hearing them in the woods all week long...hope they hang out with us this winter. 



Northern Cardinals are beautiful year round in my yard..but especially when the leaves are matching colors...



A little Downy Woodpecker wonders which limb to explore next..


The Camelia's  are blooming early...


Look at this beetle I found when I split a piece of old wood...poor guy I took him out of his winter hiding spot..hope he will make it I put him back on some old wood but I don't know if he can find his way back into the center of it...Notice the false eyes.

Eastern Eyed Click Beetle

And yet another Red Breasted Nuthatch shot soooo cute..



Annie getting a walk about...

Fly Over


 And I'm changing the name of my van...
something Celestial is what I'm thinking..

And check out the Yellow Bellied Sapsucker as he enjoys a ripe American Persimmon that didn't fall off the tree....yum yum. 

YB Sapsucker on Persimmon
Press Play


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

14 comments:

  1. There's plenty going on in your yard! I think when there's so much going on at home you don't always miss going places! I love the Beetle, it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam you are right, I've enjoyed seeing my winter resident arrive, and how busy they are making room at the feeder with the regulars too...That beetle was a surprise, I hope he found a way to get back into his log I had no idea it was a piece on my wood pile, Hope your weekend is a good one.

      Delete
  2. Hello, Sondra
    Awesome view of the Sapsucker, I have not seen one lately. The Red-breasted Nuthatch and Kinglet are favorites. I am seeing a lot of Juncos lately. Love the beautiful old oak and the Camelia. Annie is a sweetie! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen...the weather has been perfect since the last storm cleared out and the cold snap has brought my winter birds home for the season. The sap sucker sure enjoyed that persimmon fruit...the fruit falls off normally so glad that one hung on for him to enjoy. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky to have so many beautiful birds come to your yard. The black eye junco is one of my favorites and of course the Red-breasted Nuthatch is another one and who could not love a Cardinal. The flowering Camelia is gorgeous. Annie doing her walk around to check out her borders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks for your comment, I am lucky to have lots of birds visit my yard,,,,I keep 4 feeders and suet and water available for them...and its sometimes the highlight of my day.

      Delete
  4. The nuthatches are lovely birds. I'm always pleased to see one. But the Cardinal is stunning, a beauty. Your camellias are earlier than ours, at the moment we only have buds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dave, I wondered if your camellias were blooming our are early this year lots of buds too...so far the little red breasted nuthatches are hanging around...haven't had any in several years here in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see all of the birds, great photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, Im glad you stopped by to say hi, have a great week.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great project you have going there, hard but rewarding after.,,thats annoying not being able to stand up in places, we’ve had campers like that so I know. (I had to get dressed without standing up in one ...literally could not do that now, I was young then!). ... *But* I have no idea how you can ever get any work done with all your wonderful bird visitors! Love them all. Your kinglets and nuthatches are just perfect little beauties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, it's been really hard and I sure don't want to do it again...LoL...but Im dedicated to finishing it and I already enjoy the fact that that it's a much quieter ride without all those plastic storage bins squeaking and rattling,

      Delete
  8. Nice bird photos and that beetle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Linda, that beetle is a first for me, I've seen all sorts but that is a new one.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!