Saturday, April 25, 2015

What Ive been up to...

Lets add floor sanding to the list of never again's...the main trouble was the rental place had a sander that I swear is 50 yrs old---it didnt work worth a darn and the sandpaper they gave me was dry rotted! it keep breaking off--grr so  made a hard job harder. 

In fact it kicked my butt so hard IM out for the count for a few days...


this is where the 2 floors came together this bare part is where I sanded that black tar paper backing off the old kitchen floor I found under the old tile layer




So hopefully it will be a more seamless look with it freshly sanded


it will never be perfect but its better...


Here's the dining room with its fresh sanded floor and new paint job and Light fixture!!


And the Living Room, Finally I just stopped sanding cause I was all worn out...Still have to do the edges of the LR then its time to stain and poly!! 


Meanwhile I put some of the furniture in the small bar room...




maybe shelving for more glasses and a wine rack will be cool...

AND get this the house still had some cast iron pipes in it...NO MORE I have the bath room floor open so the pipes are out...they were so brittle I hit it one whack with a hammer and it shattered along the seam and look how the inside is all clogged with debris  and rust.



I don't think any water could have drained through these pipes!! 


new ones will hook to this junction here....I put the insulation on the water lines, and used my decorative Paisley duct tape to hold it on...A woman's touch!


PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

4 comments:

  1. It's hard enough doing a job with good tools. I can only imagine a sander with rotten sand paper. Those pipes are really scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rental shop should give you your money back. But the floor are going to be beautiful when your finished. Love the old furniture in the bar room the glass rack is cool too. But man those pipe 8~O. Good to wrap the pipes under the house. Nice tape job

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! Great work. That place is really looking fabulous! I know it feels so good to have the bar room put together and a non-disaster zone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Paisley duck tape is perfect for a woman who can do anything ! Way to go. Only but maybe think about not rushing with stuff like running a sander, I can't imagine that's too good for your recently healed arms. Jeez that pipe is awful. Good thing you caught that while you were working.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated!