Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March Madness?


"You don’t need to be a doctor to immediately realize how we feel better when we are outside, in nature."


and it is so...



finally got some Toms displaying...love is in the air for sure.



Just as figured I got my yellow throated warbler in the 5 mile the very next day after seeing it in Lee County at the Wetland by the cemetery...found it in my hotspot Goodale SP.

yt warb
if the Video does not play you may click here https://flic.kr/p/T6TwKW

I've had black n white warbler right here in the yard no photo dang it he caught me when I was outside with no camera with me...also had a prothonotary answer my phishing! No sighting yet but I'm hopeful...If I don't see him by end of March I'll add it on the heard only. 




And here is another sign of Spring...the E Tiger Swallowtail the plum tree in the pasture is blooming and bringing in the pollinators. 


Had a really beautiful fox squirrel in the 5 mile radius...his tail was so amazing!



I didn't get him and his entire tail in this shot!





He was sooo lovely! 


fox sq.
if the Video does not play you may click here https://flic.kr/p/24CvCg8

Had an Anhinga at the hotspot also this gives me 6 with the Prothonotary that I have not reported yet as I want a photo...since ebird says it is rare, but truthfully it is NOT rare in this park...saw the first one ever in my life right there many years ago.  So to be sure it was the Prothonotary I played the call and got a few answers in 3 different directions...exact replies...but up so high in the pines I could not get my eyes on it under bleak skies...Hopefully the sun will return and I can get a photo. They will be moving on to swampier digs when the spring moisture dries out...I really gotta try for this one.  Maybe I can get a recording if not a photo.

BEFORE


AFTER




 so simple eh?


Today was another gloomy cold day and I tried one stop to refind the Prothonotary and no go...must keep trying.
I really need a string of good weather to get my March Bird Brackets to move up!  Here is my kind of March Madness. 








This post is defying all my attempts to format so who knows what the end product will look like.  ON A weird note, the prism in my binoculars suddenly came loose...it was rattling around inside the left side.  I was able to disassemble it and reattach the prism...but now the focus wheel is out of whack as I took that off and have not been able to get it back right yet! I will keep trying but it could be that I have NO Bins that are in good shape...my old ones have a blur to them so they're no good.  



Peace
Everyday is a new Adventure!

15 comments:

  1. There is no question that encounters with nature are therapeutic, and those turkeys and the Yellow-throated Warbler would be therapy in spades. Sorry to hear of your binocular woes. That's like cutting off your right hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, I was so pleased to find the turkey display in 2 different places within the radius...and picking up trash has always been important to me, I can't get it all but every little bit helps!
      I was able to repair my binoculars but have not tried them out yet we had high wind and then rain so Im hoping tomorrow! I did however make one big mistake I should have worn plastic gloves to avoid fingerprints on the interior prisms! Hopefully they won't interfere with bird Id's.

      Delete
  2. Your videos of the yellow throated Warbler singing is wonderful and that is a beautiful squarrel, never have seen one like that before. Sure hope you get a shot of the birds you want. Picking up trash is such a great thing you do. I saw all kinds of trash in my yard and need to get out there but the winds are so strong who knows where the stuff is coming from, just some nasty slob who just threw on the ground or maybe out of a passing garbage truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the wind is probably blowing in the trash to the yard...I get a few bottles tossed on my verge that is by the road..so frustrating.
      I hope to go back over tomorrow if its calm and try for the warbler.

      Delete
  3. How fab is the squirrel! Fingers crossed you manage to get a record of the Warbler. It's lovely to see all the flowers blooming, signs of spring are always a joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These squirrels are so different from the grey squirrel you see robbing the feeders these don't like being around humans...they are all around but not once has one come into my yard! They come in different colors too, from solid black to this grey with the markings on the face.

      Delete
    2. Yes the grey is what we see everywhere here too! The Fox Squirrel is gorgeous and how interesting their colours vary so much.

      Delete
  4. Hello, it is relaxing to be out in a nature setting. Hearing the birds singing is one of my favorite things. The fox squirrel is pretty. Love the warbler and turkeys. The place looks much nicer with the trash gone, my hubby will take bags along for the trash he picks up during his hikes. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently live for these short excursions out to view nature...without it I'd be a vegetable.

      Delete
  5. Those turkeys look great, I never realised that the males were called Toms. Yes Spring is on its way here too and yesterday was the Equinox and so the days lengthen. The butterflies have been out here too. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The male turkey's are so beautiful when they puff up and display...I hope to see some young when the time comes...Im keeping my eye on both these flocks in my radius.

      Delete
  6. So true ... being out in nature is healing (and preventive). Great bird finds and pictures as always.... sorry about the binoculars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie, I was able to repair the binoculars, but they are not as crisp as they were so eventually I will have to replace them!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!