Sunday, February 2, 2020

Fact or Fantasy

Fact: Rant off the bat:
I found yet another dead beaver! That's the 3rd in the past 6 months...and all on the same  road, but a few miles apart.  So upsetting to me.  When I read about how important they are to the creation of forest, I just can't believe people don't recognize that importance!  They are natural forest builders...part of a system as old as time!  So remember Beavers are GOOD! People who exterminate them are BAD! SO its the Dept of Agriculture that is killing our beaver! I found a notice attached to a tree It basically said they set traps and those traps and ANY animal in the trap is the property of the Dept of AG,..oh I beg to differ!  I better not find one in a trap...

    I took this in MN back in 2016, and I picked up some of those wood chips "beaver chewed wood"

Fact: Simple Solutions:
Well it's the beginning of another week...my son JT and I got Mom's front yard all ready for spring... we removed as many leaves as we could and yet there is still plenty left behind.  Our soil is so sandy and acidic. We have all the deciding factors to make soil acidic...high organic decay, (leaf matter) leeching due to high rainfall amounts, acidic parent matter, like pine needles...and in the past planting/harvesting of high yielding cotton!  So I sprinkle my fireplace ash on the yard it helps to balance the ph of the soil. 

Fantasy: Will the Groundhog see his shadow or not. It's barely been winter up to now. Whether Phil sees his shadow or not, I predict an early end to winter!  Soon we will have 2 seasons, HOT and HOTTER...Heavy snowfall does not mean the planet is not warming, to the contrary it means the opposite,  a warmer planet means more moisture! Ah-ha!  Of course if you're a climate change denier, you will argue that point and that will just  make my brain hurt more...HUH? This white-tailed deer was right outside my window this morning...she def had no shadow but if she came by an hour later she would have and then an hour after that she would not...ping/pong/Punxsutawney Phil.

I've been going bonkers over sparrows lately...Like this really red Fox Sparrow.



And a very red Song Sparrow




And a cute little Field Sparrow...dig that eye ring!



And a White-Throated Sparrow up high...dig that yellow!


In order for color to exist we need Sunlight! 



And I got a new bird in my 5 mile radius today, the Radius Challenge ended on Dec 31st, Today it was #125 The House Wren!  I wasn't fully able to conclude the last two months of the challenge Nov and Dec was like a foggy dream to me...However I want to continue to keep track of my 5 mile patch. Of all the  participants 20 really happy people had 200+ birds in their 5 mile! A Texas Birder had 271----> WOW!



 It would be fantastic if we could have this blue sky every minute of every day! As the Planet warms up moisture builds so we will see less blue cloudless skies! Eventually I imagine we will have blankets of clouds layered thickly between us and the Blue of the Blue Planet...I can imagine some sort of craft that takes humans up to see this magnificent Blue Sky that once was visible but is no longer. I can also imagine each year this craft will have to go higher and higher until it becomes obsolete because there is no more blue...Our planet will become a moss and mushroom covered dreary damp place.  Heavy moisture will give humans lung disease.  Every day will be a bad hair day.  We will no longer be living in wooden homes, those will decay and fall down!  It will have to be stone or some type of synthetic stone. We may develop gills think "Water World."  Some will think a Rainbow was only a myth.

All sorts of Super Viral Bugs will kill millions as they flourish in a damp humid environment. The trees will fail as many are not well suited for that type moisture.  Shallow roots will give way when even a gently breeze comes along. Trees need lots of sunlight to make food and to go through the seasonal changes. Fruit trees, and crops will fail.  Heavy wet winter snow will break and damage trees, roofs, roads, and the ground. Earth slides will become a daily  danger.  Eventually it becomes too warm for winter to exist, Jungle Rains will bring erosion and  will leech and change growing fields into muddy wastelands! Not a very good place to live...wow I think I could write a fiction novel about the Earth before and after..or will it be fantasy?





Cherished souvenir: beaver chewed wood from MN.

Monday it rained part the day...Tuesday it rained overnight...Friday a complete rain out.  How's your weather?  We currently are reaping what we have sown. Cause and Effect.


Fact: The US Senate and the Potus should realize...Karma is the Ultimate Judge in our Universe! ;o)


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

15 comments:

  1. Hello, love the deer and all your sparrows, nice variety. The Fox Sparrow is a beauty! Sorry about the beaver, I could not kill any living thing. We have not had much snow this winter, but it is not over yet. We have all of February and even March can be snowy and cold. I am a climate change believer, it is happening. Our weather is like a yo-yo, one day it is winter and the next it is like an early spring day. It seems corporate greed and corrupt politicians are the norm now..Wishing you a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head Eileen...The corrupt Senate we have MUST be put back into check they are out of control..I love the Fox Sparrow and that one up there sang a beautiful song for me...I was spell bound!

      Delete
  2. Climate changes are frightening and it amazes me how people can deny it in the face of so much evidence. The cry is out that we need to change in the next decade but personally I think we have passed the point of no return. Its a bleak future for our children and grandchildren.
    There is a lot of evidence that beavers do so much good in controlling water flow and helping to diffuse flash flooding. We have re introduced beavers in certain parts of the country because of this. Its part of a long term study project and their effect will be closely monitored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy to hear that the UK is embracing the natural engineer the Beaver, who is at fault is the road builders who don't do environmental studies prior to building roads! They just don't get it! I would agree to relocation but killing them OMG how sad! THEY drown them by catching then in a cage underwater and it can't come up for air how cruel and horrible!

      Delete
  3. So many pretty sparrows you have out your way. Love that you had a deer right outside your window. I heard that fire ash is good to help with acidic dirt and sandy soil.

    Its said about the beavers such a sick world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, it's almost time foe the deer to show up with their fawns, Im excited about that. Today it was 79 degrees here!

      Delete
    2. 68 here and tomorrow 48 for the high

      Delete
  4. Beavers are misunderstood and much maligned. It is a keystone species providing habitat for so many other creatures. As for your vision for the future, the earth will survive and recover, but I doubt that humans will be around to witness it. Ooops, sorry I forgot all those people who have been raptured up will be sitting on a cloud watching it. Silly me, how could I overlook that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, yes those raptured ones will be A O K up there in the clouds, but with all the moisture they won't be able to see us...lol
      I want to research the entire issue and see if I can come up with a solution! I need to find some Data, and I don't know where to begin!

      Delete
  5. Oh it's just awful about the Beavers, they have been reintroduced in places across the UK in recent years and now the government are looking at their impact, of course there are people who are not happy about it!

    The photos of the Sparrows are lovely, I was just talking to my husband yesterday about the different Sparrows outside the UK as we just have the two - House & Tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not aware that the UK has only 2 sparrow I really love sparrows they can be hard to tell apart sometimes tho...Im just sick about the treatment of the Beaver, it makes no sense to me at all.

      Delete
    2. We do oh and a Dunnock, which used to be called a Hedge Sparrow but actually isn't a Sparrow! Yes i'm waiting to hear what the Government decide on the reintroduced ones here!

      Delete
    3. One thing I read was they do better if they have some hybridization in their bloodline...more genes in the gene pool.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Little Fox Sparrows And How Are Your 3 Best Buddies These Days??

    Be Well
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY 3 best buddies are doing pretty good! Casey is moving pretty slow these days but he still making his rounds in the yard and eating his meals, Im happy to report. The Girls will have their 12th birthday on July 4th and they are fat n lazy and loving life.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!