Monday, September 3, 2018

Present but not accounted for...

I'm not posting much! Guess you noticed...anyway you're not missing out on my life, cause it's currently on a different track.  Not to worry it's not forever I keep telling myself.  However I am reading your posts and trying to keep up.  

Weather report: Blistering HOT and completely MUGGY 24/7 Three solid months straight!

 I have not posted a new Bird photo to my Flickr Albums since the 14th of July! That is a record for me I do think...my interest has been elsewhere this summer, so I pulled these from my archives..to illustrate my point.  



                                                                   Northern Cardinal

Birds are in the Yard:



                                                                   Ruby Throated Hummer, 




Great Crested Flycatchers, Northern Cardinals, Carolina Chickadees, Carolina Wren, Brown Headed Nuthatch, House Finch, Yellow Billed Cuckoo, Blue Jay, American Crow, Pileated Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Pine Warbler, Yellow Rump Warblers, Eastern Bluebirds, Eastern Phoebe's, Summer Tanagers,...


                                                                       Summer Tanager

And the Tufted Titmouse



from the Spring...

and soon my fall arrivals will be moving in and I'm sure to see some Black and White, Yellow Throated, and Yellow Warblers, along with Northern Parula, Hermit Thrush... no telling what else may pop into the yard on their way to someplace else!


black n white warbler


Phoebe's are good to keep gnats, skeeters, and other flying insects out of the yard..



Eastern Phoebe

Deer: have had a large herd showing up in the pasture 8 at one time including 2 young bucks, and 2 fawns, now losing the spots and the rest does.   It's a real treat to see them come in to graze...the young bucks did a little sparing with each other...sometimes they jump the fence and graze in the yard.

 





under the leaning martin house

This youngster was on the wrong side of the fence...


And the Golden Rod is blooming! A sure sign fall is around the corner..



Labor Day the official end of Summer! Thank Goodness...


Got one more project completed..here's a video of my effort...I really have to get better at this video thing, I cut myself off in mid-sentence, I get my reflection too much..and some pretty poor editing...no Oscar forthcoming!
It was 100 degrees when I did this! 






Sound of the pileated woodpecker in the background at 0.51 seconds kinda fun to hear it.  Along with other high piercing insect sounds!

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

18 comments:

  1. Isn’t it great to have a whole series of bird images in your files that you can use whenever the inclination takes you? Fall migration is well underway here so I suspect that you are not far behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David, yes I have years of photos and I hope Flickr never goes belly up or I'll be weeping for sure. I hope you don't take my comment on banding personally, it is just my thoughts on it, I have attended banding projects in the past, and it just left me feeling as I had done more harm than good. I know the data is helpful.

      Delete
    2. I just noticed that you removed the comment and I am not quite sure why. It certainly didn’t offend me.

      Delete
    3. I felt I had been a little harsh so I just reworded it, I am a little bit looney most times ;o)

      Delete
  2. Hello, you do have some great yard birds. I am hoping to see some warblers moving south. The deer are so pretty. Lately both hubby and I carry car keys, just in case we loose one or it gets lock inside. Happy Labor Day, have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy Eileen. Our bird numbers have decreased but each species is still represented...so I'm happy for that. The other day we put the sprinkler on during this dry spell we had right behind a wet spell...and the birds were soooo happy I didn't go out with the camera I didn't want to intrude on their happy dance!

      Delete
  3. Your bird pictures always brings me such joy even if I have seen them before the pictures are just beautiful. Sure did a great job on replacing the window but I know you would.
    Good seeing a post from you again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO! Well I been so immersed in family issues all summer, I don't really have much shareable stuff to post about. So I am observing life around me, but not necessarily taking photos of it.

      Delete
    2. It's great that we have our saved pictures to look at and share again when nothing else is happening

      Delete
    3. Yep I've been filing my photos in Flickr for many years so plenty to chose from!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sondra, around here its that time of year when bird sightings are down, probably due to them lying low whilst moulting and or busy feeding up ready for the migration. Our summer has been one of the the hottest on record with a long period where the temp was above 25C but its cooler now but still pleasantly warm.
    I enjoy your project videos a lot, maybe a tripod will help when you need two hands to do something, you come over as having lots and lots of patience. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should try set up a tripod, and other just snap photos and string those together I do like the video method, and I try to give the info I would want to see on a how to video. MY sister and I replaced a Blower Motor in that same car but it was 103 degrees that day we knew we'd be moaning too much to video it.

      Delete
  5. Great new project video! It’s pretty quiet on the bird front here. Still have two hummers but that’s about all. Migrants are popping up occasionally. Latest were American Redstarts and Yellowrumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im lucky to have a lot of regulars around here and normally what alerts me to any body new is when I hear a new song floating around!

      Delete
  6. 'preciate your letting us know you're alive and well (now you are accounted for!).... and also thank you for sharing your archives. Which are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sallie! It's been a slow long hot summer here! I will be happy to see Fall come on it! I am enjoying your coast photos!!

      Delete
  7. Good to see you post :) and to see the photos. Having the deer so close is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Pam, I had such a boring summer full of family responsibility and very little free days to head out and do what I love and it was SO HOT! Did a lot of Cemetery-ing is that is a word...the deer have been so fun to watch and I's like to put out some corn and a salt lick for them this fall...to keep them off hunter's fields!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!