Wednesday, April 5, 2023

In Memory Of Sondra Walling 4/03/2023

It is with regret that I announce the passing of my sister Sondra. She passed away at home Monday Evening April 3rd. I am so glad I was able to be here with my sister these past 6 months. My sister was very appreciative of the people who read her blogs and interacted with her. I know she enjoyed meeting some of you over the years during her travels. She was a free spirit and independent thinker. I wish I had half the grit and determination she had and her mechanical mind! She loved all her travels to many places in the USA and even Canada. I learned so much from my sister about nature, birdwatching and animals. She rescued many animals throughout her life and nursed them back to health and released them back into the wild or found homes for many of the dogs she rescued. She kept 2 dogs from the last group of 7 dogs she rescued, Annie and Flossie. Annie is still with us and she will be going home with me when I return to Colorado. I am posting a link to my sister's obit below and appreciate anyone adding a memory or sharing an experience or interaction you had with her over the years. She was a strong supporter of the equine rescue network that helps save horses, mules, donkeys and burros. I know she would love any donations to that rescue. She is on to her next journey whatever that is. We love you Sis.

https://powersfuneralhome.net/tribute/details/4298/Sondra-Walling/obituary.html#tribute-start

Thank you,
Her Kid Sister Marsha






PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

5 comments:

  1. Marsha, so sorry for your loss and to the rest of the family. Please know this is very sad news for me. We were Blogger Buddies for many years and I had the pleasure of meeting Sondra while she was on the road and came through Tucson, AZ.. Sondra has such a great mind in all things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, Sondy spoke of you often and that she had met you when she went to Arizona one year. You all were like family to her. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Thank You Marsha, for letting us know of Sondra's passing. We lost a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I never met Sondra in person only through blogging but I felt like I knew her well. We both loved the birds, dogs and all animals. I could tell she had a big heart. She will be missed. Sending heartfelt sympathy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen, We appreciate your kind words. She was such a great person and lover of nature and all animals. We will miss her so much. Marsha

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!