Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Bright Spot

What a difference a week makes! NO rain for 3 whole days and cool and sunny! Makes the work go much better when I'm not sweating bullets with the heat n humidity.  I didn't even need the fan yesterday when I painted...I finished painting the Sunroom...I LOVE it, its quirky and fun...and GREEN!

and BLACK AND WHITE!    
This room is off the screen porch and has a cement floor....so I decided to have some fun with that...I still have to touch up some black to white bleed, but I really LIKE IT....the screen porch floor will be next, I will paint it mostly black but some checkerboard maybe in the alcove area.  I guess I should have taped it out so it would have been perfect, but perfect is boring...I don't have time for perfect!


I removed the sash style window and put in plate glass,,,,at first I thought I would close up this window all together, but on the other side is the kitchen and it needs all the light it can get so Im planning to put a stained glass applique up...I used a section of the plate glass that was in the East facing wall of windows...the top center one, I took it to be cut down the width was perfect, but it was a little too long, and the glass shop did it for me and didnt charge me! That was sweet...did I mention I dont have a budget? The funding for my repairs is coming from selling off the extra stuff on ebay!! 




That's the glass in its new location...Yep the water heater is in this room, and an old vent pipe, I've got a plan to find or build from scraps a cabinet I can slide over it and slide off if it needs service. I may be moving the laundry to this area too, not decided yet, but I THINK SPACE has to have a JOB...so now this space needs a job..a purpose.


SO THAT a BRIGHT SPOT for sure!! 



This old enamel table is one I've had for a LONG time, it was sitting in the old Greenhouse I used it at one time as a potting table, BUT yikes,,,, the legs have decayed sooo, ITS gonna get new legs, and gonna sit in this room by the sunny window! I would love to put all Retro Looking things in this room!  Shouldn't be hard since everything I own is RETRO! HA.




PEACE

Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

10 comments:

  1. This room is so incredibly awesome! Way to go Sondra. We LOVE IT! Glad you liked your soap too. :) Again, FANTASTIC JOB on your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys, I know how creative you both are so I take a compliment from y'all very seriously!! :o)

      Delete
  2. I love the room...and it looks perfect to me (a perfect room is what pleases the person who lives in it). It shouldn't be hard to find a useful way to cover that water heater... our RV has cupboards and shelfs everywhere covering utilities... I'm sure you can do it

    You are doing a fabulous job -- I only wish I were half as talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, fun, fun room!! I'm glad to see someone not afraid of a little color. I can't believe all the progress you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic job you've done Sondra.
    I love the colour too. So bright and clean looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl you be styling with that lime green room and when your bored LOL you can play hopscotch ; )!!
    It look wonderful, working in the heat can be a bummer, so it was nice you could open up when you was painting!! They say it's odorless but get in a tight room in that stuff and yuck!!
    I have an old table like that in my basement!! It has pink legs !! I painted them that color when I was teenager because I used it as a desk in my room : )))

    You are doing such a good job, who needs men anyway!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grace you hit the nail on the head, the paint is called Lime Green! The porch is a place where I could have some fun with some color and so I figured I'd GO FOR IT. I love it too, its so bright even on a cloudy day.

      Delete
  6. I love your funky green room and checkered floor! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sun room. What could be more perfect than green? I also love your thoughts on perfection. It wouldn't be any fun if you had to worry about every speck of paint. Anyway, who's going to notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you live with a DIY'er in Ron, you know perfection is a difficult thing to find, but we can get close enough and be happy with ourselves!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!