Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hot IDEAS n Cool Tips!

HEY some HOT N COLD tips I thought of...

COOL TIP: 
I'm planning a trip..I know this time of year mosquitoes and gnats will be an issue..last year I bought some of those "Miracle Screens" but the magnets didn't always work, I was looking online for insect netting and planned to sew up a pair for the side and rear doors of the DixxeLand Express....so I can sleep with the doors Open and get nice breezes... BUT then it suddenly occurred to me why do all that when I can BUY these:

Sheer Curtains Ready Made!
DUH I mean its bug netting under a different name! Gotta think outside the box. They are the right size, there's a casing already sewn in, and the edges are finished, the mesh is small enough even NO see'ums can't get through I use spring loaded tension rods to hold em in place...I got 3 panels one for the back doors and 2 for the side doors where I go in and out, $5 each! They come in 84" length also! I wanted green but settled on Black...SO simple!

HOT TIP: Another simple fix Idea I had is this...I am a "clip" person...Im always clipping this, that, and the other...so I have almost a drawer full of all these clips, big ones, small ones, medium ones, but many of them are broken!! For a dollar I can get maybe 3 of them then it dawned on me, I can get 50 of these clips shown below for a buck!! And I can hang my socks on the line with em too!! Use these in place of bag clips they work great even better in some cases!







COOL TIP:
Another thing I got is this...I wish I had some solar power in my van, but I don't YET maybe later when I am free to spend money in that direction...so when I camp I need electricity to run a fan cause if its HOT I can't sleep... as you know electric in camping areas is NOT always available....so I bought this battery operated fan in 5 and 12" sizes! Runs on D-cell batteries! SO no hot nights..And the big one also has a power cord so it can be either/or...got this at Walmart I accidentally photographed the Spanish language side it should say Battery Operated Fan!





                   

HOT TIP:
And I found this cool gadget for when there is no electric and I really dont want to mess with coffee grounds but I LOVE my morning coffee...its called MYJO. I tested it and yippie it works!!  

<---This is a web photo cause I already packed mine away...Its a cool gizmo, it uses K-Cups or you can use the refillable K-Cup that comes with it! You heat the water in a pan, while it heats put your k-cup in the bottom section and screw it onto the reservoir,  fill the reservoir with the hot water, place the lid on the top and place the whole thing over your favorite cup and press it makes a great cup of JO...it may sound like a lot of steps but to get fresh brewed coffee at your campsite without a lot of left over mess to me its awesome! While the water is heating you can be assembling the unit and then PUSH!  I figure this will come in handy more so than a camp coffee pot which is large and cumbersome to store.. his little thing is about 10 inches fully assembled but you can store it unassembled and it takes up almost no space at all..

My last COOL TIP:
 has nothing to with camping but with sewing!
Mom had this shirt it was too big so she gave it to me, I was not liking it much myself but I did like the graphics...SO I laid one of my summer tops on it and cut out a new pattern for this shirt!


left a seam allowance....and restyled it!!

          


          more about my upcoming get away later...

                                                                   

PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

11 comments:

  1. All great ideas, but I especially like the sheer curtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana,It was a DUH moment for me.....sometimes the answer is so obvious! Im enjoying your midwest tour.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, Im going to enjoy wearing it this summer!

      Delete
  3. These are some great tips. Glad you posted these. I already have one of those screen things but the idea of the spring rod is great since there wasn't anywhere to hang it. I'll have to cut it down some and work it into a usable size. I have 4 of those fans I think they breed in my shed. If you use it in and outlet check it every now and then I had them burn out and had to use a potholder to unplug it. All the other tips are great too. I have a Melita that I started using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warning on that fan they do look cheaply made! The top casing in the curtain was to tight for my rod so I simply turned it upside down and I'm using the hem as my top ITS plenty wide!

      Delete
    2. The fans work great it's the adapter to outlets that isn't very good. And my screen thing was to small so I will get some of those curtains.

      Delete
  4. Such a smart lady you are whether camping , remaking a house or a shirt, you can do it all and do it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good ideas. You definitely are good at thinking outside the box. I don't even drink coffee but love the little Myjo. Maybe i should print up some Myjo handouts to put on neighboring RVs when they turn on their generator at 6:30 to make coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a marvelous idea! Generators "generate" angry neighbors! Im a little concerned about that since where Im headed there are no hook ups and this is HOT and steamy East--

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!