Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Butterfly Magik

Summer is gone finally.  I busy myself with all the many chores around the homestead. It took about a week to pick up all the downed limbs and twigs from the storm(s).  We interred John's ashes into the cemetery plot he had purchased back in 1999.  He picked his own stone etc...he later decided he wanted to go with cremation and he tried to sell his plot.  He was not able to and finally just gave up.  So we did both.  He is resting in his plot in a lovely Urn, and I have a small one on the mantle.  I dealt with losing him long ago but still there is pain inside me to deal with.  I cry a little each day and add that to the years of tears cried. 

Slowly I hope nature will help me...right now I'm closed off...but I know soon the shield will be moved and I will be open again to feeling, enjoying, and experiencing.  In fact my son and I took a walk the other day and we found this beautiful sight best seen in motion.  I know John would have loved it...he was close to nature when he was in his prime.  I will be back when I can find my words again.  I'm still exploring the idea of Vlogging, it's a way to explore being creative and sharing. 




Hope you all have a good week. 


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely video. Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I was amazed at the number of critters on this one bush of iron weed!

      Delete
  2. Getting over and coping with a bereavement is different for us all and having your son there as company helps. I enjoyed the video, I make very few videos and there are a lot of new techniques to learn when you have only ever done still photography. So all the best and spending time away from the blog is not a bad thing but I hope you dont abandon the blog completely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying playing with the videos it's a way to just live in the moment and get lost in Now. I am not going to stop my blog, just some changes for now.

      Delete
  3. Hello Sondra, love the butterflies and video. You should take however long you need to grieve and mourn the loss of your husband. It is good you have your son their you can help each other. I do hope you continue to blog. Wishing you peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen, peace is my ultimate destination...a place I have sought to reside my whole life. Thank you kindly.

      Delete
  4. Great video. Take your time and do what you need to do to reconcile yourself with all that has gone on in your life recently. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David...I've never been very good at pretending, when Im upbeat it's real and when Im not its real..hopefully I will find my happy again.

      Delete
  5. A lovely moment to capture on video, watching Butterflies is quite soothing I think. I hope you find solace in nature, it's a wonderful way help with healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam...I was so amazed I ran home and got my camera and I was so happy they were all still there when I got back.

      Delete
  6. Aw that's beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, it was the bright spot in our world this week.

      Delete
  7. Somehow missed this earlier; grateful I have you on my Feedly list because this post was definitely NOT to be missed. The buckeyes are so beautiful on that purple flowering bush (wildflower?) and you are great with the video camera -- loved how you showed how there were so many and then zoomed in on a closeup of their beautiful patterns. Just lovely. And again, my sympathy ... I know the sadness doesn't just go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sallie, even tho we had not lived together for many years we shared many memories and years of love together that doesn't just go away so dealing with it has been challenging, just when your day is going good then there is some reminder and the tears and sadness return...but I know grief has to be experienced so I just cry it out and then go on.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!