Saturday, February 22, 2014

Its a Lake Again!

Before I left for the overnight at my sisters to pick up Maggie, I finished up another bedroom paint job! Yes i can now paint, it took me about 2 weeks to do what You all could have done in 2 days but I'm happy to be able to do what I did! 
before


OF course my sister filled up all the cracks, holes and made the repairs to the sheet rock, and sanded it before she left, and I did the final coat...by using a 6 inch roller on an extension stick.

after



I know I said no more wallpaper, but this one wall (on the left here) was in good shape so we left the top portion with wall paper and I painted the lower part, its a nice light color to add much needed light to this room.


so that's the 3rd bedroom done, I'll photo more when I get furniture in place which may be some time yet...

...so while upstate the Lake has been refilled! My favorite little "duck pond" had been drained for more than a year all the waterfowl had left and it was a dead place...but the city got the dam repaired and built a new jetty and the birds are returning some geese have eggs on the little island already, and some hooded mergansers were romancing each other it would be cool to see them nest there too.  Here's the happy couple..


here he is checking out spots by the rocks, maybe the nest will be here?


She doesn't seem to care...maybe he is the DIY'er in this couple!



The coots were back... a small flock....


and some ring billed gulls have taken to the jetty....




and also seen was Pied-billed Grebe, Muscovy Duck, Canada Geese, Belted Kingfisher, Killdeer, E. Bluebird, Yellow Rump Warbler, A Robin, Mallards,  Red Shouldered Hawks, and Carolina Chickadees!!


It was a great day!!

PEACE
Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you can not.

6 comments:

  1. Great news all around.. you are healed enough to work and the room looks great. I love that soft restful color. Great idea. And the pond has water again...wonderful ; amazing that all those birds came back so quickly. Makes you wonder how they get the news out there ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom looks great! I'm so glad you are back to work. Your waterfowl photos are just delightful! I love Hooded M's!!! They are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the room. I love the picture of the Gulls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to build up my Twitter follows, If any of you have Twitter and would like to be added please send your Twitter ID mine is @dixxebell,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you do great work even when recovering from injury! That room looks awesome. Nice to see the hoodies, hope they make some babies for ya. If I understood Twitter I would follow you, but I still just don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy to see you are back to working on the house. the room looks great. Your pictures at the lake are super The hooded ducks are so pretty.

    Take it easy and can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated!