Thursday, March 15, 2018

On the Way to Somewhere Warm!

Although I am not 100% sure where I'm headed I'm leaving in the morning! To heck with this cold windy spring...I'm outta here! I've been freezing since Labor Day so I am def headed south then west...eventually ending up in (hopefully by then the warm) dry mesa regions of Colorado where my family lives.  The pollen is thick after a few days of rain and now the wind.
<------my pollen covered windshield. 
Updating may or may not happen as I no longer have a MiFi hotspot, but I now have a tiny little smart phone with a tiny little bit of data.  I'm sure it's much smarter than I am...so If I can just learn how to use it and of course that all depends on whether there is a signal where I am-- Probably NOT as I always tend to go off the grid pretty much...I have to learn how to take a photo and how to put it on my blog with this phone that is sometimes a camera..it would be better than nothing I reckon.  I have learned and did a trial run using ebird's Android app...it was easy except for my fingers hitting the wrong key. 
My trusty Panasonic is still hanging in there...I hope if I drop it again, it is to the other side and it may correct it's self? All the trouble is on the left side which means it blurs the left side of the photo..I have to try and get my subject on the right side and that will be the good side...then all is well...duh. 

All the dogs are gonna be tagging along, so I'm sure I'll be a frazzled dog hair covered  wreck by the time it's all said and done...lol They will have a blast! I on the other hand will be worn out from driving and they will be rearing to go for a long walk.  I need a robot, why don't they make a dog sitting and walking robot,,,we need that more than one that vacuums the floor! They watched me load the van today and they have positioned themselves between the  house and the gate so there is no sneaking out...


All the tools in my life are put away and getting a well deserved rest...The fireplace is cleaned out and lined with cedar boughs and pine cones, and a piece of fat lighter full of aromatic pine sap to make the smell of wood smoke go away. I hope it's all just where I left it when I return...and I hope these guys ^^ don't over run everything...and the yard birds will be successful in nesting and our summer birds will be here when I make it back...the dogwood is thinking of opening but my pepper plant I thought would be okay on the porch succumbed to the hard freeze 23 F we had last night! I did not watch the weather man but I thought he said 37...my bad!
See what I mean right side focused!

                                                                     Carolina chickadee

I hope to add to my bird list, and add some new never seen before landscapes to my memory banks, fill up my Flickr photo account with hundreds of photos that I will mislabel and probably never get back to correct... and add a new chapter to My Life My Art, My Journey.  I will catch up with your blogs when I get internet service.  Maybe I will find some free wifi somewhere along the way like I found in Canada, that was a treat.  

I can tell you one thing...I will NOT be going through Atlanta, Georgia! Or St. Louis Missouri! I have sworn off both of those nightmare Traffic Jam cities, I am headed in the direction of South GA, (the dreaded I-95) the Northern Panhandle of FL, Middle TX, and into AZ!  Jo If I get close I will message you! 
All places where I expect to find warmth!! Shorts n flipflops here I come. 

Until we meet again...arrivederci!


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

15 comments:

  1. Have a great trip and come back refreshed. Seems like you really need a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI David, I am in search of warm weather I found it for a while in FL, MS and TX but now Im in Colorado it's a cold rain!

      Delete
  2. I hope you see this before you go! Safe travels -- have a fantastic time. Doesn't sound like you're coming far enough down into Florida to message me :(( but other than that, it sounds like a great travel plan! All our neighbors who live 'up North' complain about going through Atlanta.

    Have a fabulous time -- you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie, I did not make it that far south this time! I do not like the Masses who act like asses in Atlanta Haha.

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you. I hope you make it this way I would love to meet up. Most places have free WiFi now, some places all you have to do is park outside of them. Be safe and post when you can. Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sondra, I cannot find your email address and I tried the one I have but it will not send. want2go60@yahoo.com is mine

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the meet up it was fab!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a road trip I have been wanting to do. It is great just to be able to take off and go. I wish you and your dogs safe travels. Happy birding. Safe travels, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen! It ended up being a wonderful trip I am safely at my Sister's house in Colorado since Thursday.

      Delete
  5. Sounds exciting. Looking forward to following you and reading all about your adventures. Stay safe and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave sorry I was not able to report in real time it just didn't work out for me with the 3 dogs I spent most my free time walking them and taking care of them so blog writing took a back seat and I stayed in mostly boondocks with no mobile or internet service.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your trip, it sounds like it'll be fun......and warm!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!