Saturday, September 27, 2008

Arches NP

My sis and I went to visit a lot of places when I visited her in the summer of 2008.  Flickr ate all my old photos so Im redoing this post and adding back the photos.


On the way we passed this truck,




Our visit to Arches NP, 




Right away we are dazzled by the beauty..this formation is called Park Avenue...


I forgot the name of this but I think 3 sisters is a good name....it may be the 3 Kings, or the 3 Wise Men...

North and south windows 


The Landscape Arch, has a very narrow place after a big chunk fell off several years back 


The Delicate Arch stands alone on the rocky landscape...






North Window up close,,


I believe this is called Ham Rock

the Sand Dune Arch...


And now Im just going to put up some sights I have forgotten the name of some....







the fiery furnace 

Of course I took hundreds of photos,,,,these are some of my favorites...I hope to add more of that epic 2008 trip.  



1 comment:

  1. I checked about the photo fees. Fees and permits are only required under certain conditions according to the NPS link. http://www.nps.gov/aboutus/doingbusinesswithus.htm

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!