Wednesday, December 20, 2017

No Scrooging!

I am not into a lot of decorating for holidays in my older age...if I weren't hosting this year's meal I'd probably just have a flower or 2 to brighten up the season...but honestly MY attic is full of accumulated decorations... so I really had to do a little something!! Remember I fell and broke my wrists saving old Christmas decorations!  No I didn't get those down...lol they may never see the light of day again...who knows.   I had a 7 ft fake tree way too BIG Im learning to scale things down make life simpler for myself.  That big tree was donated to Goodwill...I now have this, a found item, it's just the top portion of what was a bigger tree! I usually put it outside but this year it's inside. Perfect size.  I dragged out one bag of decorations and it had the miniature balls, a string of lights, the small angel, and Khris Kringle who landed on the table. 



      

Fits very well on top of my record album stand!  When my son was a youngster we always went out into the forest and cut a live tree...but TG I don't have to do that now!  If I cut any wood these days it's going into the fireplace!




The Christmas Cactus actually is more of a Thanksgiving one it will probably be done by the 25th a few blooms may hang on.  I have started another one a branch broke off, so easy to root a new one just stick it in dirt! Maybe next year there will be 2 of them! 




And I purchased this poinsettia at my favorite "Dime Store" for $3.99; the grocery store next door to the Dime Store had the same size ones for $16.99, believe it or not! Cost is a big deal to me!



.... hung up the dog's socks hope Santa will bring them something!




                                Casey                                Annie                                  Flossie


I'm trying to keep it really simple so I won't become a Scrooge, BaHumBug... like I have done many times in the past.   If it's easy I can do it!!  Rain is predicted for us, I had hopes of an outdoor firepit with smores on Christmas Eve but rain would def not mix well with that plan SO I may switch the Christmas Eve plan and just do Christmas dinner then and a light lunch on Christmas day since everyone has to get back early Monday due to work on Tuesday.  Not fair that working people are only getting one day off this Year...so we'll see how it goes.  



                                                          Hope your Holiday is easy! 


PEACE
Every day is a new Adventure.

19 comments:

  1. I think it's nice to put a few decorations up, gets you into the spirit of Christmas, your place looks very nice, warm and cosy. Our poinsettias cost about the same, as you say no point paying over the odds. We're lucky here in that the day after Christmas day is a holiday, Boxing Day, so no work for many people, although the shops are open. Have a great time with the family and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you. I'm pretty certain the dogs will get a little something in their stockings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave! I like the idea of Boxing Day, an extra day to let the holiday cheer settle down a bit...
      I have been know to take the tree down on Dec 26th so in a way it's my boxing day...When I had my business I used to close from Christmas to the Day after New Years. Of course I was super busy the weeks before Christmas helping everyone get their new Upholstery done and delivered for the holiday and in our town we have a tour of homes I always had a wait list to get things done in time for that. What I'm saying is I really earned that week off with hours of hard work!!
      I'm not gonna let Santa know about any of the naughty things the dogs have done just to be sure! :o)

      Delete
  2. What a perfect little tree for the area. And I absolutely love your Kris Kringle. I had for many years a Christmas Cactus and one day it just died. I know the kids stockings will get filled. Fred's stocking is hung on the Chimenia(sp) and the treats are hidden can't fill the stocking until he is in bed for the night on Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yes they must wait till Christmas Morning to see what they get! A squirrel destroyed my old C. Cactus, so I got this one at the end of the season 2 yrs ago at Lowes..this is the second time it has bloomed...I would like to put in a bigger pot but then it will take up more space I hope it will stay happy in t his smaller pot.

      Delete
  3. your not scrooging it! This year we scaled back too! I think it actually helps keep what is most important the focus. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI and thanks for the visit! It helps to keep things in perspective and to be able to be happy about that decision.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't find a Blog for you but if you have one let me know so I can come over to visit.

      Delete
  4. Hello, Your tree is pretty. It is only hubby and I here, so I only put up my one little tree too. I love your blooming cactus, looks lovely. The Santa is pretty and the Dog's stockings are ready to be filled. You have a pretty place. Thanks always for your visits and comments this past year. Have a happy day and weekend ahead. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly! No kids around to make a fuss over so simple is better...I sure hope you have a great Holiday!

      Delete
  5. Christmas decorations don't have to be over the top do they, it's just whatever works for you :) The stockings are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, I hope to find something small to treat each of the pooches with.

      Delete
  6. your christmas tree is the right size :) Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I appreciate your visit and comment!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas to all.. hope those stockings get filled so the pups aren’t disappointed! Looks like you’ve hit on the perfect combo of tradition and simplifying! It’s a simple and non traditional one for us ... I wouldn’t have missed the old fashioned ones we used to have (which also included cutting our own tree ), but I am happy that we have new ways to celebrate these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sallie! Yes Traditions need to change as life changes...The pups got some treats they don't get on a normal basis so they were very excited.

      Delete
  8. Happy Holidays from Sharon's Souvenirs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon, so happy to have you stop by, I am adding your blog to my reading list, sounds like you have an exciting year planned!

      Delete
  9. Oh, my goodness, your house looks so pretty! Simple is best for decorating! We didn’t decorate at all, as we’ve all been sick. That’s no fun! Happy New Year! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Karen! So good to hear from you...and so sorry y'all are under the weather, hope you feel better soon...I've heard the Flu is making the rounds early this year!

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!