Thursday, October 18, 2012

Falling Into Place!

Fall is happening around here in the form of leaves changing and falling! Nothing stays the same eh?  My sister has returned to Colorado, Mom is settling back into life here quite well.  The dogs are very happy to have her back as Im sure they get lonely when Im at work.


Never know how to dress this time of year, this morning it was raining cats and dogs by the time I arrived at work the sun was out and the temps were rising! It turned out to be a great day...and It will be ever better tomorrow as its FRIDAY..seems I live for Fridays anymore!


Thats our cozy little abode in the fading light this evening as I took a walk around the pasture...
which I hope to keep when this damned divorce is final and I hope that will happen soon, if it doesnt, I am gonna go insane!!

                 

I dont usually plant cabbage...but I figured it would help me to keep my mind on things I love, like growing my own food when I can...I set out 9 plants and right away they were eaten by Unknown Critters...so I bought 9 more and my most awesome sister helped me to create this cage to protect the cabbage while she was here! and it WORKS so far not one nibble!  I hope these cabbage do well.


Didnt get to do much traveling this summer, and probably wont get to do any this fall either, I know its depressing..but never fear the yr from hell has to end sometime RIGHT?


For every ending there is a beginning! Im ready to begin AGAIN!






PEACE



17 comments:

  1. Your outdoor seating area must be relaxing when you are stressed. I hope everything turns around for you soon. I really love that shot of the red vine. Passion vine, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Barb, thanks for your comments, I've got my fingers crossed it means so much to my entire family that we hang onto all this land..and its a Virginia Creeper! 5 leaves in a cluster, some people confuse this for poison ivy, thats 3 leaflets!

      Delete
  2. I do hope you get to keep your place Sondra. That seating area looks very inviting.
    Let's hope those cabbages keep safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, Im hoping too....That seating area is a favorite of ours! I just restained the benches too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sondra, I just got in a muddle and posted my comment on your September 9th post so will just say here that I do hope you get to keep your home, that seems to have been dragging on for ever, it must be awful! I've enjoyed all the posts I missed commenting on and the beautiful photos, especially the birds and butterflies :-) Love the photo on this post with the red leaves or flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, its good to have you visit, I havent been blogging much myself lately!!

      Delete
  4. Yay Sondra! I'm so glad to see your new beginnings! (And what a wonderful way to illustrate that.) Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your sis -- and I'm glad your mom is doing good there (and why wouldn't she)... I hope things get settled favorably really really soon. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sallie, I hope to know something by Oct 29th...a great Halloween treat I hope!!

      Delete
  5. I hate the fact that so many of us spend most of our lives wishing our lives away. "Is it Friday yet?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Joyce, we all have to "do our time" I reckon!

      Delete
  6. Yup, I also hope you get to keep the house... You obviously take great care of it! The cabbage cage looks like a good idea, that red vine shot is awesome, and I'm happy for your dogs that they have your mom to hang out with during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! Congrats on you new home.

      Delete
  7. I hope things go well for you with regards to the house and land. You have a lovely place there. What a great idea your sister had re: the cabbage cage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH I love the cabbage cage, Im thinking of building a cage for each bed in my garden! IT will balance the odds a bit in my favor!

      Delete
  8. Hope you get to keep the pasture Sondra as it looks like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are your cabbages doing, Sondra? I like the cage, it's very inventive. And I love the benches surrounded by the flowers in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You will make it through and life will be sooooooooo much better! We both made it through and so enjoy our life now. Sending you many wishes for peace and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated!