I found Magic Mesh at Walmart, but long before Walmart had these already made up and ready to use I used to make my own. Slide an adjustable spring/tension rod into your screen curtain at the top and insert between your doors , and you have a great bug screen without keeping the doors closed in your RV, or Van
I put one of those sun shades in the windshield to give me privacy! Its the simplest thing to do also keeps the sun out if you want it cooler inside...you can cut one of these into pieces to fit on your car windows too! Just attach a tab at the top (use duct tape)...roll the window up on the tabs and the shade hangs in the window...or if you want to keep the window open make the tabs longer place over the top of the door, hang the shade on the door then shut the door, you get ventilation and privacy.Works as good as a black out curtain.
- I got one of these Hand Pumps for blowing up air mattresses. It is inexpensive, its easy to use and it requires no electric! It will work on your water float devices, your inflatable sleep pads, or your full sized air beds! And it doubles as an arm workout!
- I purchased and use this Coleman SUV mattress for my Van. I blow up the mattress (using my hand pump) and place on top of the van bench bed! I don't blow the bed up firm...I keep it a little squishy and then its very comfy! It has one side non skid and so I place this side UP so my sleeping bag wont slide around on it! It has the extra section that if your van or SUV is smaller just don't blow that section up! IT's easy to deflate, just roll and squeeze the air out.
- For food storage I use The Coleman 40 Quart Power Chill its a cooler that you can plug into your 12 volt power source or into an electric outlet when you get to the campground! You can use it in 2 positions upright or down like an ice chest. I even keep ice in a closed container so it doesn't damage the element inside. This is the second year I've used it ...works very well! It takes the same space as any 40 qt cooler.
- On my recent trip I opted to get a real chair...I've had enough of those saggy quad chairs that don't last and give no support to your back! I went to Big Lots and got this one..its comfy, it folds up and I was a happy camper with it!
- And this tip on driving etiquette, I saw this in my copy of Arizona Highways Magazine this month...on a narrow road where its hard for 2 vehicles to pass by each other, the uphill vehicle has the right of way! I didn't know that!