Tuesday, September 25, 2018

One more trip around the Sun....

Not much warm n fuzzy going on right now in my corner of the woods...I'm about to turn the golden corner as another birthday waxes and wanes, so I'm laying fairly low, still dealing with some of the storm damage, trying to get my ceiling dried out so I can repaint it...


                                                  the ugly

I haven't touched it last couple of days to see how it's going I've got fans on it 24/7.  Not looking forward to it since matching the paint even tho it's just a ceiling flat paint, will be hard, so that will probably mean painting the entire ceiling! NOT what I wanted on my plate as this moment. 

Lot's of change sweeping through my life and the lives of everyone I love...it's been and continues to be a hard summer even tho it has finally ended.
I don't do well with change...emotionally I'm low, energy level is low too.  I think I'd like to sail away.  But for now a drive down to Sandhills NWR will have to do!  We finally had our first summer picnic and it is officially Fall! LoL. 

  
Mom enjoyed herself

We drove around by car and I riding shotgun with Jimmy in the backseat so I didn't see many birds we heard pine warbler, saw blue jays and red bellied woodpeckers, and lots of brown headed nuthatches up in the trees around the picnic shelter.   Mainly we enjoyed the changing landscape it  kinda goes along with the current flow of life...things they are a changin'.


The lake levels were very high thanks to the recent storm I don't think this boardwalk is gonna make it.  


This is also one of our favorite lakes there are many in the refuge, this is Mays Lake.  We agree we really need to get into a kayak and paddle this lake, it has a lot of shoreline and little coves in the back.  Unexplored places entice. 


It was the perfect spot to reflect, on times gone by, time that is, and what will be...



Recall those lines in the old movie Terminator..."the future is not set, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves," I believe that. 

I found this turtle who met his demise here in this peaceful place, his shell remained to show he had been here...is that how life is? We come, we try, we go, and leave an empty shell? Maybe!  SO strange how mankind spends more time trying to "save the soul", and we don't even know if we have one, meanwhile what is right in front of us our Earthly Experience, we ponder so much of it away and only the tattered shell remains...hmmm?


Jimmy said "aw what the heck, may as well just take a little swim."  


So he did!   He loves the water...



Then just shake it off and on to the next big thing!


FALL finally! 

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

16 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post. That was a terrible storm and I keep seeing more evacuations on the news because flood waters are still rising in some areas. Well it sure was a nice day you had for a picnic, your pictures are beautiful as always. Love the one of the many trees reflected in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people were just evacuated due to major flooding most do not have flood ins since that is yet another expense on top of regular insurance!

      Delete
  2. Hello, sorry about your ceiling. I hope you do not have flooding near you. Looks like a great picnic day with your mom and cute Jimmy. Pretty views of the NWR. The reflection of clouds on the lake is beautiful. I try to go with the flow and grin and bear the changes. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's going to be a lot of work may end up cutting that out it is taking so long to dry.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry your summer seems to have been a tough one, I hope you're feeling less low about things soon. I also hope you can sort your ceiling without too much trouble.

    What a beautiful place you escaped to though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to finally be able to spend an entire day outdoors with cooler tempts!

      Delete
  4. A great photo of Jimmy in the water looking at you. Are you able to plan some trips as that can lift your spirits and give you something to look forward to. Patching in the ceiling can be a pain no matter how much you feather in the edges, so good luck. I too have had a milestone birthday but just keep on doing the same things, thats my approach......even if you slow down. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave! I am currently painting the stains out on the ceiling, so far 2 coats of stain blocker has barely changed the color! Once the stains are gone, then I will paint the entire ceiling. It's the only solution really. I had some trips planned but think I will have to cancel! Which I HATE. My grown son had to move back home and it has been a financial nightmare for me! He fell on hard times, lost his job, and landed back at home. He is working now but it takes time to dig out. Right now I'm still trying to keep my own head above water. I'be been doing cemetery runs with my sis local stuff and that is fun...but soon she will be leaving and taking mom with her...so more change. AND my X nearly died had to be resuscitated and is in bad condition. SO all of these family issues has hit me hard. Congrats on your milestone year!

      Delete
  5. Maybe Jimmy’s philosophy is best for all of us? Just shake it off and move on to the next adventure in this life we have. (So much easier said than done. I worry a great deal about those I love...knowing it’s unproductive doesn’t make it stop.). Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly... I'm reading, A New Earth, Awakening To Your Life's Purpose,(Eckhart Tolle) and he says if we can't be at peace till everyone around us is at peace we will never be at peace. LoL. How true. Mom has moved into a new stage of Alzheimer and it almost takes 2 to keep her safe...very difficult situation, as I mentioned above my 37 yo back at home "who is this grown man who was my little boy" we have not been close for quite a few years,he was a daddy's boy... and now everyone is moving to CO! I want to say "HOLD ON a minute." So many tangents in this equation.

      Delete
  6. Oh girl! You hit the nail on the head with your turtle shell musings. Thanks for writing this. I love seeing the pictures of that beautiful refuge. I just want to be and love and witness all the life and love around me. There is so much beauty in this world we are so apt to miss, but musn't! Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, I really can't wait to see what adventures you share with your new Truck Camper it is a fabulous home away from home.

      Delete
  7. It doesn’t get any easier, does it? The arrival of fall meant another birthday for me, too. It was an uneventful summer here, as well. I think the heat affected everyone this year. I’m sorry to learn your son is facing some of life’s challenges. Hopefully he can pull himself up by the boot straps and his presence can be more of a blessing. I’m thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, Im realizing I don't know him at all...it has been very difficult..:o(

      Delete
  8. The turtle shell really is symbolic of so much of life. I think we all have to simply live each day and try to make the very best of all the days that remain. People live, people die. That is really all there is to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true...I am happy when I see a reminder of the life that once was.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!