Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Eclipsed by Mother Nature!

I went out this morning to witness the eclipse, it was the perfect morning, cool with a light breeze, I watched the entire thing...and took a few photos too, some of which are okay it was hard to get it in the center of the frame but what fun watching the the Western sky.

Moon Eclipse 10.8.14

Moon Eclipse 10.8.14


the shadow crept slowly across...

Moon Eclipse 10.8.14

Moon Eclipse 10.8.14

Moon Eclipse 10.8.14


then it began to get red as the sun began to rise in the east..

Moon Eclipse 10.8.14


Moon Eclipse 10.8.14


A celestial extravaganza! And I saw a shooting star to boot in the Southern sky.. 


PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

10 comments:

  1. You did it! Wow -- I hoped I'd see pictures of the eclipse today. Wonderful. I couldn't stay up that late here in the PNW.

    You should link this post to Skywatch Friday (opens tomorrow afternoon). I doubt anyone could have gotten better photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sleepy now from getting up so early...but it was very nice to see it!

      Delete
  2. And I slept through the whole thing. In my defense, I didn't know it was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots, I slept right thru ti but would't be able to see it anyway the sky was full of rain clouds.
    What ever happened with the dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dog is living with us! We named him Casey Jones---my Mom named him.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful shots! I got up in time to see it eclipsed, but missed the lead up to it. Really nice captures of the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great captures there. Sadly this eclipse wasn't visible from the UK so it's been nice to read someone's first hand account.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We saw it too and it was so darn lovely! The fall colors are phenomenal here now...awesome! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated, and reciprocated!