Sunday, March 8, 2020

Week of Moments

When we think about life and the entirety of it, it seems so short this is why we must reflect on the moments...that is where the reality is The sum of ones life can't be measured in years but must be measured in the days, the hours, the minutes, the seconds, and the moments and when that moment is too short we hold onto a memory...my salvation is the time capsule of moments I carry inside. 
Mom and I went to this poll many times together, and when it got hard for her I took her to early voting, and then I got the mail in ballot for her... Super Sad Tuesday for me. 

We had a week of almost solid rain! It totally sucked.  On the good days I went on little short trips to look for whatever moment in time would put a smile on my face or even a twinkle in my eye...or bring back some wonderful bittersweet moments.  On this day that place was a Sewage Pond! Doesn't take much to make me happy!  A Surf Scoter had been reported at a Water Treatment pond so I had to go see for myself.  He is way over in that far corner.

The man who worked there thought me strange, I don't think he has too many women come to stare at this cesspool he overseas, so I explained...and he was impressed, for at least a moment!


I don't know what "clams" this sea duck pulled out of this but he kept diving for something...Since I was in the area I went to Lee State Park and checked on things there had the place to myself ... 



NO wait a moment, I stand corrected



high bush blueberry 


 Sometime we have to look for the silver lining even when it's hidden in plain sight...

...and then something moved....

see the Song Sparrow?

can you spot the Swamp Sparrow?


They sure do blend in1  Both very similar but it's those subtle differences that separate them.  An old friend came by to say hello, for a moment, this FOY
White Breasted Nuthatch.





A sweet sleepy Field Sparrow takes a moment to nap out in the sun...im sure it feels wonderful after all the damp cold days we've had and are still having, it's raining and cold as I type this. 



Remember dandelions are our friends...let there be Bee moments


..yes they do and some times they leave a little something behind....two cases of the "virus" are reported in our state and one is in MY county! Scary stuff.  


Red-shouldered Hawk fly-by took less than a moment.
I have some some good moments on the horizon. 
Cross your fingers NO RAIN!

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

15 comments:

  1. I chuckled at your comment about the sewage pond. Miriam has told people more than once that I took her on an outing to a sewage farm not long after we met, and she wondered what she was getting into! We're still together, however, and we've visited a few more since then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL...we tend to head to some not so cool locations as birders don't we? I hope to go back there today and recheck to see if he is still there my Sis is visiting and she can use that one for her life list!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed all your lovely birds (and bees), laughed at that tiny trailer ...someone was very creative! Envied the nice flight shot! .... every milestone for this year and on will be hard, but I bet there are not too many who would think about Election Day as one of them. Just reinforces what I already knew about how your mom stayed engaged and interested in life as long as she lived it! None of us can really hope for more. (I hope someone helps me do that the way you helped her,).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie, Mom was always eager to do her part to make the bigger picture in life better for everyone, that includes voting for decent people to lead our country.

      Delete
  3. Love the bail painted like my favorite little trailer. Great pictures at the cesspool LOL love it. The little sparrows do blend right in. The bird if flight is awesome. Hope the weather is good for your upcoming adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, that hay bale is very cute I would never have thought of that...We have a nice day on tap so hopefully we will be out about in nature!

      Delete
  4. Your weather sounds rough but I'm so glad you found some dry moments to get out and about. The Surf Scoter is great, and Field Sparrows are just so sweet looking. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it continues to be rain with intermittent sun...so we just have to roll with the flow! Good to see you.

      Delete
  5. I must admit I didn't notice the Sparrows in your photos were different at first! I love that you visited the sewage works, they birds do seem to favour them sometimes! There's always something to jog a memory isn't there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, the Sparrows are all so similar it can boggle the mind...the pudding is in the details as they say.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful - Fantastic Rolling Camper There

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Spring is on its way, migrants are arriving from warmer climes and the flowers are beginning to show. What I really like is the tree leaves emerging and its noticeable looking out of the window as the woods on the other side of this valley are very gradually changing. If only it would stop raining here as there is hardly a day without some rain. That decorated bale made me smile.
    Have you done any trip planning yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, I wish I had some big travel plans on tap but currently that's not happening. Just local here and there's will have to do. Many obstacles in my path right now. One of which is Casey. I have not mentioned him much but he grows more frail by the day. RAIN Is all we get anymore it's depressing!!

      Delete
  8. Hello Sondra, I think we have a sewage pond here that the birders love to visit. Neat sighting of the Surf Scoter. That rolling camper is cute. Love the sparrow and nuthatch. I do not see a Field Sparrow around here. I wish! It seems like we have been getting a lot of rain, the snow was missing this year. Happy birding, have a great day! PS, thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!