Friday, October 9, 2020

Week Journal

Friday Oct 2nd
 I worked on painting the front bumper cover on my van it has faded to a light grey and the running board was chipped and looked 10 shades of grey...so I painted it all black. I still have the top to paint...and that will come soon,   I also did the back bumper cover. That took most of the day with all the sanding and taping I had to do in order to accomplish this along with removing the bumper covers...and the grill on the van. 
Saturday 
I hung out in the yard doing chores, sawed up more wood and got my fireplace set for lighting...and brought  wood onto the porch in anticipation of the cooling temps. 
Later:   Saturday nights I normally watch classic thrillers...and this was no exception. 
The Island of Terror. 1966 

       After sorry didn't take a before

Sunday:10-4-2020
Was my Mom's birthday a very sad day for us all...I still feel very low and misplaced...I took some new florals to put in her vase and  a Birthday Balloon that I will remove in a weeks times.  I don't want it to blow away.  I did tape it to the wall so I hope it's still there when I go back...And then later I drove to her favorite hill in the NWR nearby, I call it Mary's Hill...and Sunday night I had my first fire took the chill right out of the room. 


...with love, happy birthday Mom


Mary's Hill


Monday:
...errands to do...paint to buy so I can make the deck all pretty again...and I had to get the small propane tank filled,  later I sat on the deck and enjoyed the sound of the birds singing, and watched the little hummer that showed up at my feeder.  I don't know how she is managing with these lows in the 40's...but she is.  Early voting started today here and they had record turn outs!! I see that as good news.  I did watch the Biden Town Hall Q & A.  I think Joe enjoys relating his life experience to the challenges he may face as President, he is old school and I understand his logic, Trump is from the same generation but they are worlds apart...just shows money doesn't buy anything that you really need to be present in life,  I doubt Trump could relate ONE single story that is worth sharing, sadly. 


Tuesday:
There is a lot of ripe fruit for the migrants if they come by...so far it's been really quiet in the yard.  I started painting at 9 AM finished about noon.  Now it needs to dry overnight but it feels dry to the touch now...I will give it 24 hrs before I try to walk on it. What a gorgeous day my mood lifted a little I've been kinda down in the dumps since my birthday last week...a second visiting female hummingbird showed up today so now they fight over the feeder. 









Northern mockingbird

This may be why Im sneezing? Goldenrod




Wednesday:
I woke up sneezing, sore throat, and feeling not so good...so today I spent the day inside trying to rest a little...I did a couple small cleaning jobs, and watched some you tubes.  Tonight is the debate between the VP's I will watch because I have nothing else to do once the sun goes down...I have dinner early as a rule, feed the girls, then Im done for the evening.  Then the debate, the VP lied many times and avoided answering the questions how can  he when they HAVE no plan their plan is to fool as many Americans as possible.  Then when the fly landed on his head...ha.
On the question of Packing the court Pence answered his own Question, he said "A sitting President Has the Right to Appoint Justices!! "SO there you go...that is the answer and I'm sure if it becomes a necessity yes that could happen, it is already lop sided 5 to 3...now it will be 6 to 3?? Obama had 9 months yet they denied him the right!! There are so many things that are wrong in our system these things need to be addressed and updated to fit the life of the 21st century! HOW can we continue to live with laws and directives made in 1789???They still beheaded people then for not giving birth to a son in those times!!!

 This little lizard below could have handled that fly pretty darn good I half way expected to see a long lizard tongue come out of Pence's mouth and zap that fly off his own head, and then chew and  swallow it down....LOL I sat there and imagined it...and then We would all understand what exactly what it is we don't like about that guy!! Yes I do watch too much Sci-fy.



Green Anole 


Thursday:
This morning I am a little short of breath!! So I went to be tested for Covid...there was no line at the Health Department they do the test right out in the parking lot it's free so I had it done...one WEEK to know the results...That is why we are not getting a handle on this virus...anyways I will know if its hay fever or not...they ask all the normal Q's and then they swab the inside of your nostrils for 5 seconds each..no pain.  I want to know last time Im 99,9% sure I had it but did not get tested.  I spoke to a grocery store employee he said he just finished 2 weeks quarantine at home he had it. And he told me his aunt has just tested positive for the second time...so it happens. 
So while I was right there our Voter registration is right next to the Health Dept, I had my status checked Im all set to vote.  Early voters are showing up in record numbers.    If you're living in a Red State and have not voted recently or are unsure you should do the same, since they have been purging the rolls.   With this latest stunt of Trumps...he is pulling every trick he can think of to sway votes, to suppress votes, to create fraud, and confuse the voting public.  

So I need to finish this so it can Post in the morning for my Friday deadline...do you consider yourself to be a journalist?  I think we all are this is our unpaid job in some ways...so a few more photos of things I saw on my Journey this week to share then it goes to press...
...so I will spend the remainder of this day piddling around the homestead listening to the mockingbird through the open windows and  or relaxing on my freshly painted deck. 




       Smile you're on candid camera...don't forget to check all around you, when you think you're alone you may not be!!






And another week is behind me, what comes next week who knows...I will let you know!!

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

19 comments:

  1. Nice pictures as always. The deck looks great.I really need to get out and clean my porch since the mornings are so nice right now. Then it heats up to nasty by noon. Yep we are still hitting 101.

    Hope you test comes back negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, me too..I am no where as sick as I was back in August, but since I was right there and they were standing there I thought why NOT I need to know...yes I have tried to stay clear of anyone till I know the result..But the symptoms began on Sunday night...I hope it's NEG thats what I had to do all summer get out early before the heat sometimes I was out taking my walk at 6 am...It's still dark till 7:30 am now!

      Delete
  2. The van looks good Sondra. I missed your birthday so a belated Happy birthday. Autumn is here now and the leaves are changing plus the house is getting colder so we have the heating on to take the chill off.
    A week is too long to wait for the result and that doesnt help the spreading as perhaps people wont isolate until they get the result. Fingers crossed that you are ok. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I Have to scroll down to almost the end of the drop down menu these days...to find the year of my birth...A week is WAY too long this is why we don't have a handle on this virus...if it's pollen alergies it's the first time ever that I've had it...and I've been living in this area for years so...I suppose my system could change or with all the tress they cut around us the past couple years, we now have fields growing hundreds of acres of rag weed so in way the environment around me has changed.

      Delete
    2. OH I forgot to say thank you for the Birthday Wish!!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Our weather is cooling off, not enough to start the wood stove. We have turned our heat on. Pretty collection of photos, I love the lizard. I hope everyone gets out and votes as if their life depends on it. It really does!
    I can not stand to watch the news any more, it is so depressing to see the direction our country is heading. I hope you do not have COVID. Take care and stay safe. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen and thank you for your comment, I love to watch the lizards around here sometimes I see tiny little young ones not much bigger than an inch or two. Now I had to put the ac back on it's 93% humidity! Due to Delta.

      Delete
    2. And I wanted to address something that has been bothering me...
      I will be very happy to have Nov 3rd behind us at least the ads on tv and internet will stop...but if he has another term I do think there will be Protests and civil outrage...asa he starts his BS "paper signing" stunts! Taking more away than giving. IF his taking away of environmental protections is to build jobs where are those jobs he built?? They don't exist. Electric generating plants didn't hire more workers they just belched more nasty into the air, water, and land. My electric and water rates did not go down...so any profit gained was kept by big corporations the only sector he really is working for.
      Generating plants now using natural gas has been a trend since BUSH so he can't any merits for that I used to work at Con-Edison so I know a little about it.
      And let me add this...He says and I agree the US Forest Service needs to manage better, SO where is his HELP?? We need more fire trenching, more prescribed burns of small tracts, cleaning up pathways of streams to keep water flowing,,,,,etc SO why did he not increase their budget.., hire more forestry service full time employees, create a Fire Suppression Unit to do the work, added more air support and ground support equipment, THAT creates JOBS, it helps manufacturing, he is so clueless...why hasn't he had talks with the USDA which I think forestry should be moved to the Department of the Interior. He has a mouth but no action! They need to hire people who know about the environment not from Corporations to run these cabinets...the guy running the USDA is a TYSON CHICKEN BARON...he may know something about frozen foods but forestry?? So why doesn't he put his leadership where his mouth is?

      Delete
  4. A Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you aren't feeling too sick? The van is looking smart and I love the colours on the decking. I will forever be jealous of having Hummingbirds in the garden!! Gosh that fly was famous wasn't it.......almost more so than the VP himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, I am feeling Ok but off a little...I guess it comes with the extra year older! Yes that fly got a lot of media attention!

      Delete
    2. I wanted to add this...I got my results NEGATIVE so very happy to know I can go out and not worry that I could be spreading something I think I simply have nasal congestion with hay fever which makes you feel like you have a cold...or flu. So I'm so very happy.

      Delete
    3. That is good news, i'm pleased for you, it's funny isn't it that you can be happy someone has a cold or allergies!!

      Delete
  5. Omg, I am happy to be late reading and commenting because I see your addition above that you tested negative, oh I’m so glad. Sorry about the hay fever tho, it is no fun, Bill is very allergic to goldenrod, which grows wild and crazy around here, it makes my eyes water and my throat itch, but not as bad as him or you. Before you got to the day when you started feeling icky again, I thought it sounded like you were back to the old Sondra .., repairing your car, taking care of everything, basically superwoman ...., I hope you feel more like that again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, yes Im back at my old self pretty much...not quite Superwoman but Staying very busy! The weather has been better so that means I can get more done! I think will all the timber cutting now each of those large tracts of land have grown over with dog fennel and rag weed...HUNFREDS of acres and that is a change to my environment. I do find a power nap helps me..lol.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say on the later post that I hope you win the mower ...meanwhile the cast iron pan is pretty cool. I use mine *all* the time still and the Dutch oven. And miss having them in the RoadTrek. I need to win one )). That drive up meeting is a great idea. Smart thinking on their part.

      Delete
    3. I really want a dutch oven haven't found one yet that I think is worth cost I'd like to find an old one...But lately I have not been to any second hand stores...That is my kind of meeting, here's your skillet and get out there...lol

      Delete
  6. Good to read that you had a negative result, that alone will make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO right you are...I knew was entirely different but these days any symptoms that are in the pile make you wonder are you out spreading it around etc...a huge relief.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!