Wednesday, October 28, 2020

New View...

Hey did you guys notice that since the "upgrade" to blogger, in the old posts the photo's have been resized to the Medium size? At least in mine they have.

This is an extra Post this week! This took place on Friday the 23rd but I wanted to get it in before the months end...so 2 posts this week. I Have another one scheduled for Friday's post. 

This week was strange weather wise it got muggy again.  Not as bad as summer mind you but it was there...however on Friday (the 23rd) it was lovely so I went to my old standby spot Sandhills.   I did a couple of short hikes, and drove to my favorite spots to look for birds, and found a few to report. 

Tates trail...

There was a lot of geese in 3 different locations around the refuge I was happy to see.  


Untitled
PLAY

The fall color keeps getting a little better each visit but I did notice a lot of trees have already dropped their leaves while others are still green.  

Some Hickory trees show off







One Prairie Warbler came up as Rare on ebird this time of year....I was happy to get a shot of it still not confirmed, while ones without photos were confirmed! Sometimes I think if the reviewer knows you, the outcome is different.  Not that it's important really but during these times when so much corruption is going on, do we really need it in ebird too????? 



Song Sparrows have begun to show up finally...I have missed their crazy darts for cover, then they creep up to take a look at you...lol 





P1150194
Play

They built a new viewing platform, its not all that new but I just found out how to get to it! This is the same lake that has the photo blind on the other side...I could not see the photo blind that area does not have an opening to view the opposite bank...I Also noticed the wild life camera Make sure you look around before you go behind a bush.  Big Brother is watching.   



I always enjoy watching Belted King Fisher this one was pretty far out in the pond...but I could hear him as he soared off his perch and made his crazy dives into the water for a meal..





The wild flowers are slowly being replaced with the brown of fall...but still some surprises out there to find...


This park goes through burns regularly.  I noticed while hiking many of the charcoal trees look like sculpture.  Here's a few I enjoyed looking at...










Mays Lake was so calm good reflections....





Eastern Fence Lizard







The trees had such beautiful light behind this small flock of geese...

The last week of October is here...and then before we know it the year will end...
If I were to do a highlights post of this year Im afraid it would be a dismal read so that is not going to happen...hopefully we will be about celebrating a better year for 2021. 

OH and Have a Safe Hallow's Eve..

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

8 comments:

  1. What a nice day you had at your favorite place. Will the Geese stay for the winter? So many pretty birds around your area and still some colorful flowers. Yes the burns have created some odd sculptures.

    While you had humidity we had some overnight freeze and low 50's for the daytime. but we will be back in the 80's soon much to soon for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, the weather is alway a surprise. There are many non migrating geese in these parts, if they stay on that pond or not can't say. They may move to better feeding if they need to. I see so many of those odd ball tree remains when Im hiking there...they are hard to photo.

      Delete
  2. That looks a good trip and fine weather. We have had lots of rain here and today 4 - 6 inches are due, not much cycling in this weather for me.

    I haven't noticed the change in photo size but will have a look , I suspect that with so many blogs and photos, the storage space needed was huge, so maybe thats why they were reduced. I can see them charging for blogs along the lines of Flickr. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, I hear you on the going to a payment system..I could see that coming as well. Hope you made it through all that rain we had wind today from Zeta.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Wonderful photos and videos from your walk. The Geese, Warbler, Song Sparrow and Kingfisher are great sightings. I think my warblers have finally left. We are having cloudy and rainy days lately, not good for walking. The trees and wildflowers are beautiful, one tree is like perfectly shaped. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, that tree does have the perfect shape...its so majestic looking. Many of the local spots I looked for warbler at have undergone change..one was a barren field that got planted with corn, not good another the county park they did away with the woods trail so no good, and the other park has been so heavily visited this year its impossible to deal with all the noise and movement...so I kind of struck out!

      Delete
  4. Lovely walk and green... and the interesting “charcoal sculptures”.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie, When Im hiking along and come across these "charcoal sculptures" it reminds me of how in town the bronze statues get all the attention so I felt the need to share...lol

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!