Monday, March 19, 2018

Notes from the road...

Hello from the highway...

We spent our first night along the GA/FL Line in a place called Traders Hill...large live oaks, with lots of birdsong in the morning...


I found one rest area in Mississippi with WiFi...So far we are having a good trip not great as the weather has turned soggy on us..this was yesterday...


but before that we had a nice trip around Okefenokee Swamp NWR..and that was nice sunny and warm...




Saw lots of gators, and some warblers...the boardwalk was a nice walk with a observation tower at the end..


Northern Parula is everywhere singing loudly 




Aong with Yellow throated Warbler, 



I saw Palm Warblers, 


And Blue headed Vieros,  


Common Yellow Throat...and of course lots of yellow rumped warblers..





I really enjoyed the old  Chesser Swamp Homestead, much like my Granny's old home place looked back in the day..




We found spring!!



We boondocked in the Osceola National Forest...



Last night we stayed in a very soggy Big Buloxi Camp part of the DeSoto National Forest...a nice campground with a great shower..but not photos since it was pouring rain and this morning heavy fog and we left early and now here we are at Mississippi rest area making this blog post! 

Hope to be in TX by night fall! 

PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you're doing about 350 miles per day. That's good going. Those are unusual trees by that observation tower. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave! I was trying to get WEST as fast as possible...get out of the rainy pattern and the crowds. The trees are covered in Spanish Moss its typical in a lot of southern landscapes.

      Delete
  2. Good start to the trip. Drive safely and enjoy the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David, I have arrived safely at my destination I took about 19 days and went the Scenic route as much as possible.

      Delete
  3. Look at you girl, one day out and more birds than I've seen all winter. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sallie...I was a little early for the really cool migrants but was happy to see these! This is a really nice facility and I should have taken more time to explore it, but I wanted to make a few more miles so off I went.

      Delete
  4. You sure are covering some miles. Great looking places. Hope to see you at Bogs Springs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Jo, it was so cool to meet'cha! I really like the area of AZ you have chosen I can see why you live there!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. HI Pam I found Spring! LoL, then I went even farther west and found cold again..lol.

      Delete
  6. Hello, looks like a fun trip so far. The warblers and birds are beautiful. Love the gator shot too. Enjoy your trip. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen! I have arrived at my destination safely and catching up on my photos and blogs...

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I always enjoy my time in Texas. This time I spent time in the Hill Country for the first time and really enjoyed it.

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!