Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Time is like a blank canvas...

Since I changed my data allowance my online time has dwindled...as I said before I sit in the parking lot at Lowes when I have to go there and upload my trillions of photos..lol but lately I haven't had a reason to go to Lowes..so I work in the yard tending to spring, 


the Anole is wearing his bright green skin right now but he can become brown at the drop of a hat!

...and I work on my house... tending to projects 



This is the old enamel table that was my potting table, it is now my kitchen work island! I didn't like the heavy cart you can see in the background so moved a few things around and love this "open leg" plan here...I put rollers on it and some stretchers to stabilize the legs a little and its perfect!!
  



if it looks a little off it probably is, hey I did it my self------but see the cart now up against the wall on the left...I dislike the yellow.I repainted this kitchen to not have the yellow and there was yellow again, so I taped off the wood and painted it with the same grey as the cabinets..much better!


Sorry bout the blurry photo, I think it's my decreased vision that is causing me problems with my photos...new glasses def have to get onto my to-do list! I like the grey better. 

Another project has been on hold for years!! My grammy's old table- top radio. This baby still has the innards, it works on a 12 volt battery! My mom and I stripped the finish long ago and so I put some teak oil on it and now its out of the attic for good!! It's a Philco 37-38, and it was made in 1936!


I've been hanging art, that piece above the radio was done by my son when he went to art camp one summer; he was still in grammar school...I love it --It's a pastel so that's why its behind glass...I also hung one of his oil paintings in the bathroom...I chose it due to the size and the colors are compatible with the color scheme in the bathroom, (Sallie, I just barely got the Lou in there...so I didn't break my promise!!)



More art to be hung (again I find a blurry photo), I have a pair of paint by number's that I did when I was 10 yrs old,  the pair are now half a century old!!!


More of my son's art that will be hung shown below, this one needs a frame...I adore the colors he used in this one....and the one in a frame already has yet to find it's forever wall from which to hang....I have a few more pieces of his work to hang, also....and those need frames. 


My son should have pursued an arts degree he has great talent!! He painted these when he was 8 or 9 yrs old!! Notice how he signed the painting with his initials right in the foreground..There is one landscape he never finished...it's really a nice one so I'm thinking of finishing it myself...I know If I ask him he will never get around to it..so it will be a joint effort--a later project. 


The porch wicker chairs are about to get some new cushion covers! 
I'm considering using some more of the fabric I designed for the Pony line...I have 2 yards of each pattern...so I may as well make use of it, the back covers laying over the chair back is some I made a few yrs back out of Sunbrella. I will get some waterproofing treatment to treat my fabric once I get them made.  The Avocado plant is outside for the summer on the porch it will need a repotting before it goes back inside in the fall. 

and in the ever present search for balance in my life I applied for a new passport my old one expired too long ago to just renew so I took care of that last week in a small town nearby, our post office no longer does it, yet the smaller town one did, weird?   



Time ...well spent!

PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

11 comments:

  1. Back to the house, I love the table we had one when I was kid it was beautiful but don't know what happened to it. Painting are pretty cool and are finding a place in the house it a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I have enjoyed your cousins visit posts very much!! Yes back to the house there is always a project going on there...Im actually working on the exterior this week but its hardly a blog post some gutter maintenance and repairing vinyl siding that has holes in it!! Yes if you hit it with a golf ball it will bust a hole in it, my X used to practice his swing in the yard so there is 7 vinyl planks to replace I've done 6--- one to go!!

      Delete
    2. We had vinyl siding on a house and it haled really hard and made lots of holes.
      glad you enjoyed the pictures Finally finished posting them all tonight

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the tour; you certainly have a good 'eye' for the decor.
    Enjoyed your sons paintings too; he's very talented.
    And the radio ........... I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keith...I have been trying so long to get it all together, its down to the wire now this will be the year its Finally ready and putting the things I love and Am emotionally attached to into my daily life is making it a special place of retreat for me.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha loved the bathroom fixture picture. I knew I could count on you for another one. Your son really is talented -- I loved all his pictures and think it would be really fun for you to finish that one ...it will be a work of art and love! Your home is looking so amazing. I really like the moveable kitchen island -- that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you couldn't really see the whole thing right..haha! And I thought I was all done in there. The movable island moves with only one finger to guide it!! I will put a new toaster on top of the other cart and it has lots of storage so moving it around would be harder as I fill it up with pots n pans!!

      Delete
  4. The radio looks good stripped down, a classic design. With the island table you could put a shelf over the stretchers and create even more storage space. And at the end of a busy day the porch area looks a nice place to relax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are on the same wave length....I thought of putting some sort light weight shelf there...the porch is a great spot for morning coffee and evening beer!!

      Delete
  5. I'm dining alone tonight, and I knew a visit to your blog would be a good read to keep me company. I wasn't disappointed! I love seeing all the progress you've made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a new routine for you to get reacquainted with, I understand it very much as when I travel and I'm alone, I miss the people who are not there...and then when I'm with them 24/7 I begin to wish for that time alone, balance is the key...and a good stiff drink helps too. :o)

      Delete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!
However I delete comments that contain links or instructions to visit a site unless it directly relates to content of the blog it is posted on. In other words DONT SPAM MY COMMENTS SECTION!!