Friday, April 17, 2020

In Memory of Casey 2004-2020

SADLY....

My Sweet Little Buddy Casey has departed this Earth for places unknown...


He came into my life on Sept 24th  of 2014, so I had him going on 6 yrs....I think he was about 10 when I first found him...you can read that blog post here in case you were not a reader back in those days...

He was an explorer and he loved to travel, I took him all over the USA with me, he was my trusty shotgun rider for many thousands of miles...From Canada to California, from Florida to Washington From Colorado to Texas, he was a good camp dog he rarely barked or disturbed anyone....and he brought joy into my life.



...this was in Florida near the Everglades....and this one we were on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...



Of course I am crushed and fell right back into full grief mode, he was not doing well this entire year but he started with seizures this month and began to have them everyday and it was so brutal on his little body.  He was 16 yrs old best of my knowledge, his teeth were rotten and missing, he was almost completely deaf, and he could barely see as cataracts had clouded his wise eyes...he had been unable  to go outside without help so he had to be hand carried for quite some time now.

He passed in my arms with the help of a kind vet who came outside and spared me the grief of that hospital setting, and Casey and I were sitting in the open barn doors of  the van he loved to ride in so much...he was never a lap dog and he did not like to be held but he allowed me that warm last cuddle which I will never forget. 


His energy and life force live on in my memory and his body was laid to rest in the back yard alongside Breezy and Grizz who went long before him.  He taught me patience, kindness, and love.  His step sisters Annie and Flossie, were at his graveside and that gave me comfort.

 

Try living your life at 10 inches tall and waiting on your Mom to pick you up so you can get back in the house...it was my pleasure. 



Least we forget the Law of the Universe, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...

He came into my life, now he has left my life. 
R,I,P, my forever little friend.
                                                          I will mourn him till I join him.



PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

12 comments:

  1. So sad Sondra, so sorry, you loved him and he returned it, and he had 6 wonderful adventure filled years with you. Like all things that pass they live on in your memory. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave, he is so missed here on the homestead he was little but he cast a big personality onto my world.

      Delete
  2. Sondra, I am so sorry. What cute dog, a wonderful tribute for Casey. Our furbabies are family and they will always be missed. I am glad you and Casey had a wonderful 6 years together.{{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, he was a special little guy who I loved dearly...I know when you take on an older dog you don't get that much time with them...I've had the girls 12 yrs now and I hope I go before they do!

      Delete
  3. Dang it, I posted a comment and it disappeared. I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Casey! What you did for him was amazing, taking him in and caring for him the last six years. What a lucky dog! I am honored to have met that very good boy. Sending love to you and your girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, I really miss him he followed me around home here like my little shadow, he left some hair in your backseat as I recall...lol I just fed the girls their dinner and that made me cry so I put a couple biscuits in his pan and they will steal it later...HE was my blessing.

      Delete
  4. So sorry for your loss of Casey. I remeber when he found you and the immediate love that came to both. He will always be a wonderful memory to carry in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo such a heart warming comment, I loved that little guy he was amazing for his age. He didn't really slow down till just a couple months ago he lived pretty good right up to his last. It's so quiet here now the girls sleep all day he was always in and out exploring the yard, then coming in to watch me, or following me around the yard when I was out there.

      Delete
  5. Oh I remember when sweet Casey came to you. I loved seeing him travel with you and hearing how much he enjoyed it. You gave him as much love as he gave you back and brought as much joy to his life as he did to yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sallie, we had some great adventures together, he really enjoyed being on the move.

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear this Sondra, it seems he had a very good 6 years with you and you'll have those lovely memories x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Pam, I miss him like crazy he seemed to be a happy guy and enjoyed the life he had here.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!