Saturday, May 16, 2015

No Rules

I actually put some of the living area together! AND  I'm breaking all the rules when it comes to interior design!! Nothing is in Stone.

Even tho my son ended up changing jobs and actually is moving farther away ...For now..SO that means he won't be renting the house as planned.  I am very disappointed to say the least--but I have to move forward....the future is not set!

Still have 3 huge projects and lots of small ones before this house is DONE...(the bathroom, the deck, and moving the shed)  but the bathroom was the one I had planned to get done before they moved in, and the rest could have waited, today I began the demo of the attic stairway it is GONE...now a new one has to be purchased and put in..meanwhile I am moving stuff around to where it will end up-most of the tools are still spread out on the counter top so I have to do a major "pick up" and the stove has 3 yrs of  construction grime on it but everything is coming together...


the fridge is painted and IN the house after spending 2 yrs on the back porch, it needs to be shoved back into place the ice maker tubing has to be run first... I think my blue galss collection will look fab sitting up there!  And the dining room is almost put together....


One of these old parson's chairs had the seat broken out so I put in a different bottom I have a piece of the same fabric I will make them match eventually..and some match stick blinds are on the way for these windows this is a west facing wall so a lot of sun blares in during the afternoons the shades will make a big difference in the temperature in the room!

                     
                       

I know most people make the fireplace a focal point and that would be good but with this monster sofa, that I guess I'm keeping for now, is all about TV viewing not fireplace watching besides this is S. Carolina we only have a fire if the electric goes out and its cold..SO imagine a flat screen on that wall...in front of the couch..I'll order 2 matching match sticks for these windows soon as my pay pal builds back up with ebay sales, didn't have one single sale this week.):(


The bath tub is still hanging out in the small entry (that door goes to the deck) but it will be moved soon to the back porch now I have room since the fridge is no longer there..I can clean it up and get it ready for painting! I want a claw foot tub and I know where one is for sale---$200 but...lol who knows what will eventually go in this bathroom!!




The coffee table is still upside down in front of the couch  Ill flip it when I get some floor protectors on it..I  don't have a rug for the living room yet the one I had in there was all pastel colors so its moving to a bedroom.. I may go with that oval one I liked  at Lowes, I would adore a braided rug for this room if I could find one! 

                   

I have 2 of these tables...I may make the other one look exactly like this one and put them back to back for more counter space... I also have a small island I could put here and use these small tables in the new entry for keys and stuff by the door...Still early and nothing is in stone..An island of some kind will go in this open space..

On Monday I have to go back to Occupational therapy! I went for my 18 month check up and the Orthopedic was not happy with my left hand, I have accepted it, he has not, so he offered me some free sessions so I said Okay...I feel its a waste of time but I will try!  I can do a lot with my hand, it just is not Perfect or Normal and never will be but I'm happy to have what I DO Have....I would go back and get my rock solid hand but I can't.... meanwhile I just keep plugging away I won't let that stop me from trying!

PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

3 comments:

  1. It sure is coming along nicely. that sure is a big sectional. So I take it you will rent the house furnished
    I think you may be surprised by what therapy might do. I was not happy with my left knee replacement but figured no pain was good enough. Now that I have been going to exercise class I can't believe how much more movement I have in that leg. I like your attitude and yes just keep plugging away

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the poster woman for plugging away. The house is looking great, sorry to hear your son must move, but at that age work is the important consideration. Go do the therapy and give it a chance... Maybe it wii work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it seems good that the therapist thinks he can improve your hand motion. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!